• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy: $20 PSN Card + 3months PS+ for $28

Minions

Good deal if you plan to take advantage of the PSN sales coming up. Use the 3 months of plus (to further reduce the sale prices from the already discounted prices) then the $20 PSN credit to pick up tons of games.

Is it possible to buy this online and pay via credit card? I have seen that there is possibility as non-US citizen, but will they send me the code to my email address then or do they only send the cards in plastic?

I kinda want this, but I know if I get that $20 psn card I'm just going to buy Motorbike. Also, my plus isn't up for another year so I should probably pass..

netBuff

too bad it doesn't ship outside of US. Anyone want to buy a few extra and resell it to me?

I really don't understand why they insist on shipping these codes out by mail: Seems like a huge waste for an essentially worthless piece of cardboard when the code is all that is of interest.

jwk94

Why aren't best buy offering PSN Codes like Amazon.

Seems the most ideal way.

I really don't understand why they insist on shipping these codes out by mail: Seems like a huge waste for an essentially worthless piece of cardboard when the code is all that is of interest.
They used to just give you a code. I'm not sure what happened for them to just stop though.

Ephemeris

Good deal. Wish I didn't buy a bunch of PSN stuff just now, but I'm sure there will be more sales on the horizon.

joeblow

If you plan to spend, say, $80 over the next year with PS4/PS3/Vita purchases, you might consider paying for four of these combo deals. That way you only pay $10 for a full year of PS+ while the $80 goes towards stuff you would have purchased anyway (one launch retail game is $60 after all).

Edit: nevermind, my math is messed up (four 3-months of PS+ is more than 1 full year price). With four purchases of this promo, you save $18 off the normal $50 cost of a full year of PS+.

joeblow

Heh, after thinking it over, this deal caused me to cancel my PS4/annual PS+ pass/KZ:SF launch day promo bundle with Amazon.

As everyone knows, that Amazon deal saves you $10 off the cost if the three items were sold separately. Since I already have a naked launch PS4 pre-ordered as well, I can now purchase KZ:SF digitally for $60 on that machine and I still have a year of PS+ for $32 with $20 left over in my PSN account.

On paper, the switch saves me another $8 ($18 total savings), but in reality I save even more money because I live in California where KZ:SF and the PS4 was taxed up the wazoo in the bundle... going digital saves me another $5.40 as a result for a total savings of $13.40 over the Amazon bundle, and $23.40 in savings overall off normal retail prices+tax. Not bad.

Ran rp

Store Pickup only? No shipping?

wtzgU.gif
Oh well.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
for those bad at maths, this is cheaper than the best (that I've seen) PSN promos. Best ones I've seen are $40 for a year, or $10 credit with a year purchase.

This would come out to $32 for a year.. of course locking up an additional $80 in PSN credit.

I'm using this for the Summer Sale this week and next week.. probably just one (hey, 3 months is 3 months!!!)

I'm wondering this also, I would ship it to my buddy in Boston and then just have him e-mail me the code

no.. US and Canada are not interchangeable. :(

Hmm, considering that I plan on going fully digital on PS4 this is a pretty damn good deal. it works out to $32 for a year of PS+. I've never seen it that cheap.

In for 4 or 5.

Hmm I'm thinking about buying 4 of these bundles. Has Sony said anything about having all PS4 games being day 1 digital?

Top Bottom