• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

Expected, but still annoying.

Why would SF suddenly upend over a century of Irish abstentionism to suit the interests of an English political party? I, like most Irishmen, support SF's policy of abstention. It's how Ireland got its first Parliament when the majority of elected Irish MP's to the Commons set up an Irish Parliament (Dail Eireann) after the 1918.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The Orange Lodge wanted Labour voters to go Conservative but Unionists might have been playing it sneaky and unifying behind Labour in areas where the Tories had very little chance.

It would make sense for a single issue voter to rally behind the candidate with the most chances.

Faddy

Banned
These two would mean quite a big swing from YouGov. I wonder if some of the former Tory voting intentions voted tactically anti indyref2.

There are very few Tory voters in those constituencies. If Labour have bounced back in Central Scotland it is all down to the Corbyn Effect as his manifesto has wooed back the traditional Labour base with a tradition Labour Manifesto.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Tories might have underestimated how much of the Leave vote was down to an anti-establishment sentiment than actually wanting to leave the EU.

I believe Brexit vote was this,and now they don't want Tories. If it goes how I think they will screw the Tories over to say up yours

Jonnax

Someone photoshop Jeremy Vine into this:
fig3-north.png

lol, what's this from?

Why would SF suddenly upend over a century of Irish abstentionism to suit the interests of an English political party? I, like most Irishmen, support SF's policy of abstention. It's how Ireland got its first Parliament when the majority of elected Irish MP's to the Commons set up an Irish Parliament (Dail Eireann) after the 1918.

Because I'm selfish.

faridmon

Tories majority in Swindon....

IN Fucking Swindon

How the fuck do they not get that their city is further depleted by the Tories. How thick can they be? Isn't that town supposed to be one of the poorest in the country?

ffs

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Labour are super confident Rudd is gone. Heard it from some big 'uns now.

Wes

venison crêpe
The media doesn't seem to have noticed the accuracy of the yougov poll so far. Still obsessed over exit poll.

They put so much money in to it, they likely don't want to cede it yet.

The papers will pick up on it first, then the tv channels.

Yeah, seems unlikely.

Might just do it for the craic and as a fuck you to the conservatives, ha.

empyrean

Tories majority in Swindon....

IN Fucking Swindon

How the fuck do they not get that their city is further depleted by the Tories. How thick can they be? Isn't that town supposed to be one of the poorest in the country?

ffs

I can only apologise. Me and my fiancée did our part!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There are very few Tory voters in those constituencies. If Labour have bounced back in Central Scotland it is all down to the Corbyn Effect as his manifesto has wooed back the traditional Labour base with a tradition Labour Manifesto.

Yougov has:

Coatbridge: SNP 42% LAB 32% CON 23%
Rutherglen: SNP 38% LAB 29% CON 22%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom