• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
J7lbZB6.png

chrono01

So the reward surveys are going out now [from FanGamer] where you need to confirm your mailing address as well as any of the additional "extras" you pledged for. You can also upgrade your yourself to a maximum of the $250 tier, as well as add extras [such as the physical disc/USB] to your pledge [of course, after paying the additional cost].

I pledged the $500 amount, as well as extra for the physical NES/Famicom USB [so I could put them in their respective boxes]. The only real decision I need to make right now is whether I want to go with the English or Japanese version of the art book/strategy guide.

While I can't read a lot of Japanese, I do love the form factor of their guides. It's not as though I would necessarily use the actual guide portion of the book [I prefer to find those things out for myself], so really all I would be missing is any information posted in the art book section. I already have a lot of Japanese import art books, so that wouldn't be a new thing to me anyway. Not only that, I'm guessing that the majority of people will be choosing the English version, making the Japanese one more rare. Also, UDON is supposedly handling the layout/distributing for the English version, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it later available as a stand-alone purchase [probably not the hardcover version, though].

Ugh, I'll give it some more thought, I guess. The idea of having a Japanese, classic-styled, Famicom strategy guide signed by Inafune-san is tempting.

So the reward surveys are going out now [from FanGamer] where you need to confirm your mailing address as well as any of the additional "extras" you pledged for. You can also upgrade your yourself to a maximum of the $250 tier, as well as add extras [such as the physical disc/USB] to your pledge [of course, after paying the additional cost].

I pledged the $500 amount, as well as extra for the physical NES/Famicom USB [so I could put them in their respective boxes]. The only real decision I need to make right now is whether I want to go with the English or Japanese version of the art book/strategy guide.

While I can't read a lot of Japanese, I do love the form factor of their guides. It's not as though I would necessarily use the actual guide portion of the book [I prefer to find those things out for myself], so really all I would be missing is any information posted in the art book section. I already have a lot of Japanese import art books, so that wouldn't be a new thing to me anyway. Not only that, I'm guessing that the majority of people will be choosing the English version, making the Japanese one more rare. Also, UDON is supposedly handling the layout/distributing for the English version, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it later available as a stand-alone purchase [probably not the hardcover version, though].

Ugh, I'll give it some more thought, I guess. The idea of having a Japanese, classic-styled, Famicom strategy guide signed by Inafune-san is tempting.

Wait the books will be different? I just assumed they would be pretty much the same except in English or Japanese. Can I change my decision still?

chrono01

Wait the books will be different? I just assumed they would be pretty much the same except in English or Japanese. Can I change my decision still?
If you email them it should be possible. It's still early on.

Yeah, apparently they will be modeled after the style of each respective region [as noted on the Kickstarter page].

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=search

If you scroll down to the Rewards Section, it says:

Note: As with the instruction booklet, you can choose either the English-language version (laid out to look similar to the old "Nintendo Power" strategy guide style), or the Japanese version (the same content in Japanese, 'natch, but laid out differently, and in a smaller size format, just as the Japanese standard guides were and still are made).

CTLance

That clapping sound is feeling kind of... wrong. At least for me, on my first listening session. Too pronounced, or maybe an ill suiting sample, hard to point out why it feels off.

But that's probably just me being cranky.

khaaan

I'm filling out the fan-gamer fulfilment thing and I got to the point where it asks about add-ons (DVD/Famicom USB/NES USB) and I can't remember if I gave money for those. I want to say that I did but is there any way to check? It says that I don't have any additional funds but I think that might be because I think they came at the end of the campaign and were paid for separately?

A bit old bump but I just recieved a mail (I am sure other backers have recieved it at the same time) about what platform to pick for the digital game. It is nice to have the option of PS4 but I think I will go with the PC (DRM).

gazele

Banned
Yeah, got the email as well

I really hope this game turns out to be good, I haven't been a fan of the art style, but I haven't kept up with it as much as I've heard other people be negative

Yeah, got the email as well

I really hope this game turns out to be good, I haven't been a fan of the art style, but I haven't kept up with it as much as I've heard other people be negative

I am a believer despite how sketchy Inafune can be. Ugly as a sin but if its a fun game I will forgive that. The music better be good at least.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you don't know who the other developer is, you should look them up. One of the best developers in portables with a couple solid console releases. Whatever this is should end up great.

Gestault

I just noticed this on Amazon:

Exclusive for PlayStation platforms: when gamers buy the PS4 retail copy of Mighty No.9, it will include a voucher in box that can be redeemed for free digital copies of Mighty No.9 on both PlayStation 3 and on PS Vita when it releases shortly after

I shouldn't have backed this game. I would have been better off buying it at release. The backers who wanted a physical edition really do get a raw deal.

Top Bottom