• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light is $0.01 At Best Buy, possible pricing error.

BLunted

Banned
I don't think we disagree. I assume your "fuck 'em" wasn't in reference to the web people that will certainly be for this, right?

As my post said, "fuck 'em" was in regards to best buy. To me best buy is best buy. They fucked me on a laptop, so I wont shed a tear for them, web team or otherwise.

Honestly, I said "agree to disagree" because I didn't want to get all pricky and argue about it, but I see you are going to have none of that...

I'm off to bed.

shoes

Neo Member
Order processed, now on to fulfilling it. I do not have much hope, but really... one cent? That you'll get back? Worth the shot anyway.

Eusis

How can they cancel redeemed codes?
If they actually know where to go, it'd probably mean getting Steam to revoke them.

It's why I'm waiting, I want to make sure nothing weird happens there, and if not I'll redeem as I don't really want to be banned or whatever.

The Best Buy Facebook page is hilarious right now. People are complaining about their cancelled orders and the Best Buy Facebook monkeys are frantically trying to calm people down and apologize. Then there's this dude:

4jpeXQ2.jpg

CedarFever

Neo Member
I thought about trying this for a second -- very tempting. But its obviously a pricing error and, if there's a chance this would take money away from the developers, I'm not going to bite. I'll wait for it to show up in a Steam sale (hurray for Summer!). I'll probably end up paying less than $10, but I know some of that will go to 4A Games and Deep Silver.

AlexBasch

Hope someone is kind enough to gift some codes. :)

I had like 0.98c in my card, so I can't gift anything from the Steam store for tonight. :p
And yep, sold out online. Should have left the missus to go shopping on her own, I left GAF around 8:15pm. ):

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I got my code about 15 minutes after ordering (and I only ordered one) and gave it to a fellow gaffer for free because I am a kind and loving person.

(and after realizing the fact my old beat up laptop from 2008 can't actually run it).

You're welcome firehawk!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, people on the Best Buy fb page are insane.

"If my order is cancelled I'm fighting you tooth and nail."

Dr.Acula

Banned
Damn living in Canada :(

International Orders

If you have a non-US billing address, you have two options when placing an order on BestBuy.com:
1. Have your order shipped to a US mailing address. This includes states within the United States, the US Virgin Islands, Guam, and APO/FPO (military) addresses.
2.Pick up your order at any US store. You can also designate someone else to pick up your order in the United States.

To complete your online purchase:

During checkout, in place of your non-US billing address, use this exact billing address:

10780 Kempwood Dr.
Houston, TX 77043

Worked (awaiting confirmation?) for me!

malfcn

Gaben?
And this shit pisses me off when people start threatening for a price mistake.
It's not the same as in a physical store where they can instantly fix it because someone immediately knows.

Lets get some attorneys and start a class action lawsuit! Even if we get next to nothing in the end Bestbuy will be stuck footing a huge legal bill!

What an idiot. Next to nothing, it was a penny!

I honestly don't see how people are so disgruntled, acting as if best buy owes them the world because of this. I mean, it even says on their website that they are entitled to cancel orders due to pricing errors.

Downhome

Just got this email from Best Buy, made me laugh...

Dear Brent,

BestBuy.com just sent you a full refund of $0.01 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact BestBuy.com.

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

Ultimadrago

I got my code about 15 minutes after ordering (and I only ordered one) and gave it to a fellow gaffer for free because I am a kind and loving person.

(and after realizing the fact my old beat up laptop from 2008 can't actually run it).

You're welcome firehawk!

You're too cool, darkside.

Papytendo

Are you guys really getting this mad over a penny error at best buy?

I mean really?

You act like they fired you, threw you into a volcano, took you out of the volcano, and then gave you a bath in lemon juice.

You shouldn't have had high hopes of this working, and you only have yourself to blame for those hopes failing.

Sorry, but damn.

Ecto311

I love the entitlement in these situations. Reminds me of the $4 sleeping dogs last time. I also dont get why bestbuy would give 2 shits. Just send out the codes and stop the sale. It's not like there is a warehouse of games missing and no one can get to them. Its a digital code that can be made all day. Considering that the bulk of the people who got this deal (me included - worked just fine for me) won't even play this game who gives a shit if you give out codes? I'm sure there will be some overpriced DLC for this game that could redeem this error and bring in people who would have never got it.

Top Bottom