• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light is $0.01 At Best Buy, possible pricing error.

Eusis

How about they grow up and honor their orders? It's not my fault their system fucked them. They are the ones who should man up and take responsibility.
If you get your cent back it doesn't really matter: you took a (very conservative) gamble, and lost. There's bigger things to worry about than this, even something as mundane as "I wonder what I should have for dinner?"

Storm360

So does everyone just have the "Order line status is not available" message when you check the online status through the confirmation email link?

Also, WTF is "order line status?"

I had this and now I have Order Status: 1 item(s) created, no key so I don't know what that means

Codeblue

I chated with customer care and looks like I'm getting mine I think...in 8 hours...maybe

ivRL2WOkfEYOP.gif

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Buying the wrong brand from the wrong store, refusing to click the link, asking you to wait 8 hours. All of it is gold.

I haven't heard back on my 1 cent deal yet. I am outraged!

I walked past a 5 cent piece on the ground yesterday and didn't even bother to pick it up. But still, this is just straight up robbery!

Yeah, I wish Best Buy was a huge company that could have the capability of monitoring this stuff.

No one is saying "Best Buy shouldn't honor any of them!" indeed a lot already got through... imo cut your losses there.

That said, as a business they have every legal right to defend themselves after making such huge costly mistakes. If that really bothers you, don't buy from them in the future ;)

malfcn

Nobody got robbed, it was a penny!

The people whining about them sending those codes think they are a part of a few hundred (and not the tens of thousands) and don't understand the back end damage this would cost. Probably more than the "I won't shop there anymore" threats - especially when that person shops there again because they forgot about it.

HEY GUY, ITS NOT THAT BAD!!! AT LEAST WE GET OUR PENNY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A PENNY IS WORTH IN EHTIOPIA???????

Hahaha.

Korezo

It wasn't a sale you dolt.

Are you really telling a corporation they should "man up"?

And hey, too bad bud.

They made a mistake, they're rectifying it and are completely within their rights to do so.

Go sign the PRO DRM Xbox one petition.... Who cares about best buy.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The fuck is wrong with you? Why are you so aggressive in defending best buy? Using terms like "bud" and "dolt", I don't see any reason for hostility here.

I'm not aggressive in defending best buy. You're acting like an entitled twat.

Yeah, I wish Best Buy was a huge company that could have the capability of monitoring this stuff.

They do, and they did. That's why people aren't getting it anymore.

I'm not aggressive in defending best buy. You're acting like an entitled twat.

They do, and they did. That's why people aren't getting it anymore.

Ok, people aren't getting it anymore. What about the ones that already ordered? Why exactly did some people receive their copies and others didn't? I've never heard of legitimate business policies allowing a company to send products to some consumers but not others when they were all paying customers.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Ok, people aren't getting it anymore. What about the ones that already ordered? Why exactly did some people receive their copies and others didn't? I've never heard of legitimate business policies allowing a company to send products to some consumers but not others when they were all paying customers.

Just give it up duder

Eusis

There was probably an unofficial cut off time, basically whenever they realized their mistake and started halting in progress orders.

Or maybe they genuinely ran out of keys by the time they noticed, couldn't see nVidia giving them more than a few thousand.

This happens fairly often when it comes to pricing errors on online stores. No one should've been given a code for 1 cent but some people got in before Best Buy realized there was an error. You can't expect a company to continue honoring this obvious price error just because some people got away with it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

The ones that already ordered shouldn't have been able to, nor should the people who did receive copies.

Regardless of if you ordered and received a copy or didn't receive a copy, you should not have received a copy because you obtained it as a result of exploiting an error.

If you were able to exploit it and make it out scott free with a penny game on the other side then hey, congrats to you for it if you feel comfortable doing that. But to pretend that people are OWED anything from this is absolutely ridiculous.

Not making the mistake would have been better. And lol at the counter argument being that everyone just wants their one cent back. I'm sure.

Not making mistakes would have been better. But they did make a mistake, and now they're doing damage control. It's really as simple as that.

Ecto311

This happens fairly often when it comes to pricing errors on online stores. No one should've been given a code for 1 cent but some people got in before Best Buy realized there was an error. You can't expect a company to continue honoring this obvious price error just because some people got away with it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Legal-&...4400050067.c?id=pcmcat204400050067#use_errors

Shows: Errors on Our Site
Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.

MormaPope

Banned
Looks like Bestbuy beats Valve at Summer Sales.

Origin summer sale>>>>>>Best Buy summer sale>>>>>>Steam summer sale

Valve is starting to get competition.

~Kinggi~

Banned

That origin sale.....good god......i didnt get much sleep that night, but i did get like 35 games for 0.00$

legacyzero

Banned
As a progressive consumer I expect the most from my online retailers. On July 11, 2013 Best Buy has a splendid deal to purchase Metro: Last Light for 1¢. This price is already far beyond what most are capable of spending in our current economy, but for the love of gaming most of the community jumped at the offer. It was only after a certain time that Best Buy decided that only some people were allowed to partake in this offer and that is not fair. This petition is for those whom spent their hard-earned money, time and effort to purchase this title. I expect more from Best Buy and so should you.
BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You're really being unnecessarily hostile. You should cut it out with the name calling.

I honestly don't think I've pushed it that far. That last one with the point going over his head was meant more to be a joke post than anything. The most vile thing I've said is probably dolt?

Bullza2o

Haha I remember that Origin sale where I got like 8 free games. I never really got into them except RA3.

I bought one code around 9:10pm CDT, got a confirmation that it's processing and my card was charged, and no cancellation email...yet.

MormaPope

Banned
That origin sale.....good god......i didnt get much sleep that night, but i did get like 35 games for 0.00$

I also didn't sleep, got around 12 or 13 games. Only game that has limited installs is Dead Space 2 I believe, so when I want to I can play a varied amount of EA games.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I also didn't sleep, got around 12 or 13 games. Only game that has limited installs is Dead Space 2 I believe, so when I want to I can play a varied amount of EA games.

The only thing stopping me from getting everything was the EA site constantly crashing.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Legal-&...4400050067.c?id=pcmcat204400050067#use_errors

Shows: Errors on Our Site
Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy.

Well, can't argue with that. I still have faith until I actually get a cancellation email though.

Codeblue

The holy grail of pricing errors. That was an incredible night if only because the code kept breaking and people kept finding work arounds.

Eusis

By the way, has it been confirmed that people who got their codes are in the clear, or will they seek to deactivate those?

Top Bottom