• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Jtrizzy

is there a way to resize the window? I would play it this way but the 1080p window is giant on my monitor.

try changing your desktop native resolution...I bumped mine to 1440p and windowed mode works now at 60 fps. It does render the steam overlay/fraps in 1440, so it's smaller etc. gtx 580 to panasonic plasma via hdmi.

Performance wise it seems to be a flawless 60 for me so far with everything at max. I did have to force traditional v-sync through inspector though, adaptive was giving me tearing from time to time.

fresquito

I just want to confirm, is there any need to explore scenarios? Not that they¡re bigor open, but just wondering if I should wander about or just run to the next checkpoint.

Dave_6

3GB 7970
8 GB RAM

Seems to run it at 1080p60 no problem except for it is 'windowed' even though I have it set to full screen (playing on my 60" Pioneer plasma).

BadWolf

I don't really see this as a bad thing since it's your primary defensive maneuver. Combat revolves around the parry mechanic and a lot of enemies don't have hitstun. The risk mitigation is obviously to do the parry earlier rather than later, as you'll get a block instead... similar to Royal Guard and even less dangerous. The mechanic could be fine tuned, but I don't see it as broken.

Not saying its broken, just that that's the norm in PG games.

antitrop

I just want to confirm, is there any need to explore scenarios? Not that they¡re bigor open, but just wondering if I should wander about or just run to the next checkpoint.

I'm finding looking around to be a complete waste of time, as I mentioned on the last page.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Area sizes are tiny and linear, but there's hidden shit like data files, box men, health upgrades, VR mission unlocks, and so on.

Looks like you can find data files and vr missions. Don't really care since I used the code.

The code doesn't unlock the things that unlock when you collect the data files, and it doesn't unlock the VR missions you haven't found. The VR missions are mostly crap though. There are also men in boxes and health upgrades.

BadWolf

There is, it is especially important to find the blue item boxes. They contain items that permanently increase your health and power meter.

You also get a special weapon if you find all the men hiding in cardboard boxes.

There are also data storage items scattered throughout.

SOLDIER

Wish I knew about the HDMI issue before buying this game. On my TV the framerate is glacial, on my DVI monitor it's way faster.

Any fixes yet? Durante?

Revven

Reading antitrop's posts are making me want to double dipppp but I don't want to buy it for $30 ;_; (so that I can experience it alll again, all dat hype and amazingness).

Area sizes are tiny and linear, but there's hidden shit like data files, box men, health upgrades, VR mission unlocks, and so on.

also

235460_2014-01-09_000gfsc0.png

YES TOVARICH

Dario ff

Banned
Hey Kojima, your shadows aren't high enough resolution for me just yet!

Left (Highest Game Preset) | Right (Resolution Hack)
ibgn2423HaUU3.png

The game stores the shadow resolution value for the high preset on these addresses (EXE file):
  • 0x6224B2 - Shadowmap Render Rect Height
  • 0x6224B7 - Shadowmap Render Rect Width
  • 0x622AED - Shadowmap Texture Width
  • 0x622AF2 - Shadowmap Texture Height
Default resolution is 1536x1536 (wat).

Not sure how safe to use it is yet, but feel free to hex-edit the exe away. They might change on the next patch, but it should be easy to find them again. I went up to 4096 just fine. It uses about 4 Shadowmaps for LOD, so don't go overboard with it. Takes up a lot of VRAM.

joe2187

Banned
There's only one thing to blame for all the current issues with MGR's PC Launch.

It's something I like to call Six degrees of Skullgirls, basically if it was in any way associated with Skullgirls, something horrible is bound to happen.

Regiruler

The anti-aliasing makes the game unrunnable on my computer, but I can live without it.
Otherwise runs fine, unless I go completely overboard with blade mode.
GT 650m with an i7 for reference.

EDIT: Level zero is such shit. Feels so odd without the slowdown ability.
I was wondering if I was doing something wrong by sucking so hard against the metal gear. Nah, they just hadn't implemented a mechanic yet.

Blade Wolf
makes up for it though in Level 1.
Mistral
is a bit of a pain: I was only able to properly "disable" the boss once. I also felt like I cheated through it by using health packs.

Since both Raiden and the enemy is stunned, I'm assuming I'm just blocking the attacks instead of parrying them. Do I have to time it better?

If you have an AMD card and having one of the following problems with your TV/Monitor:
1. 1080i
2. Shrinking the screen
3. Playing at less than 24 fps

Download radeon pro and enable the following settings:
NhKbKYN.png

Make sure you hit apply now and when you start the game ALL of those problems should disappear.

this worked

This game is not available in Asia? I don't see it on the Steam page. Singapore here.

Unfortunately we were unable to clear for Singapore.

I live in Canada and the game still shows as unreleased and won't decrypt. Is anyone else in Canada playing this?

Canada should be available and running. May have to reinstall? Maybe check the integrity in profile first to see if that fixes it. (Disclaimer: I'm from the Marketing/Sales department, not the Customer Service one... =_=)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is anyone else having issues with the button prompts? They keep switching from mouse and keyboard to the 360 controller prompts, which is making it rather difficult to learn how to play. Most of the time it's just stuck on the M&KB prompts, which makes it almost impossible to get better since I just end up mashing. Any way to force it to stay with one setting?

Anteater

ibgn2423HaUU3.png

The game stores the shadow resolution value for the high preset on these addresses (EXE file):
  • 0x622522 (DEC 6432034) - Shadowmap Render Rect Height
  • 0x622527 (DEC 6432039) - Shadowmap Render Rect Width
  • 0x622B5D (DEC 6433629) - Shadowmap Texture Width
  • 0x622B62 (DEC 6433634) - Shadowmap Texture Height

Not sure how safe to use it is yet, but feel free to hex-edit the exe away. They might change on the next patch, but it should be easy to find them again. I went up to 4096 just fine. It uses about 4 Shadowmaps for LOD, so don't go overboard with it. Takes up a lot of VRAM.

Do you know if it's possible to hack and remove the grain filter? :O

jet1911

Played for an hour, everything on high except MSAA at 2X. Runs great on my GTX560. Haven't noticed any dips in framerates. The game is super fun! Makes me wanna buy W101 lol

Levito

Banned
People with Nvidia cards: What custom res are you using to get the game to work on your TVs?

Game works fine on my monitor, but I'm still having issues getting to work in full screen on my TV no matter what I do(custom res, 720p, doesn't matter)

images

• 0x622522 (DEC 6432034) - Shadowmap Render Rect Height
  • 0x622527 (DEC 6432039) - Shadowmap Render Rect Width
  • 0x622B5D (DEC 6433629) - Shadowmap Texture Width
  • 0x622B62 (DEC 6433634) - Shadowmap Texture Height

I really hope they add this as an ingame option. If it's just a value that can be tweaked, it couldn't be that hard.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cool, even higher resolution shadows. Now all we need are:

- 4K texture overhaul.
- HDAO+
- Bokeh DOF.
- Trippled particle complexity.
- Light source particles.
- Screen space reflections on metallic/wet surfaces.

Someone hack those in.

How is this optimized? The specs seem pretty high for a last gen title.

Would love to see Bayonetta, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, and Valkryie Profile come to Steam. If there's one place these games can have a second life is the Steam market. Hope MGSR is a experiment.

Jintor

Of course we will be evaluating other issues in order of severity when we can, however, this is the biggest and most discussed issue right now at large (thanks, Kotaku) and is our current focus.

Fair's fair, it's kinda important

I'm finding looking around to be a complete waste of time, as I mentioned on the last page.

Just come back later for them. There's collectibles and stuff but fuck that I WANNA SHOOT/SLICE DUDES

This game is the shit. Silky smooth in my poor South American config (i3 530, 560ti, 4gb ram).

Now I want Vanquish and Bayonetta ported too :(

Jtrizzy

People with Nvidia cards: What custom res are you using to get the game to work on your TVs?

Game works fine on my monitor, but I'm still having issues getting to work in full screen on my TV no matter what I do(custom res, 720p, doesn't matter)

2650x1440 but you need to change it in the desktop before you load the game. Set it to the 1080 max in the options obviously.

antitrop

So I just killed
Mistral

That fight just happened.

That whole thing just happened. Hold me, hold me tight, like this game has my balls. It's just not letting go, but it feels so good.

Nobody does fucking bosses like Platinum, this game wasn't made by men and women, it was made by gods.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Is there a fix to turn off the auto-centering camera crap?
I hated the always drifting back camera on PS3, not buying this unless there's a fix/mod

It has some kind of v-sync implementation that no one has bothered to figure out how to turn off yet.

I thought there might be something in the option menu, but there might not be a way to turn that off.

Gaddamn. :(
Hopefully someone will think of it and save me from avoiding this port, I do want to support Platinum but that's a big deal for me unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It feels odd playing on a 360 controller after playing via PS3 so much but I guess I can switch later if I want to.

Yeah, I use the DS3 with the Xinput wrapper because of the PS3 version.

I set it to Type-C (which is Type-A for PS3) because that's what I'm used to.

Konami needs to fix that offline issue. Connection dropped for a few minutes and the game completely exits and closes suddenly. Thought it crashed until I saw my connection wasn't there. :/

Mupod

So I just killed
Mistral

That fight just happened.

That whole thing just happened. Hold me, hold me tight, like this game has my balls. It's just not letting go, but it feels so good.

Nobody does fucking bosses like Platinum, this game wasn't made by men and women, it was made by gods.

if you think that was good I'm not sure you're going to survive the rest of the game.

gonna drop back in soon, can't sit around waiting for a 120hz patch. I was gonna just go straight into the DLC but hell the main game is still tons of fun.

Gvaz

Banned
The only Platinum game i've touched is Infinite Space. But I think they were the publisher or something.

I would suck a thousand dicks for a port of that or a way to download and play it on my 3ds.

Regiruler

How is this optimized? The specs seem pretty high for a last gen title.

Would love to see Bayonetta, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, and Valkryie Profile come to Steam. If there's one place these games can have a second life is the Steam market. Hope MGSR is a experiment.

Considering where the sequel is heading, Bayonetta on Wii U is a higher priority. Steam as well, but Wii U first.
The others, sure.

Levyne

Banned
Huh. Somehow I lost the black bars on my display.

Edit: And like an idiot I flip around the resolution and they're back.

dookeh

Between the tearing and the 50fps lock I'm better off replaying my PS3 version. Will wait until someone fixes this. Will probably be a 3d hack out by then as well...

Top Bottom