• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel and Rayman dev team show up at fan(?) protest RE: Rayman Legends delay

Malvingt2

223566_4711041648549_331450370_n.jpg

65236_4711153171337_960545030_n.jpg

Rayman creator and highly-respected game designer Michel Ancel has appeared alongside members of the Rayman Legends development team in a series of photos protesting the game's delay by company bosses.

Ancel and his team appeared holding a banner baring the words: "Sortez nous Rayman. Soutient a Ubi Montpellier."

"Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." (Thanks Eurogamer.fr for the translation).

Rayman's crying face is seen in the middle of the poster.

A speech bubble emanates from his mouth. It simply says "SVP" - "please".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-at-ubisofts-decision-to-delay-rayman-legends

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But it's Rayman. It's not a big deal - why do this?

they are pissed about making the deadline and working super hard and now seeing the game delayed.

release it now on WiiU ubi, and with additional dlc on the PS360 later this year

Zomba13

Pretty pathetic for a development team. If I was the CEO, I'd let them go after they were done.

Yeah, how dare the dev team want the game they spent all that time on to come out the day they planned and scheduled and possibly crunched for!

Kimawolf

Well I hope everyone in that other thread claiming "the game isn't done, stop whining N-things" can see this now, the game is FINISHED. Even the fucking developers think it's ridiculous.

Pretty pathetic for a development team. If I was the CEO, I'd let them go after they were done.

That'd probably be one of the better outcomes of this. They're a talented enough dev team that they probably wouldn't have much trouble finding a publisher that doesn't seem to do everything they can to sabotage the sales of their games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, how dare the dev team want the game they spent all that time on to come out the day they planned and scheduled and possibly crunched for!

They can want it.

Raxious

Why is it pathetic? They had presumably finished the game, when Ubsioft suddenly told em to wait 6 months and work on other versions instead of just releasing the Wii U version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seriously. They need to release this shit pronto.

Not only are Wii U owners starved for quality software but these guys busted their ass to finish the game on time. One of the worst decisions I've seen in a while.

Michel, defect to Nintendo. You will be appreciated there.
Where exactly would he work? I'd imagine he doesn't want to up and leave for Japan or the US.

Top Bottom