• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election - 8th June 2017 |OT| - The Red Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left number, actual. Right number, yougov prediction.

Code:
Tories
Houghton & Sunderland South 	29 	29.7
Sunderland Central 	       33 	33.4
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	25 	24.6
Newcastle East 	               26 	24
North Swindon 	               52 	53.6
Sunderland West 	      29 	28.8
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	31 	33.9

Labour
Houghton & Sunderland South 	56 	59.5
Sunderland Central 	        53 	55
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	63 	64.9
Newcastle East 	               59 	64
North Swindon 	               35 	38.4
Sunderland West 	       57 	60.7
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	54 	55.4

Looking pretty good for Labour. Haven't underperformed a yougov projection once yet.

John Prescott‏Verified account @johnprescott

Heard from very good source who was there that Rupert Murdoch stormed out of The Times Election Party after seeing the Exit Poll 😂 #Vote2017

Artists impression:

wswDC2M.gif

Par Score

Ah, Labour lost Nuneaton. Not great.

EDIT: But outperformed YouGov marginally again. YouGov still had it within their margin of error, absolutely destroying this election so far. I;m proud to have worked for them!

Nah, Nuneaton result not great compared to YouGov (Tories +5 Lab -1) or Exit Poll. Just like 2015, Nuneaton crushes my dreams.

Calling it as a slim Con majority in the end, and heading to bed. Chin up comrades.

weekev

Banned
Left number, actual. Right number, yougov prediction.

Code:
Tories
Houghton & Sunderland South 	29 	29.7
Sunderland Central 	       33 	33.4
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	25 	24.6
Newcastle East 	               26 	24
North Swindon 	               52 	53.6
Sunderland West 	      29 	28.8
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	31 	33.9

Labour
Houghton & Sunderland South 	56 	59.5
Sunderland Central 	        53 	55
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	63 	64.9
Newcastle East 	               59 	64
North Swindon 	               35 	38.4
Sunderland West 	       57 	60.7
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	54 	55.4
That's ridiculously accurate and very promising. Especially since they have been slightly underselling Labour which means they could pick up more marginals. Seriously optimistic Tories won't get to 300.

woodland

Can anyone explaining how it's going for me? Friend linked me to results but didn't say it wasn't over. Is it hung? What's the best to expect?

operon

Why would SF suddenly upend over a century of Irish abstentionism to suit the interests of an English political party? I, like most Irishmen, support SF's policy of abstention. It's how Ireland got its first Parliament when the majority of elected Irish MP's to the Commons set up an Irish Parliament (Dail Eireann) after the 1918.
This sinn fein policy is not at all like Arthur Griffiths policy. If they are smart and could help labour they should

gngf123

Can anyone explaining how it's going for me? Friend linked me to results but didn't say it wasn't over. Is it hung? What's the best to expect?

We only have polls and early results right now. We won't have a good idea how it is really going for another 3-5 hours.

It is looking like a hung government, but it could still be a small Conservative Majority.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Why would SF suddenly upend over a century of Irish abstentionism to suit the interests of an English political party? I, like most Irishmen, support SF's policy of abstention. It's how Ireland got its first Parliament when the majority of elected Irish MP's to the Commons set up an Irish Parliament (Dail Eireann) after the 1918.

If it gained SF a border poll?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I'm misreading things, but the Tories get less seats in the YouGov poll than in the Exit Poll, despite getting a higher share of the vote?

Correct. YouGov thinks Labour are overperforming in the marginals - the suburban vote (this isn't the same vote as suburban America, before kirblar comments - UK cities radiate outwards, American cities are economic donuts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom