• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

Okay I recently got the code for DA's Blood Dragon Armor for ME2, from PS3 only user.

How, Where and When do I redeem the code for the 360 version?

Help!

Vamphuntr

aryanr said:
Okay I recently got the code for DA's Blood Dragon Armor for ME2, from PS3 only user.

How and When do I redeem the code for the 360 version?

Help!

You input the code in Dragon Age. Log in you EA account in game and go to the DLC menu then press the button to input code.

i-Lo

Vamphuntr said:
You input the code in Dragon Age. Log in you EA account in game and go to the DLC menu then press the button to input code.

Err.. I don't have the game, like I mentioned in the original post.

:'(

Vamphuntr

Killthee said:
http://social.bioware.com/redeem_code.php

You'll need to create an EA/Bioware account first.

When ME2 comes out, you'll need to log into the Cerberus Network using the same EA/Bioware account and the content should appear on your list of authorized dlc.

I never knew you could register on the social site. When I look at my account there it shows that only the items from Journey's are okay to dld on PS3/360/PC. All my preorder items, CE items and the BD Armor are only available for my 360 version. Does it means that the Armor is console specific for 360 and PC (I know the PC patch updated it's stats).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
aryanr said:
So is there way to circumvent and get the the armor for ME2 for 360 without having DA itself?
Yes, as long as you have the code.......
Killthee said:

When ME2 comes out, you'll need to log into the Cerberus Network using the same EA/Bioware account and the content should appear on your list of authorized dlc.

Vamphuntr said:
I never knew you could register on the social site. When I look at my account there it shows that only the items from Journey's are okay to dld on PS3/360/PC. All my preorder items, CE items and the BD Armor are only available for my 360 version. Does it means that the Armor is console specific for 360 and PC (I know the PC patch updated it's stats).
AFAIK, some stuff, like the items from Journeys, the Edge dagger, the ring from the PC character creator, etc... are all cross platform and available for all versions you own. The pre-order items, the dlc quest, the blood dragon armor, and any DLC you buy for the game is tied to one console.

Killthee

aryanr said:
Yea, he sent me the 16 digit code. Question is, as aforementioned, how, where and when do I redeem it.
I'll try one more time........ :lol

Hope that helps :D

i-Lo

Killthee said:
I'll try one more time........ :lol

Hope that helps :D

I am sorry that you had to be redundant.

I do have both Bioware and EA accounts and so this last bit of info that you provided about Cerberus Network, really helps.

Thanks Panda bear!

Please don't "Kill Me"!

Killthee

aryanr said:
I am sorry that you had to be redundant.

I do have both Bioware and EA accounts and so this last bit of info that you provided about Cerberus Network, really helps.

Thanks Panda bear!

Please don't "Kill Me"!
Then you just have to link them to the social site. You can link them here, just click on one of the existing account buttons. Once you get that out of the way you should be able to input the Blood Dragon Armor code into the redeem site :D

i-Lo

Killthee said:
Then you just have to link them to the social site. You can link them here, just click on one of the existing account buttons. Once you get that out of the way you should be able to input the Blood Dragon Armor code into the redeem site :D

Thank you! (combat arms style, if you have ever played it)

Alucrid

Banned
Wait, so what exactly is this Cerberus Network card if it's going to be included with all versions of the game? Does this mean that the "exclusive" armor and weapons aren't actually so?

Vamphuntr said:

My Blood Dragon comes up for 360/PS3 but not the PC.

Vamphuntr

Alucrid said:
Wait, so what exactly is this Cerberus Network card if it's going to be included with all versions of the game? Does this mean that the "exclusive" armor and weapons aren't actually so?

The CE armor and rifle are exclusive to the CE. As far as what is the purpose of the card we are not sure yet.

EDIT : People seems to think on the ME forum that it's gonna be required to access the DLC menu. That would mean no DLC for used copies. I doubt bioware would do that.

Alucrid said:
My Blood Dragon comes up for 360/PS3 but not the PC.

It's possible to get the armor on PS3 ? Mindblown!

Killthee

Alucrid said:
AFAIK, Chris said the Cerberus Network card is included in all Australian/UK copies of the game. Apparently the CE description for those regions never mentioned the Cerberus card and people assumed the card just wasn't being included in those CE copies. Chris talked to the people distributing in those regions and they told him both versions would include the card. He never said all WW copies would include the card, he said "My understanding it is in ALL versions of ME2, not just teh CE. The CE has all the otehr goodies, but the Cerberus card is in all copies." in a thread discussing the AU/UK copies..... take that however you want.

The CE Armor & Incisor Rifle is separate from the Cerberus card.

collectors_content-p.jpg

And they still haven't confirmed what DLC the card is for.

Vamphuntr said:
It's possible to get the armor on PS3 ? Mindblown!
All copies came with the card, but I think the PS3 one has the shittiest stats out of all of them.... : /

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Alucrid said:

IIRC, there was something on the ME forums about it giving access to immediate additional DLC content, which may include another party member, similar to Shale from Dragon Age only being available to those who bought the game new.

But that is, of course, unknown at this time.

Vamphuntr

Killthee said:
AFAIK, Chris said the Cerberus Network card is included in all Australian/UK copies of the game. Apparently the CE description for those regions never mentioned the Cerberus card and people assumed the card just wasn't being included in those CE copies. Chris talked to the people distributing in those regions and they told him both versions would include the card. He never said all WW copies would include the card, he said "My understanding it is in ALL versions of ME2, not just teh CE. The CE has all the otehr goodies, but the Cerberus card is in all copies." in a thread discussing the AU/UK copies..... take that however you want.

Nope the card is in every copies WW. Even on steam both version comes with the virtual card. Chris Priestly also said it many time :

http://meforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=716314&forum=144&highlight=Cerberus card

It is available for both versions and it is the same for both versions.

It is part of the collector's version, but I don't think it was ever billed as "exclusive to" the CE. Sorry you misunderstood.

There is a lot of cool content that is exclusive to the CE (the Dark Horse comic, the bonus content disc, etc), so the CE is still an excellent version for those who were lucky enough to find them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Breaking; the Cerberus gets you $5 off at Hot Topic.

Vamphuntr

Killthee said:
Wow.....talk about fucking up. Don't know how they went from letting every one clearly know Shale was included in all copies to screwing this up.... :lol

I know. The game is a little more than 2 weeks away and we don't know what the bonus content is. We knew about Shale months before the game release.

EDIT : Also the description clearly read as LIMITED EDITION card on the official ME 2 site for the CE. What is so limited if it's in every copies :lol

Killthee

jonah777 said:
The going theory is that he is a Lystheni Salarian.
That sounds sweet.

Your Anderson Cooper TIM concept art avatar is making me wish they had gone with a similar model instead of the fat ugly Sheen model : /

chixdiggit

I now I have a PC that can run Mass Effect 2. Problem is that I finished Mass Effect 1 on the 360. Do you guys think it's worth sticking with the 360 version just to continue off my old save?

Alucrid

Banned
Waaaay too much conflicting information / not enough information. Hopefully Bioware clears this up eventually.

chixdiggit said:
I now I have a PC that can run Mass Effect 2. Problem is that I finished Mass Effect 1 on the 360. Do you guys think it's worth sticking with the 360 version just to continue off my old save?

Should've got it on sale on Steam. I'm going with the 360 now to continue my character, and I'll pick up ME2 on the PC next time it goes on sale. :D

jonah777

Killthee said:
That sounds sweet.

Your Anderson Cooper TIM concept art avatar is making me wish they had gone with a similar model instead of the fat ugly Sheen model : /
Agreed.
Although I think Blur's version is the perfect compromise between appearance and voice.

Killthee

Alucrid said:
Waaaay too much conflicting information / not enough information. Hopefully Bioware clears this up eventually.
I blame Chris Priestly. That man is too evil for the title of Community Manager.
jonah777 said:
Agreed.
Although I think Blur's version is the perfect compromise between appearance and voice.
Same, too bad they couldn't pull it off in game.

hitmon

chixdiggit said:

I'm in the same boat. I also have completed saves on the 360. I picked up Mass Effect for the PC for cheap, but I just can't play through it. The controls on the port are frustrating.

