• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
If this keeps up the plot of the game will be about girl robots oppressed by the evil man bots.

Picture_2_01.jpg

Kidding of course.

e162134d7f668b0b7ed0897c3dac3f7102089382e8a7112f7d801d9656528c6a.jpg

Conan-san

Seems like a pretty rough situation for the developers. Dina can't really be effective as a Community Manager if every post she makes is going to cause an uproar and controversy. It's really no fault of her own, but I don't think they want this cloud of negativity surrounding the game's ongoing development. She's probably qualified to do her job even if she hasn't played that much MegaMan, but there's so much animosity surrounding her in that Community Manager role that you almost have to take her off of it.

Yeah. That's about the size of it, she "goofed" (And it's big ass quotes on that) by saying something that could be taken wildly out of context and then everything went to hell.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, seriously guys.

That red Call E...may have changed my opinion about F.

But F is so good!

H is just a bit too plain.

H all the way, F is cool but I don't need a Roll clone, H in the other hand is a mix between astroboy and Legends, I love it. I know that F will win but I hope H appears in the game somehow.

Zalman

I think overall H looks the most "Mega Man", but her design is too simplistic compared to Beck's. E would look much better next to him. They look like they're from the same game.

I might vote for her, but I'll think about it first.

border

Yeah. That's about the size of it, she "goofed" (And it's big ass quotes on that) by saying something that could be taken wildly out of context and then everything went to hell.

Yeah, pretty much.

Though I'd like to append the part of my original post where I said "every post she makes is going to cause an uproar and controversy". That's not meant to imply that she will always be trying to say something crazy or controversial, just that she won't be able to post normal inoffensive updates without idiots causing a ruckus every time she appears.

Akainu

Whats going on? I was coming here to see if people were voting yet and right
E! E! E! E! E! E!
And then something about robot dicks? What?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo I just checked out the controversy...

1) Video Game Therapist video was hilarious, best response to the reactions.
2) Her female Beck design is shit. It's straight out of Braid, WTF.
3) Probably not the best idea to make her community manager, not due to her feminism but rather due to her lacking experience. Everyone knows franchise fans are super fucking hardcore and if you haven't even played the games how in the hell can you make the community feel all is well? Maybe that'd be okay with something 100% fresh but this is obviously coming out of the Mega Man legacy and those are some troubled waters. MN9 is a refugee camp more than it is a newly forming community.

Voted for F, as everyone I'm sure is aware of.

I'm rather reassured by all of the people saying "we all know F is going to win anyway". Because I'm actually rather anxious that she might lose. The support for Call E and Call F seems to be very close.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Voted for F, as everyone I'm sure is aware of.

I'm rather reassured by all of the people saying "we all know F is going to win anyway". Because I'm actually rather anxious that she might lose. The support for Call E and Call F seems to be very close.

F had the highest amount of votes when they announced the top 3 and I don't think it was even close.

Since for some reason no one has posted the updated ones...

hbSYJe1.jpg

E

Twi3Wxa.jpg

F

h0N7asD.jpg

H

Color and added facial expressions really highlights how superior Roll Call is. Well, she was ALWAYS superior... but you know.

(edit) I'm just stupid and blind, ignore me... fresh for this page :)

F's colors are very nice.

Find it kinda funny though how everyone thought E was immodest, then it turns out she's wearing stockings and H looks more exposed.

I didn't notice E's metal arms before the colored version, I really like that. I think I'm gonna have to stick with E, though I'm still Team A at heart. :p

chrono01

I voted for F since I feel her design compliments Beck's the most out of all of them.

I didn't notice, but the two "ears" on top of her head seems to react to her emotions [spinning wildly when she's excited or drooping down when embarrassed]. That's a really nice touch that I never saw prior to the painted/completed design prototypes.

Gartooth

Voted E, prefer her blue color to red odd enough. F is great too of course (and who I expect to win) but I really hope H doesn't win, a very "flat" design to me.

zeopower6

F feels like it fits the most. Isn't the point of her looking like Roll a bit similar to Beck kinda sorta looking like Mega Man?

Karkador

Banned
3) Probably not the best idea to make her community manager, not due to her feminism but rather due to her lacking experience. Everyone knows franchise fans are super fucking hardcore and if you haven't even played the games how in the hell can you make the community feel all is well?

Community managers and PR people in general are public-facing communicators first and foremost; that's what their skills and experience are in, and those are the tools they use to make communities feel that all is well. Many people who do these jobs for any company aren't typically going in with high levels of knowledge about their product/company/industry, but they learn that along the way.

I mean, this is a person who had already backed the KS and active on the page, so she's probably more interested in the game than an average person; and she's being resilient enough to be there even with people flaming her. Holding it together while people are shitting on you is probably a more valuable trait for a PR job than having played a bunch of Megaman games.

Zalman

F definitely complements Beck's design the most, but from a design standpoint it's probably my least favorite. Still not sure what to vote...

Top Bottom