• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni is $20 at Best Buy

Damn, still waiting for it to hit that price in Europe, but now with ToX about to release that's all I'll be able to handle for now anyway.

mcfrank

Tempted by this, but I know I will not have time to play it anytime soon. Too much other backlog to go through before next gen.

Paskil

While the game definitely has some shortcomings, it was still a great experience and I'm glad I played all the way to platinum.

Anyone that enjoys RPG's should play this at least once to completion.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Sadly, unless I plunk down another $200+ I will never be able to play the copy I own. My PS3 Bluray drive was destroyed by my son and now I have a backlog of disc-based games still in their wrapping.

Same. I'm not sure what to do as I really want to play a few others. Mine is a slim too, so it died prematurely. Still more than a year.

Second drive that has died on me. DVDs still work oddly enough. Blu-Ray movies and games do not.

I really want to play this though, but I won't buy another system. I know someone that had luck using an air compressor and blowing inside the disc slot...so i may try that as a last ditch effort.

Rising_Hei

The only thing that i hate about this game is that is so damn slow... everything takes time and it treats you as if you were stupid (ala Zelda SS)

Other than that, lovely game from what i've played yet

Begaria

That's a steal of a deal for this great JRPG. I bought it day one, played the ever living crap out of it (about 78 hours), completed it and the post game. Fantastic from start to finish. That's not say there aren't any problems with it, mainly the combat has some issues (which can be gotten around with some planning), but it's an incredible game.

Wensih

The only truly amazing thing about this game is the artistic design.

My complaints with the game were:
-Pacing -- I don't get fast travel until 25 hours?
-Battle System -- Fumbling through commands to get to the defend button is not fun
-Sidequests -- all of them are fetch quests
-Underuse of Voice Acting -- I didn't expect to have 2 minutes of voice acting for every hour of text dialogue
-Handholding -- You can turn off the objective marker, but you cannot turn off Drippy incessant dialogue, telling you exactly what you need to do whenever you talk to a NPC who gives a quest even if you've already heard his schtick 20 times before.

Very pretty game though and the music is cool. Story is alright if not a tad simplistic. I don't really thinking it's deserving of all the praise it gets.

teiresias

How much emphasis is put on monster hunting/recruiting and building a monster repository? I'd read that was a big part of the game and since that kind of things isn't really my favorite mechanic in any game I'd not really thought to give this game the time of day.

Bought my copy yesterday. There were 3 copies left on the store....well 2 now
KuGsj.gif

If people don't buy it at this price...I mean *throws hands in the air*

I paid for it in full a year ago for the LE and STILL HAVE NOT PLAYED IT -_-;

However, supporting awesome niche efforts is a good way to get more of these kinds of games released over here. Seems like Namco is trying by localizing games again :)

I wish this was on Vita, I don't own a PS3 :(

You know, I could see this game getting an re-packaged PS4 release. At least then (if you happen to get a PS4) you'd have remote play on your Vita? I agree though, I think NNK would've translated well onto the Vita.

Deku Tree

Was it available online yesterday?
Did I miss it?

The web site link says in store only. And all stores near and far from me say "UNAVAILABLE".

I bought it direct from Namco for close to this price a while ago, still haven't played it yet...

Was it available online yesterday?
Did I miss it?

The web site link says in store only. And all stores near and far from me say "UNAVAILABLE".

I bought it direct from Namco for close to this price a while ago, still haven't played it yet...

Oh if they have less than 3 copies in stock it won't show that it is in stock online. You have to call the best buy and they can see what stores have stock.

That's what I did to get ahold of Kirby's Dream Collection last weekend.

For people who know, in terms of being as good as something else, which is closest:

Eternal Sonata
Infinite Undiscovery
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Lost Odyssey

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
been playing this the last few days. it's true...started off very slow, but starting to get more enjoyable. this is coming from someone who never plays rpg's.

Raven77

Its a great game but I really struggle with the battle system for some reason. Never got a good grasp on how to be super effective during a fight.

- Gorgeous graphics
- Great character design
- If you love Miyazaki, no doubt, get this game
- Very charming and a good simple story
- Exploration does seem to be rewarded

Top Bottom