Anybody know if the PC version of Mass Effect 2 is a port like the original?

Alucrid said:
Well what do you find conflicting? At least to me things seem rather clear for the most part.

SlickVic

hitmon said:
I'm in the same boat. I also have completed saves on the 360. I picked up Mass Effect for the PC for cheap, but I just can't play through it. The controls on the port are frustrating.

Anybody know if the PC version of Mass Effect 2 is a port like the original?

This time both versions are being developed @ Bioware. Last time PC version was sent to another studio, Demiurge I think, to complete.

I think the controls worked quite well though; really tweaked them to take advantage of KB&M. Main exception I remember was using a mouse to select planets in the Galaxy Map which was incredibly slow and clunky. Not sure how much they'll change in ME2.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
hitmon said:
The controls on the port are frustrating.
I don't understand. I've played both, and the PC is way more streamlined.

Hotkey bar, hold space for party. It's awesome.

Swag

Sebulon3k said:
Have they talked about the performance of the 360 version? I played the first on 360 and it had so many performance issues.

Anyone able to help me out with this question?

Sebulon3k said:
Anyone able to help me out with this question?

All of the gameplay videos shown so far look like they are from the 360 version. From what I understand there is no controller support for the PC version and all of the gameplay videos I've seen are obviously using a controller. No offense but those sloppy sluggish crane controls stick out like a sore thumb.

Swag

I <3 Memes said:
All of the gameplay videos shown so far look like they are from the 360 version. From what I understand there is no controller support for the PC version and all of the gameplay videos I've seen are obviously using a controller. No offense but those sloppy sluggish crane controls stick out like a sore thumb.
So the 360 is a cometely viable option
this time round? Awesome cause that's the version I'm getting.

No I'm not trolling ME1 I probably could've worded that sentence better, I played ME1 on the 360 many times.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Sebulon3k said:
So the 360 is a cometely viable option
this time round? Awesome cause that's the version I'm getting.

No I'm not trolling ME1 I probably could've worded that sentence better, I played ME1 on the 360 many times.

For a long time, the 360 version was the only option for ME1 (since the PC version came later, giving BioWare a chance to improve ME1 for the PC thus making it the best option for ME1). Now that ME2 is designed for both the PC and 360 ground-up, the two versions should be pretty much equal (more so than DA was when compared between the PC and console versions).

This is true specifically because ME was a franchise that was designed for the consoles while DA was meant to be a PC RPG series.

No ME1's framerate problems are well known. But rest assured that all of that beautiful gameplay, gorgeous graphics, and rock solid framerate you've seen from ME2 are from the 360 version.

Swag

Shrinnan said:
Now that ME2 is designed for both the PC and 360 ground-up, the two versions should be pretty much equal

I would've gotten the PC version but my PC is out of commission for a while and I don't wanna wait a week after the game comes out to play it.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Sebulon3k said:
I would've gotten the PC version but my PC is out of commission for a while and I don't wanna wait a week after the game comes out to play it.

I'm getting ME2 for the 360 (even though my PC would be capable of running it) - DA is the game from BioWare you would want to get for the PC while I actually think ME2 may be more fit on a console like the 360 (the ME series was designed with a controller in mind, not a mouse and keyboard while Dragon Age is not).

Of course, I still got DA for the 360 as well, even though I know the PC one is superior. I'll eventually get the game for my PC though, it's just that I am still used to a controller, although in DA's case I think a controller and keyboard would be more welcome (from having time with the game).

Alucrid

Banned
Lostconfused said:
Well what do you find conflicting? At least to me things seem rather clear for the most part.

What exactly the Cerberus Network card is, if it's coming only in the CE or with the regular edition as well, then if the latter is true if it's being limited to certain locations or is world wide, etc.

edit: I want to look at that cam footage but I also want to stay completely in the dark, as much as possible at least, until the game comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom