• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Fair's fair, it's kinda important

Indeed! People should know about it. People should let us know because it is an issue that we should absolutely fix. And when we screw up, we should be held accountable for our actions. All of those things can be done without accusing us of DRM, which is currently why I'm here after hours having to scrub our social media and answer questions.

Valnen

Of course we will be evaluating other issues in order of severity when we can, however, this is the biggest and most discussed issue right now at large (thanks, Kotaku) and is our current focus.

I think the game forcing me into 50hz at full screen is kind of important =/. Good luck with fixing all the problems though.

Konami needs to fix that offline issue. Connection dropped for a few minutes and the game completely exits and closes suddenly. Thought it crashed until I saw my connection wasn't there. :/

We're looking into it! It's currently our must fix and we have people in Japan right now working on it (our evening is their morning).

Anteater

Cool, even higher resolution shadows. Now all we need are:

- 4K texture overhaul.
- HDAO+
- Bokeh DOF.
- Trippled particle complexity.
- Light source particles.
- Screen space reflections on metallic/wet surfaces.

Someone hack those in.

someone enb this shit, let's go!

LiK

Between the tearing and the 50fps lock I'm better off replaying my PS3 version. Will wait until someone fixes this. Will probably be a 3d hack out by then as well...

i didn't notice tearing compared to PS3 version. maybe it's less noticeable to me on PC.

SOLDIER

Does RadeonPro not work with Nvidia drivers? I tried downloading it but it keeps crashing for me.

Also how are people implementing 2650x1440? It doesn't show up in the graphics option but I've used it in other games.

Either way my priority is to try and fix the HDMI framerate issue.

Zeliard

I missed that Platinum fluidity. Game's combat feels so nice. I've been messing around with the combo list and all of it looks great and feels ultra-responsive to pull off.

jett

D-Member
Hey bruh, Sam plays great. The DLC environments were a disappointment, but it's worth it to use his charge moves and stuff.

Meeeh. I'd rather play the normal Raiden campaign a hundred times over. I can forgive the recycling of environments, but Sam's gameplay just didn't grab me, personally.

antitrop

It's kind of hard to tell in this game when you're good to quit. I need to get some dinner, but I'm not sure if it just saved or not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Reading antitrop's posts are making me want to double dipppp but I don't want to buy it for $30 ;_; (so that I can experience it alll again, all dat hype and amazingness).

Should've pre-ordered when it was $20, son!

(Konami did that right. Just wish that was the pre-order price. Would've probably made boatloads of money and possibly beaten DayZ in the Winter sale?)

Tora: Give props to Konami for doing this. Also relay they NEED to get a PC division like Sega up and porting their console titles/optimizing them.
And get Igavania's on Steam, plz

Gvaz

Banned
Cool, even higher resolution shadows. Now all we need are:

- 4K texture overhaul.
- HDAO+
- Bokeh DOF.
- Trippled particle complexity.
- Light source particles.
- Screen space reflections on metallic/wet surfaces.

Someone hack those in.

Still haven't officially gotten higher resolution though.

TBH nothing here will be fixed like this because no one is going to go "i don't want to code this shit, game has been "done" for months"

even though if the code was a little less locked down it'd be fixed in a week by people online for free

I missed that Platinum fluidity. Game's combat feels so nice. I've been messing around with the combo list and all of it looks great and feels ultra-responsive to pull off.

It must be responsive. If you play on revengeance difficulty, the parry window is so short... it's crazy.

Gbraga

Does RadeonPro not work with Nvidia drivers? I tried downloading it but it keeps crashing for me.

I don't think it does, they're rivals after all.

You can fix the refresh rate issue by setting a custom resolution using Nvidia Control Panel and setting that as your desktop resolution before you launch the game.

1920x1079, 2560x1440, 2880x1620, 3200x1800, probably any resolution that only gives you 60hz will do.

The problem is that the game has 1080p but it doesn't let you choose the refresh rate manually, and for some weird reason it just picks the lowest.

Crytek games do the same, but it's much easier to fix there, you just have to alt enter twice (or reset vsync) and it's back to 60.

EDIT: About your edit, the game won't list 1440p, you have to set that as your desktop res and set the game at 1080p fullscreen, it will then run at 60hz

Ok i had the problems with the black bars as-well,until i plugged my hdmi cable in a hdmi to dvi adpter. Now everything runs great fullscreen 1080p.

2x 6870
8 GB
Monitor: Acer H233H.

If you have an AMD card and having one of the following problems with your TV/Monitor:
1. 1080i
2. Shrinking the screen
3. Playing at less than 24 fps

Download radeon pro and enable the following settings:
NhKbKYN.png

Make sure you hit apply now and when you start the game ALL of those problems should disappear.

It worked flawlessly, but how do I get it to stop showing the framerate?

TheSeks

I didn't want to take the chances in my laptop being unable to run it but it sounds like it probably can. I am super regretting not just taking the chance right now, for sure lol.

Let me reword that: You should've bought it when it $20 anyway, son. No excuses. Save it for a rainy day when you upgrade your laptop/build a rig/whatever. It's Steam. You get to download it later!

antitrop

The more I'm playing this, the more I'm feeling the game didn't get enough attention from the press last year. I certainly read tons of love for it all over GAF last year, but it just didn't splash with the professionals like I think it should have.

They just don't get Platinum, man. It's been like this since the Clover days.

I think it's time... TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND

Just so people know, make sure to practise "aiming" in blade mode, and know that you can walk around while using it if you enter it while on the ground

It pretty much saves at any checkpoint or after an encounter so you're good to leave after that.

If you're going to all S-ranks, it's important to quit before reaching one of these checkpoints if you messed up somewhere. Rotate through multiple save files for it

TheSeks

It pretty much saves at any checkpoint or after an encounter so you're good to leave after that.

Anytime the triangle save-icon appears is when it saves your last checkpoint.

Thank you for the reply. But what does this mean? Is it just a delay or will the game not be coming to PC for Singapore?

Means they aren't licensed/able to sell it/cleared for Singapore. You can get the game if you buy it from another region and do trickery, but note this may get you banned since you're kinda circumventing Steam TOS to do it. JaseC has information on that.

Evo X

WOW, just checked my PM's and looks like I was one of the winners of Jeo's very generous giveaway!

He is SO awesome!

I never got around to playing it on console, but will definitely be playing it on my PC. Time to clear up some space on my SSD!

antitrop

I kind of figured that I would get sick of the Zandatsu animation after like the 100th time, but instead it only keeps getting me more pumped. I find myself laying the controller in my lap during the animation and making the crushing motion along with it.

This game loves me and I love it back.

The more I'm playing this, the more I'm feeling the game didn't get enough attention from the press last year. I certainly read tons of love for it all over GAF last year, but it just didn't splash with the professionals like I think it should have.

Too many mechanics, not enough tears.

One day, a super advanced race of space travelers will make landfall on a nuclear wasteland formerly known as Earf. They'll recover Platinum's games, and wonder if these were the pinnacle of human entertainment. We aren't worthy.

grimmiq

Was concerned Hard would be too difficult to start with, but obliterated Blade Wolf and Mistral on Normal..going to restart. Finished Marlow Briggs and Lords of Shadow back to back, controls are taking a little getting used to. Did manage the What Doesn't Kill You.. achiev in R-01 though.

Revven

I think it's time... TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIND

It was definitely a mixed bag in the review circles or whatever. And the reviews themselves were extremely baffling at times -- to the point where I recall multiple reviews stating there's no dodge in the game (and this is because you have to unlock it and it has an obscure name) but even so when you review a game as "short" as MGR you'd think you would unlock and try everything before doing a review.

But again... it's game reviews... from the people who hype up CoD and BF news all year long, what do I honestly expect?

The soundtrack got a lot of praise yet it didn't win any soundtrack of the year awards lol. Simply baffling.

Now that I've got the game actually running at 1080p, check out the max settings versus the lowest settings.

Mu1DqTu.png

I had a solid 60fps on the lowest settings. However I get a pretty good 55+ at max, never dropping below 35 even when shit gets crazy.

Dario ff

Banned
Summing up the issues with this whole display option problem.

The config file is just a binary file with a bunch of indices. The resolution picked is just an index to the resolutions detected on the current display. The most fun part about that is that sometimes the game will generate completely invalid indices and will make the game instantly crash on boot, which I could only fix by letting it generate the corrupt file, and hex-editting the config file back to 0s again. There was no way to fix this without doing that.

Even better? When switching around displays due to how this whole resolution index thing works, the game won't even boot sometimes, forcing you to either hex-edit manually or delete and pray that it doesn't generate invalid files again.

The last offender is that the refresh rates are just not selectable ingame, and therefore default to the first available display mode found in the monitor (hence why all the 50 and 24 fps issues).

Fixing all of these should be fairly obvious by going for the proper standard. They should go for a text-based format for configuration like most PC games do to allow easy editing. The display detection is gonna need an overhaul tho, as Durante described, it's all kinds of weird.

The rest of the port is pretty solid, but I believe this should be the focus after the whole Singleplayer bug is fixed because the entire "Resolution Cap" thing spawned a lot more of issues than there should be regarding resolution detection.

This game is just awesome, I'm terrible at parrying/everything, but it's just so much fun, and the soundtrack is awesome. I love how in the opening fight, Raiden catches a Metal Gear Ray and just throws it like it's nothing. Just brilliant.

I kind of figured that I would get sick of the Zandatsu animation after like the 100th time, but instead it only keeps getting me more pumped. I find myself laying the controller in my lap during the animation and making the crushing motion along with it.

This game loves me and I love it back.

Yep! Also it's hard not to just point at everything now and say "IT'S TIME TO LET 'ER RIP"

zhorkat

Played the first chapter and a bit of the beginning of the second. This game is awesome. It's too bad that I'm really stupid and keep doing dumb things like trying to parry by using both sticks together.

Top Bottom