• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light is $0.01 At Best Buy, possible pricing error.

Xyber

Got an extra key from last night, and am selling it for $39.98, 1 cent cheaper than steam. PM me.

Haha wow, I really hope you're not serious with that.

10-15 bucks for a key you got for free, sure, that's reasonable. But why should anyone get it from you and not give the money to the developer if your're just gonna charge the same.

I would've given it away to someone if I managed to get 2 keys for free.

FaintDeftone

I spent a good half hour reading Best Buy's Facebook page. People are flipping their shit over there. A lot of the comments are absolutely hilarious. Best Buy is getting hardcore trolled right now.

Seriously though, it's a penny folks. Chill. I'm shocked I even got a key.

A rep on BB's FB page stated that they're working on trying to get the Steam keys revoked from Steam accounts. Interesting that they're taking that direction...

Xyrmellon

Well they have 3 options:

1. Give everyone a key that ordered before it was taken offline
2. Revoke all the keys that were given out since it went live.
3. Status quo; those that were quick on the draw make out, the rest get their orders cancelled (like me).

Only option 1 makes everyone happy, but business-wise makes no sense.

They're in a difficult position.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I spent a good half hour reading Best Buy's Facebook page. People are flipping their shit over there. A lot of the comments are absolutely hilarious. Best Buy is getting hardcore trolled right now.

A rep on BB's FB page stated that they're working on trying to get the Steam keys revoked from Steam accounts. Interesting that they're taking that direction...

I'm not surprised but it's a dick move.

My order still says it is in progress. It's been a whole night. :/

I hope I get a key, it will help with the annoyance of them cancelling the game on Wii U.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Well they have 3 options:

1. Give everyone a key that ordered before it was taken offline
2. Revoke all the keys that were given out since it went live.
3. Status quo; those that were quick on the draw make out, the rest get their orders cancelled (like me).

Only option 1 makes everyone happy, but business-wise makes no sense.

They're in a difficult position.

3 is the right choice.

Got an extra key from last night, and am selling it for $39.98, 1 cent cheaper than steam. PM me.
You stole my idea. D:

It was sold out moments after it went up lol

I was doing it for like half an hour.

They can't really take the keys the back after they're used :\ thats like forcing a customer to return their items they fully paid for and used. . . . Right?

It's really not like that though.

But its a used key. . . .
oMJGSI8.png

I still have one left saying In progress. how is this possible lol. It was my 3rd order out of 4 too lol. My first 2 got cancelled so i doubt this will go through still

abrack08

Hmm I got the code, already redeemed it on the NVIDIA website (ordered ~8:30 Central last night, got the code 15 minutes later), haven't used the steam code though. Wonder if it's in danger of being revoked. Haven't decided if I wanna use it (and wait until I get a PC that can actually run it) or give it to a friend.

Hmm I got the code, already redeemed it on the NVIDIA website (ordered ~8:30 Central last night, got the code 15 minutes later), haven't used the steam code though. Wonder if it's in danger of being revoked. Haven't decided if I wanna use it (and wait until I get a PC that can actually run it) or give it to a friend.
Give it to me please.

Bullza2o

Yup got mine cancelled to, finally. Didn't really expect it to go through even from the start.

Heck I didn't even know what the game was about.

Top Bottom