• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Flynn seems to have violated Logan Act (Trump National Security Advisor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Steele memos:

XXKR2iM.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...und-buy-russia-s-rosneft-stake-for-11-billion

Russia sells 19.5 stake in Rosneft.

Holy crap! Good for Donald that he says he doesn't know Carter Page ;)

Mully

Apparently the dead guy I posted about was the chief of staff to the guy that met the Trump advisor here.

As much as I want to believe this, this rhetoric sounds eerily similar to the right wing supporters of the supposed Clinton email scandal and Benghazi nothingness.

Let's hold off on the conspiracy theories for a bit; especially the ones that sound exactly like the Clinton assassination conspiracies.

BowieZ

Banned
Jesus Christ. Not only that...

Russia's Ambassador to Turkey Andrey Karlov was assassinated in Ankara on Dec. 19. Another Russian diplomat, Petr Polshikov, was also found dead in his apartment in Moscow the same day. Yves Chandelon, the chief auditor of NATO relating to terrorism financing and money laundering, was also found dead in his car on Dec. 16 in an incident that has also raised suspicions.

I wonder what would've happened if Hillary's emails contained anything close to what has bubbled up in Trump's camp the last few weeks.

I wonder what would've happened if Hillary's emails contained anything close to what has bubbled up in Trump's camp the last few weeks.

Republicans calling treason, she would have been arrested, and they would want death penalty. They would be yelling non stop about it.

RDreamer

So to summarize:

Dossier says Rosneft wants sanctions lifted so bad it would give up to 19% of its business to Page/Trump. This is from October. In December Rosneft privatizes and sells 19.5% to Glencore and Qatar, both of which had been advised by Guilliani's law firm. After the sale Page meets with Rosneft in Moscow. Qatar announces they'll spend $10 billion in infrastructure in the US in response to Trump 6 days after the sale. Then a former FSB agent and Igor Sechin's chief of staff is found dead in late December. (Igor Sechin is a blacklisted chairman of Rosneft and former KGB)

Meanwhile, Tillerson, Trump's pick for secretary of state curated a very close relationship between himself and Sechin plus ExxonMobil and Rosneft.

That's just a lot of coincidences.

Davide

So to summarize:

Dossier says Rosneft wants sanctions lifted so bad it would give up to 19% of its business to Page/Trump. This is from October. In December Rosneft privatizes and sells 19.5% to Glencore and Qatar, both of which had been advised by Guilliani's law firm. After the sale Page meets with Rosneft in Moscow. Qatar announces they'll spend $10 billion in infrastructure in the US in response to Trump 6 days after the sale. Then a former FSB agent and Igor Sechin's chief of staff is found dead in late December. (Igor Sechin is a blacklisted chairman of Rosneft and former KGB)

Meanwhile, Tillerson, Trump's pick for secretary of state curated a very close relationship between himself and Sechin plus ExxonMobil and Rosneft.

Could this alone take him down?

I frequently butted heads with my conspiracy-loving friend (JFK, 9/11, etc), who was also a big Sanders guy and dabbled in The Emailz (but voted for her, not that nuts.) I'm apprehensive about coming off like that too, but this whole thing is not quite hidden, is it? When put in a graph it looks crazy, but the parties involved are barely denying it, and their stories aren't straight. The grid of connections is merely the underlying structure of an obvious alliance.

RDreamer

Could this alone take him down?

I mean, you're talking about impeaching a president. They'd need more than just the possible connections like I've stated. As non coincidental as all of that seems, it still technically could be. They'd probably have to get some sort of proof of the deal.

kess

So to summarize:

I feel like fucking Eddie Valiant when he figures it out in Roger Rabbit

So to summarize:

Is there a source for the death of Sechin's chief of staff?

Lol afraid that daddy Putin might try to silence his leaker??

If Wikileaks' staff is scared, then it's probably because Russia would be concerned that Wikileaks might expose the leaker(s) to avoid being framed for anything themselves.

Considering the sudden death of that ex-Rosneft official, I'd be scared too.

If Wikileaks' staff is scared, then it's probably because Russia would be concerned that Wikileaks might expose the leaker(s) to avoid being framed for anything themselves.

What did they expect?

Putin has a long history of dumping people he no longer needs.

If WL is no longer useful or becomes a liability to Russia.... bye bye.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Nafai1123

Banned
the_donald thinks WL is about to release some major document or whatever that will take the heat off of Trump and his cronies. Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to hype something up though, it's a good distraction for those who take them seriously anymore.

Assange should have known what he was getting into by getting into bed with Putin

AYF 001

Lol afraid that daddy Putin might try to silence his leaker??

What did they expect?

Putin has a long history of dumping people he no longer needs.

If WL is no longer useful or becomes a liability to Russia.... bye bye.

Live by the sword, die by the sword
And yet even in the responses of the tweet posted, their followers are thinking it's the CIA that has it in for them. The staff could literally live stream themselves being ambushed by Spetsnaz and those people would say it's an Obama false flag or something.

Remember when all those GOP Senators violated the Logan Act over the Iran deal? Outrage over their actions never ended up going anywhere

Ac30

So to summarize:

Damn, James Bond screenwriters taking notes.

Still though

tumblr_lx84rfshA91r94sbdo1_500-1421255671.gif

Question - in 6 days, can Donald Trump order the end of this investigation and white-wash it all?

Or can the CIA continue to investigate outside of the President's jurisdiction?

I keep thinking there is a 1/20 deadline and that after that date, it's too late because Trump will stomp out anything that makes him look guilty of something.

Basically, what happens after 1/20 with all of this? Does the investigation magically disappear?

JackDT

So my first question would be was it obvious to anyone who looked at their financials that if Rossneft sold off part of the company, that amount would likely be 19%? Or was this an actual prediction from the dossier?

Anyone have any insight?

KHarvey16

Question - in 6 days, can Donald Trump order the end of this investigation and white-wash it all?

Or can the CIA continue to investigate outside of the President's jurisdiction?

I keep thinking there is a 1/20 deadline and that after that date, it's too late because Trump will stomp out anything that makes him look guilty of something.

Basically, what happens after 1/20 with all of this? Does the investigation magically disappear?

The senate committee is outside of his control. He can install leaders of various agencies who might try to squash investigations I suppose, but even then I think they're beholden to the senate committee. And of course we'll still have tons of journalists and many foreign governments continuing their own investigations.

So to summarize:

When you put it that way... it sounds sort of bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom