• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 7th | UK General Election 2015 OT - Please go vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As may be expected given his holdings, he seems super-current on farming issues - he put his weight behind the calls for a badger cull ten years ago, warned about problems in the Rural Payments Agency before that particular boil popped and requested an independant ajdudactor for the supermarket/farmer issues (I assume pricing and such, I recall at one point supermakets were buying milk at less then the production cost).

I'm liking him more and more reading his more detailed views

Sorry guys starting typing it out and realised I was hitting a tunnel. Standard's headline: Teenage Jihadi Escapes Charge.
jlngIbLl.png

Got to froth up that hatred to soften the human rights act changes.

samn

Not sure if it's been posted yet but this appeared on the Graun today.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/may/13/tory-officials-threatened-bbc-miliband-tom-baldwin-licence-fee

Whilst I'm not sure how much truth there is to it - there's obviously no named sources, but it would certainly explain the beeb's perplexing coverage over the election. Like how they reprinted CCHQ shite verbatim via the Telegraph.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/17/bbc-leftwing-bias-non-existent-myth

RedShift

I don't agree with a lot of what he says but I do find the abuse he gets really distasteful considering he actually does go out and try to help people.

Definitely agree. The abuse he gets for being a "junkie" or otherwise being some sort of degenerate is really vile. The idea that even if you manage to beat drug addiction you're forever tainted and lower than everyone else is horrible.

Mr. Sam

Diane Abbott will be trying to run for Mayor of London. She's done well for someone with a single digit IQ.

Sorry guys starting typing it out and realised I was hitting a tunnel. Standard's headline: Teenage Jihadi Escapes Charge.
jlngIbLl.png

So the lad didn't actually do anything and thus isn't being charged? I'm trying to think why I wouldn't say: fucking good.

kitch9

Banned
because all the public see if extremists spouting hate, protests shutting down cities.... The media always report these things, they wont realise that what they are actually going to ban is anti-establishment stuff

I heard that they were going to start baby farming.

Blond hair, blue eyes apparently.

PJV3

Diane Abbott will be trying to run for Mayor of London. She's done well for someone with a single digit IQ.

So the lad didn't actually do anything and thus isn't being charged? I'm trying to think why I wouldn't say: fucking good.

He's a shit Jihadi, I thought about robbing a bank once, I even went in it.

Tak3n

Banned
so.....

30,000 new Labour members..... the party announced new members get a vote on their leader...

following me here! get your tin foil hats on...

Tak3n

Banned
Well no one can say he's not charismatic.

he will suffer the same fate as ED, as the unions stupidly said they wanted him, so he will get 5 years of Cameron throwing the same mud he did at Ed Miliband...

they need to clean slate it, no one toxic, no minister from the last time they were in power, it is the only way to counter 5 years of the same Tory accusations

All you left wingers just bitch and whine about everything, but NONE of you offer any practical solutions to the actual problems.

It's why I can't take any of you seriously, you just come across as a bunch of sixth formers doing their best to sound cool by being as anti establishment as possible.

Pffft..I bet many of you are 'shy Tories' as well.

PJV3

All you left wingers just bitch and whine about everything, but NONE of you offer any practical solutions to the actual problems.

It's why I can't take any of you seriously, you just come across as a bunch of sixth formers doing their best to sound cool by being as anti establishment as possible.

Or you don't like/discount the suggestions, I haven't got an answer for everything if I'm being honest.

There he is! I've been disappointed we couldn't have had your thoughts on the potential Labour/SNP scenario during the election.

Real Hero

The Conservatives need to get their skates on. 5 years to turn the country into a quasi North Korea ain't long.

I find the hysteria over turning the country into 1984 some people have over the top too. It doesn't mean there isn't legitimate worries or it can all be reduced to 'left wingers' bitching

Cameron is trying to bring in a blanket ban about revealing royal correspondence.

Prepare yourself for the shock that the royals might be broadly conservative later today.

Actually I messed that up.
He wants to strengthen ministerial veto for all foi requests.

What's wrong with the cunt?

Well, he already blocked the whistleblower protection for the child abuse investigation into Westminster, didn't he?

also, you forgot the word 'massive' there, as in "what's wrong with the massive cunt".

So just a few days in and we're worried for our HRA & NHS, 18 year olds will be allowed to work and pay taxes yet be exempt from benefits, fox hunting is coming back because appease Toff masters reasons, Michael 'Fucking' Gove is the justice secretary, The BBC is under threat because Murdoch reasons, and they're going to bring back the snooper's charter. Oh, and they want to block FOI.

Did I miss anything? Can any members of ToryGaf explain how this is a good situation worthy of your vote?

Spaghetti

the fact that they're pushing all this shit through retroactively shows that the lib dems weren't exactly the lickspittling lapdogs of the coalition people made them out to be, no?

it's all very worrying, actually. i have to wonder what exactly is going on in the heads of some tory ministers.

Hasney

the fact that they're pushing all this shit through retroactively shows that the lib dems weren't exactly the lickspittling lapdogs of the coalition people made them out to be, no?

it's all very worrying, actually. i have to wonder what exactly is going on in the heads of some tory ministers.

Yup. The Lib Dems tried to talk about it, but they couldn't get the word out.... They tried an infographic and everything. But if they ever spoke up about this type of thing, no-one gave a shit, because uni fees. People just aren't the brightest when it comes to coalition governments, the junior partner is always fucked.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I think the Lib Dems will very much be vindicated. Whether that will translate to votes in any way I don't know...

Hasney

I think the Lib Dems will very much be vindicated. Whether that will translate to votes in any way I don't know...

Probably not. Tories will pass all the crap they couldn't this year, people will realise exactly what the Lib Dems managed to do.... Then no-one will remember in 5 years time.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
well, that's more the politician mindset rather than a particular side of the aisle. the work some ex politicians get into is very telling, and often confusing like blair's middle east peace envoy job.

Or that twat David Milliband.

To be fair I don't think twats like IDS and Gove are in it for their money. They are just vile people.

Audioboxer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7erjO8N0u_g

I am really starting to like Russell Brand, he gets is spot on.... if you are poor or not working you are fucked

what David Cameron says is exactly right, if you are in the elite then life is indeed about to get better :)

I think Brand got way too much flak. He was out of his depth with quite a lot of the political videos, but you cannot argue against everything he says. Some of it I full heartedly agree with.

The Independent really seem to be very Tory-skeptic in the aftermath of this election.

Which would be great if they didn't, you know, print an article just before the GE stating they want Cameron back. Their owner happens to be a non dom, naturally.

Now the election is done, their anti-Tory stance is coming across as very disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom