• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni is $20 at Best Buy

BUY THIS NOW!

It's essentially the closet thing to classic JRPG gold since.....well it made me feel like i was playing Earthbound, made me feel like a kid again :)

One of my personal GOTY contenders. I cannot recommend this game enough.

PRAISE BE GHIBLI!

Booshka

Does the mid game drag really hard like I have heard? I haven't played a JRPG in years and Ni No Kuni strangely piqued my interest. I don't think I can handle grinding for hours through it though if it is not a consistently paced game.

20 bucks is tempting though.

I got around 6 hours in and lost interest in it, it starts off so easy and slow. I've heard it gets much better, though. If anyone's interested in it, I still say it's worth a shot at that price.

Also, Need for Speed: Most Wanted is $15 at BestBuy at the moment. I don't recall it ever being lower. I'm kind of tempted to get it.

HORRORSHØW

Does the mid game drag really hard like I have heard? I haven't played a JRPG in years and Ni No Kuni strangely piqued my interest. I don't think I can handle grinding for hours through it though if it is not a consistently paced game.

20 bucks is tempting though.
You don't have to go out of your way to grind, unless you want to of course. The game isn't particularly difficult, depending on which monsters you capture and raise/use. The story's charming, if a little clichéd and simple, but it's a good buy at $20 bucks.

I just dove back into Xenoblade too and still have 40 hours in that. Still, my girlfriend is a Ghibli fan, but has no exposure to games. I thought this might draw her in even just watching it. I may pick it up at this price. Not too concerned about getting it any cheaper.

cafemomo

Very tempting to get.

I don't know if I should though. I love me a good JRPG, but I don't want my backlog to increase.

Loved this game but I wish you assigned actions to face buttons instead of being menu driven. The challenge stems more from being able to navigate to "Defend" than actual decision making in combat.

Synless

Bought, I was going to get it at $30 (which it has been) but held off due to Tales of Xillia being so close. At $20, I can't resist that price.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Thanks! Been waiting for this one to come down. Had a $5 RZ certificate, so ended up being $16.xx after tax. Not bad at all.

Shin

Banned
That's dirt cheap, I envy US players sometime :p
Bought the game some months ago but have yet to play it, girlfriend played it through infront of me -_-

Good looking game and anyone who's into JRPG's should try it!

I wish the combat in this game wasn't absolute shit, because it is gorgeous.

I'd recommend Crimson Shroud, another Level-5 RPG, over this.

Edit: Although support for JRPGs in the US is always good!

Fucking Best Buy. I thought "perfect opportunity to finally spend all those Reward Zone certificates I've been too lazy to print out!"

Nope. They're all expired.

Still got the game, though. I've been meaning to get it for a long time, and would've gotten it at release had I thought I'd have the time to play it.

kierwynn

Thanks OP! Just bought it! I've been meaning to pick this up, but kept putting it off. Absolutely no excuse not to snag it for $20!

Everybody get this! It's not quite the "savior of JRPGs" some were hoping for and I'm not real fond of the combat but it's still a pretty great game. The graphics/art are stunning and I love that it has a classic style RPG overworld that's sadly fallen out of favor the last several years. One review I saw called it "RPG comfort food" and I'd say that's about right. My #4 game of the year so far.

Rad-

I found it quite boring. It's a nice looking game though. Probably the best thing in the game is the inventory item art. Maybe the best out of any jRPG.

Top Bottom