• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos' controversial book is canceled for condoning pedophila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Even though this shit makes me happy, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't stick. After Pussygate didn't ruin Trump, I'm no longer surprised by how much will be forgiven by the right.

true, but i imagine they needed trump a lot more than they need milo

Unless they are stupid with contracts, I can't see why he would get to keep the money
Book contracts pay half up front (the "advance"); it's considered poor form to get that money back and the author typically keeps it if the book is cancelled for any reason (technically, the author is supposed to pay back any advance money that isn't matched by book sales, but they don't enforce that, either).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
There is no proper gif to express the euphoria i'm feeling right now, watching this dude take L after L after L all day.....it just feels so good to watch. ;-;

Snagret

Even though this shit makes me happy, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't stick. After Pussygate didn't ruin Trump, I'm no longer surprised by how much will be forgiven by the right.
Even the KKK is strongly against child molestation. Seems to be a universally reviled act, certainly one you'd be stupid to defend if you aim to be a public figure.

Just look at his defense, it isn't to double down on his point like he normally does, he's just straight up going with "I didn't say that this didn't happen". (going by his fb post, I haven't watched his video yet)

Snaku

Banned

Eh, I think the right was looking for an excuse to distance themselves from him. He was a bit too gay, after all. But since society has come to terms with homosexuality and is generally okay with it, they really couldn't use that against him. Defending the rape of children? Oh they can use that.

Trump's admission of sexual assault was acceptable because he didn't explicitly admit one of his many victims was a child.

I'm not sure if it's so much fighting back, more like waiting for him to get caught saying something so epically fucking dumb that even he had no comeback.

That's not what happened here, though. He said the things that are just now getting him in trouble a year ago.

He wasn't hurt in a debate or any of his recent media appearances, he was hurt by someone digging into his past and airing that dirty laundry in a way that he couldn't respond to or wiggle out of. That's what the "don't give him a platform" people have been advocating this whole time.

It was a good thing he was on maher after all. People are paying attention to his awfulness

Maher had nothing to do with this, conservatives who didn't like Milo speaking at CPAC did (and it certainly wasn't because they give a shit about Muslims or trans people).

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm not going to praise a publisher who draws the line for acceptably propping up ones career at advocating pedophilia. Glad it's cancelled though.

Thank fuck, it had been stinking up my Kindle in the "recommended for you" section, couldn't find a way to get rid of it.

An insult in and of itself.

His account has been suspended!
oya.gif

1.7k reactions on the Facebook post of his, all of which are shocked, sad or angry.

lol. like, how do you any of those reactions when a person pushing pedophilia loses a book deal because of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom