• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That would not be much of a fight.

Thats one of the most contested fights in Marvel history, even though Thor Won every time people have always been skeptical about the fights and have always sayed that a true fight not being dictated by plot would be needed to settle the Silver Surfer vs Thor.

I want to see this fight....with no bullshit behind it.

Fry

so who is better then, Josh Whedon or Chris Nolan ?

i2IZmTqsG4Mab.gif

noah111

Still Alive
Just finished watching Hulk '03.

It's weird how the Hulk looks better there than in 08's TIH.
Agreed, though it is sad since TIH is the better film for the most part. But yeah, 03 Hulk is the better of the two, this one seems to merge both of those looks with one another in the best way.

so who is better then, Josh Whedon or Chris Nolan ? I would seriously consider Josh for JLA movie if am DC.
amxbv.gif
Perfect
lol.gif

fbi

Banned
Saw it last night, packed cinema, everyone clapped at the end. Amazingly fun film. Quite surprising that he was able to pull it off. The bad stuff. enemies aren't engaging and suffer from that typical alien hollywood look. loki isn't very charismatic, scarlett is an absolute bore and can't act, they really should have got someone else.

but the movies great and very funny. Mark Ruffalo was the star of the show for me, he was a great banner, had a real edge to his whole performance.

A few questions for those who've seen the movie

I've not seen anyone mention it yet, but anyone else think Gears of War when the Chitauri invaded?

Also, apparently Alexis Denisof is in the movie as "The Other". I assumed that was the dude that Loki is dealing with at the start. Although some are suggesting that's Thanos, as shown at the end.

For people who have seen Avengers, does it beat out the previous Marvel entries?

For shits and giggles I probably put them:

Iron Man > Thor = Captain America > Iron Man 2

Where do you guys place Avengers?
It's the best by far for me. In comparison i thought Iron Man was very good, Thor good, Iron Man 2 mediocre, The Incredible Hulk bad and Captain America pure garbage.

Ventrue

God damn you, GAF. I was keeping modest expectations for the movie but with all these glowing impressions you're hyping me up.

For people who have seen Avengers, does it beat out the previous Marvel entries?

For shits and giggles I probably put them:

Iron Man > Thor = Captain America > Iron Man 2

Where do you guys place Avengers?

Avengers >>> Iron Man >> Iron Man 2 > Captain America > Thor (haven't seen Hulk) for me.

I'd probably rank them as follows, best to worst.

Avengers
Iron Man
X2
Spider-Man 2
X-Men First Class
Thor
Captain America
X1
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Hulk
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
X3
Daredevil
Spider-Man
Fantastic Four
Spider-Man 3
Electra

Carbonox

X-Men: First Class
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man 2
X-Men 2
X-Men
Spider-Man 2
Fantastic Four - Rise of the Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
X-Men 3
Fantastic Four
Spider-Man 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Daredevil
Electra

Have yet to see Captain America and will see Avengers tomorrow.

fuuuuuck i just figured out that Avengers will ONLY run in 3D at my theaters... fuck that!

still gonna go watch but bummed now, damn red eyes and annoying contrast issues i HATE it :(

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
A few questions for those who've seen the movie

I've not seen anyone mention it yet, but anyone else think Gears of War when the Chitauri invaded?

Also, apparently Alexis Denisof is in the movie as "The Other". I assumed that was the dude that Loki is dealing with at the start. Although some are suggesting that's Thanos, as shown at the end.

Yeah, I'd like an answer to the second question as well as I can't figure it out either.

Rlan

Yeah, I'd like an answer to the second question as well as I can't figure it out either.

I'm fairly certain that the person that speaks to Loki is a middle man who speaks for Thanos. Has like a guard on his mouth and bloody teeth. Thanos doesn't speak at all and is limited in design likely for a reason -- so they can find the actor later

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't seen Thor, but so far in Avengers world:

Iron Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iron Man 2 = Captain America = Incredible Hulk

X Men 2 and Spider-Man 2 are better than Iron Man though

noah111

Still Alive
I'd probably rank them as follows, best to worst.

Avengers
Iron Man
X2
Spider-Man 2
X Men First Class
Thor
Captain America
X1
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Hulk
X3
Daredevil
Spider-Man
Fantastic Four
Spider-Man 3
Electra
Daredevil (and all that other shit) better than Spider-Man 1? Insanity.

I'm about to go see it, at the moment I'm more excited to see the trailers than I am the actual film.

I hope there's a Prometheus trailer, the friends I'm going with don't want to see it and hopefully a trailer at the cinema will win them over.

hamchan

So I just saw this and it was pretty awesome. Very funny, and very good, lengthy action scenes. Pretty much everything I want from a comic book action movie. Joss Whedon nailed it. Also they absolutely now need to make a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo.

Avengers > Iron Man > Thor > Captain America > Iron Man 2

I cannot wait for the 2nd cycle of Marvel movies now. Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, Hulk (I hope), then Avengers 2.

I had no idea Jeremy Renner had been on Angel.

And Josh Holloway had a bit part in an early episode.

future_pinoy said:
so which director you think has a better take on super heroes, Josh Whedon or Chris Nolan ?

Who is this "Josh" Whedon? Is that Joss's more talented brother? If so, I hope he is a better writer then Joss, but then again that is not difficult.

My charts after Avengers

Iron Man
Avengers
X2
X Men First Class
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 2
X1
X0 (Wolverine)
X3
Spider-Man
The Incredible Hulk
Hulk
Daredevil
Captain America
Fantastic Four
Electra
Thor
Spider-Man 3

My charts after Avengers

Iron Man
Avengers
X2
X Men First Class
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 2
X1
X0 (Wolverine)
X3
Spider-Man
The Incredible Hulk
Hulk
Daredevil
Captain America
Fantastic Four
Electra
Thor
Spider-Man 3

I just watched Thor again last night, one of my favourite Marvel films. Probably in my top 5.

Below Elektra? I laugh.

Platy

Not sure iof posted .. but according o the imdb the deleted scenes will be basicaly about:

There will be about 30 minutes of the excised footage included in the DVD Release, most of which revolves around Steve Rogers (Captain America). Whedon revealed that one of these scenes involved Rogers struggling to adjust to the modern world in his Brooklyn apartment and another revealed Steve Rogers' reunion with Peggy Carter, his love interest from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Feature

Banned
Not sure iof posted .. but according o the imdb the deleted scenes will be basicaly about:

There will be about 30 minutes of the excised footage included in the DVD Release, most of which revolves around Steve Rogers (Captain America). Whedon revealed that one of these scenes involved Rogers struggling to adjust to the modern world in his Brooklyn apartment and another revealed Steve Rogers' reunion with Peggy Carter, his love interest from Captain America: The First Avenger.

why didn't thor
go meet his girl? Well it was that black swan actress, so clearly it would've cost to much

noah111

Still Alive

That's great, but I wish they would have saved that stuff, esp. the latter, for the sequel to
Captain America

why didn't thor
go meet his girl? Well it was that black swan actress, so clearly it would've cost to much
Fistful is rolling in his grave.

Daredevil (and all that other shit) better than Spider-Man 1? Insanity.

Not a fan of the Tobey Maguire/Sam Raimi combo. Kirsten Dunst also rubs me up the wrong way and as for that Green Goblin design..ewwwww! God knows how I came to like Spider-man 2 so much.

Suffice to say I am way more excited about The Amazing Spider-man

RetroMG

My brother in law just tuned me into the Avengers Movie Marathon some theaters are doing the day before. (Which I'm sure has been discussed in this thread somewhere.) I want to go, but it would likely use up the day off I've been saving for Diablo 3. Decisions decisions.

hamchan

Should have saved it for
Captain America 2

bryanee

Just seen it, christ man that was like a comic book wet dream come true. I loved every second of it. Easily the best Marvel movie to date.

The Hulk was just amazing and got some good laughs.

Tedesco!

Having not seen the Avengers yet....

Iron Man
X2
The Incredible Hulk
X Men First Class
Thor
Captain America
Blade
Iron Man 2
X1
Blade 2
Punisher (Special Edition)
Blade 3
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
Hulk
Daredevil (Special Edition)
Ghost Rider
X3
Fantastic Four
Electra
X: Wolverine
Spider-Man 3

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Man, I know this will never happen, but I'd love a "New Avengers" movie. Sony, Fox, and Marvel all team up to make a movie with Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Luke Cage, and the others. It'll never happen.

Pretty much I just want Spider-man in a team-up movie, preferably with Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom