• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+

Finally squeezed in the rest of SuperBrawl II and I'm having a great time in '92! And was it just me or was this the first encounter with a... how do I say... smarkish crowd? :eek:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally squeezed in the rest of SuperBrawl II and I'm having a great time in '92! And was it just me or was this the first encounter with a... how do I say... smarkish crowd? :eek:

Heels were over in WCW. Even though Rude got atomic heat in WCW, he got a huge pop for hitting Vader with a chair. Vader had fans in the crowd even when he was breaking peoples backs and 'injuring' sweet baby boy Sting

Users like Zach are going to force WWE to start throttling the network. Capped at 20 hours a month, once you go over you can only watch NXT.

strobogo

Banned

Philly crowds were smarkish going all the way back to the late 70s. I eagerly await you hitting Beach Blast 1992. It has to be the closest thing to an A. The first 3 matches are decent to good. The last 4 are top tier stuff, especially Rude/Steamboat. Blows my mind that Meltzer didn't give that 5 stars, but did give 5 for War Games that year, which wasn't much different than any other WG except with a lot of great talent.

Zach

Add a total hours watched count.

It's way too late for that. Well, if you're wanting an accurate number. I did start a spreadsheet, though, so I can sort based on promotion and/or grades. In case I want to rewatch the good ones some day or whatever.

I'm a nerd.

Zach

Users like Zach are going to force WWE to start throttling the network. Capped at 20 hours a month, once you go over you can only watch NXT.

Gotta get my money's worth before they up the price and/or discontinue the service! >_>

Philly crowds were smarkish going all the way back to the late 70s. I eagerly await you hitting Beach Blast 1992. It has to be the closest thing to an A. The first 3 matches are decent to good. The last 4 are top tier stuff, especially Rude/Steamboat. Blows my mind that Meltzer didn't give that 5 stars, but did give 5 for War Games that year, which wasn't much different than any other WG except with a lot of great talent.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that. Probably watched it on YouTube a few years back or something. You're talking it up so much I'm going to be let down and give it a C-. Way to go.

clarence-wonder-showzen.jpg

oIfvsho.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Gotta get my money's worth before they up the price and/or discontinue the service! >_>

I'm pretty sure I've seen that. Probably watched it on YouTube a few years back or something. You're talking it up so much I'm going to be let down and give it a C-. Way to go.

It's a great show. I think the over all quality of GAB 92 is more even and stronger, but BB92 has heights that GAB doesn't touch.

strobogo

Banned
No. Start "MMA > Video Games" or "Dark Souls is fucking lame and Gaming Side can suck my dick". But let Bean start the second one.

You know this summer season reminds me that I'm unreasonably annoyed that WWE never does any outdoor shows, especially for something like SummerSlam. WCW knew what was up. That ringside pool brought in ratings.

I'm gonna be on a plane tomorrow heading back to [REDACTED], and if it actually arrives on time I'll miss the entire first hour of Payback. Then when you factor in taxi time going back to my place, I'll probably miss the second hour as well.

Kinda sucks, though I guess I can see the 2nd hour on my phone assuming I still haven't reached my bandwidth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know this summer season reminds me that I'm unreasonably annoyed that WWE never does any outdoor shows, especially for something like SummerSlam. WCW knew what was up. That ringside pool brought in ratings.

Modern WWE roster isn't enough of party animals to make use of the atmosphere.

You could tell Nash was lit as soon as he showed up for those spring break shows.

I'm gonna be on a plane tomorrow heading back to [REDACTED], and if it actually arrives on time I'll miss the entire first hour of Payback. Then when you factor in taxi time going back to my place, I'll probably miss the second hour as well.

Kinda sucks, though I guess I can see the 2nd hour on my phone assuming I still haven't reached my bandwidth.
You should start a Yes Chant when your plane lands safely.

Vylash

Why would you go through so much trouble to see Payback of all things?

Save that bandwidth kiddo.

Vylash

Just watched the NXT post show, fucking loved Heyman "When you marry into the Hart family, do you have to be neutered before or after?"

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Watching Take Over right now. The Breeze/Zayn match was really entertaining, even with a couple of missed spots.

Bryan wasn't always that hardcore about it though. Then he met Yoko.
Lying on my back in the hospital,
Making sure my neck doesn't snap.

Hunter and Steph Mac said, "We need the belts back."
You know they didn't even give me a chance

Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna future endeavor me

You know what, Give Adam Rose a segment show ala Piper's Pit.

You add all his party animals in the ring or to the sides of the ring and have dudes cut promos on each other and then before the segment ends have Rose's partiers enter the ring and dance to play them out as the two dudes just stare at each other face to face as the people dance in the background.

I ain't gonna front, these Yoko comparisons are just too uncanny. I can't defend it at all.

Still trying to forget last year's Battleground. Actually, outside of Bryan/Orton (?), I already have.

I think that was one with the awesome Rhodes/Shields match. That was the lone highlight in that one.

Alucard

Banned
You know what, Give Adam Rose a segment show ala Piper's Pit.

You add all his party animals in the ring or to the sides of the ring and have dudes cut promos on each other and then before the segment ends have Rose's partiers enter the ring and dance to play them out as the two dudes just stare at each other face to face as the people dance in the background.

Sounds like it could work. Probably a better use of him than what they're doing now. Suggested names:

The Party Pit
Animal House
The Rose Garden

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lying on my back in the hospital,
Making sure my neck doesn't snap.

Hunter and Steph Mac said, "We need the belts back."
You know they didn't even give me a chance

Christ you know it ain't easy,
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're gonna future endeavor me

Okay, but now have Bryan petition for a championship shot at the next PPV in the tune of Dear Prudence.

John Lennon is a member of possibly the greatest and most influential band of all time.

Daniel Bryan is just some wrestler dude.

I find great offense in the comparison of the two.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
John Lennon is a member of possibly the greatest and most influential band of all time.

Daniel Bryan is just some wrestler dude.

I find great offense in the comparison of the two.

But he's from Kurt Cobain's hometown, who Rolling Stone said was the grunge John Lennon.........................

so there's that.

Top Bottom