• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Titus Andronicus is like the hipsterest hipster band to hipster. I can't even think of a more hipster band. And I don't mean the fans, I mean the band itself.

You have it the other way around, friend. Titus Andronicus are the antithesis of hipsterism but their demographic definitely skews hipster somehow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fans is one thing, but c'mon, EVERY BAND comes off as the hipsterest hipsters that ever hipped. That's just what it is.

Cassette player
Ironic American flag
150 pound guy with a beard
Hobo gloves
Wearing revolutionary/civil war era style clothing in an attempt to look cool while acting as if they are conveying some sort of message without conveying it whatsoever and having no relation to the song.

Seriously, the word hipster is thrown around recklessly, but Titus Andronicus is the band version of this picture.
hipster-bike.jpg

It's not evne like Yeah Yeah Yeahs were back in the day where you could just excuse them as weirdo art school kids.

Cassette player
Ironic American flag
Hobo gloves
Wearing revolutionary/civil war era style clothing in an attempt to look cool while acting as if they are conveying some sort of message without conveying it whatsoever and having no relation to the song.

Seriously, the word hipster is thrown around recklessly, but Titus Andronicus is the band version of this picture.
hipster-bike.jpg

It's not evne like Yeah Yeah Yeahs were back in the day where you could just excuse them as weirdo art school kids.

1.jpg

Cassette player
Ironic American flag
Hobo gloves

hipster-bike.jpg

Oh you mean hipsters? Honestly I could do away with this word in general because it's dumb and is used around so much. I mean I was gonna retaliate with pictures of LCD Soundsystem concerts but really who gives a shit.

It's about the music brehs

Guys who else is excited for Edge of Tomorrow? I mean I'm also hyped for the new COD so that probably say something about me and my opinions on inserting robotics into a person's body.
all for it

I mean I wouldn't mind inserting something into Emily Blunt doe.....
emily-blunt-edge-tomorrow-pic3rf.jpg

But seriously holy fuck this ridic
tom-cruise-edge-of-tomorrow-suit-1.jpg

Guys I'm not a marketer, I swear.

I'm pretty damn excited.

Also, Ricochet posted about some dirt sheet rumors. What's the rumors on Ric right now?

strobogo

Banned
As a guitar player, I really hate when players don't cut their strings after a restring. A. It looks trashy. B. You're going to poke your finger or hand and it is really going to hurt.

undertakerfuckyou.gif.....wait I don't know if that was condescending or not :/

I'll wait for Bionic's take on the science of robotics before any of this gets out of hand.

I wouldn't mind the use of bionics/robotics/augmentations or whatever you wanna call them in order to restore lost limbs, or senses like seeing or hearing.

With that said, I don't see any good coming out of enhancing people beyond normal human capabilities. I feel it would open a can of worms that humanity cannot, and will never be able to deal with properly.

I'm on my phone or I'd post some more.

Sblargh

Banned
You're only saying that because a Brazilian directed the latest movie.

I did not even remembered that. I saw the trailer, thought it sucked, and blocket it out of my mind. Until you reminded me now, so I'll have to block it again.

Stop ruining things, Bean.

somedevil

I'm pretty damn excited.

Also, Ricochet posted about some dirt sheet rumors. What's the rumors on Ric right now?

What did he say?

Here was the rumor:

Apparently when Ricochet came in, there were younger wrestlers in developmental who reacted to him like he was a big deal but to WWE, he's just a guy who they don't know that's getting a tryout for a developmental deal. It's said that because officials didn't know who he was and got the reaction that he did from talents, that was the first strike against him until producer Jamie Noble outright told people that Ricochet is really something special.

In the end, Noble's praise didn't help and he wasn't offered a deal. While Ricochet received high marks from those that judge talents at the tryouts, the decision was that they already have too many guys of his size in developmental and they have more than their quota of high flyers, as we've heard with other cases.

Carnby

Foxy Shazam is incorrectly confused as a Hipster band because of the skinny jeans. But they are far from it.

Seriously, I challenge you to watch their video for "I Like It" and honestly say you don't like it.

Showaddy

What sucks is he's so much more than a high flyer. He needs a manager but man he's perfection and poetry in the ring.

Problem is that's pretty much Adrian Neville down to a tee. I can see why the turned him down, even if it makes zero sense with useless lumps like Mojo getting TV time.

Ricochet is superb. And he has a great name which the WWE would probably change into something like Chad Wild.

True but he has a kid and he can't keep up his style at the pace he does forever. I really like Ric. I didn't get into indie wrestling until I saw DGUSA and ROH at Arizona mania weekend.

The next shows I went to were Dg United weekend 2011. From there I went to nearly every DGUSA show till last summer. I've seen him come a long way and I'd love to see him attack the next level. Ric's been super cool to me and I'd love to see his hard work get him to the top.

Problem is that's pretty much Adrian Neville down to a tee. I can see why the turned him down, even if it makes zero sense with useless lumps like Mojo getting TV time.

Man they're really different though. Ricochet is still more of a snake in movement since he's not as bulky as Neville. There's room for both and really they could elevate each other on this level like they did the last.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Ricochet isn't hideous nor does he look like he'll get busted for 'natural anabolics' in the future like Neville.

somedevil

Man they're really different though. Ricochet is still more of a snake in movement since he's not as bulky as Neville. There's room for both and really they could elevate each other on this level like they did the last.

I believe they will one day sign him. Its just seems WWE is just hot and cold on high flyers depending on the day. If more like him on the roster become stars they will want him.

They did sign Devitt. I think if he signs with New Japan and becomes big they will come calling because it seems if your a star in Japan they will want you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I believe they will one day sign him. Its just seems WWE is just hot and cold on high flyers depending on the day. If more like him on the roster become stars they will want him.

They did sign Devitt. I think if he signs with New Japan and becomes big they will come calling.

They are kind of hitting peak indie at this point though, there's nowhere near enough space for all of the truly excellent people they will have/already have on NXT, and they do keep signing more and more.

So unless Vince dies/steps aside and Ripple H decides to turn the WWE roster into a bunch of small indie guys with incredible skills I think they pretty much already have everyone they need, perhaps even too many of those guys.

Top Bottom