• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos, Frequent Defender of Pedophilia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMB4237

Neo Member
https://twitter.com/mschlapp/status/833741724694487043

C5ILpIuXAAAzkkm.jpg:large

You will preach for free speech but then fold just like all the other "Free speech hating" universities that feel pressure for when people show their objection over this guy's abhorrent views.

You dare say that free speech is important AND that you shouldn't have to endorse everyone with a fucking platform. As if that's any different to what any other place that refuses to invite Milo. Fuck these people with their hypocrisy

EDIT: I should add. I don't want Milo to be given a fucking platform. But it is just fucking deaf that these people can be all right with free speech unless it's an "obvious evil". As if his other views can't be seen as obvious evil

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You will preach for free speech but then fold just like all the other "Free speech hating" universities that feel pressure for when people show their objection over this guy's abhorrent views.

You dare say that free speech is important AND that you shouldn't have to endorse everyone with a fucking platform. As if that's any different to what any other place that refuses to invite Milo. Fuck these people with their hypocrisy

EDIT: I should add. I don't want Milo to be given a fucking platform. But it is just fucking deaf that these people can be all right with free speech unless it's an "obvious evil". As if his other views can't be seen as obvious evil

"Free speech" has long been a dog whistle for "i want to say racist things that would make me in trouble", and never was actually about giving people you disagree with a platform to talk. It's no surprise that conservatives are no longer wanting to give him a platform now that they're learning of the things they disagree with.

The only surprise are the liberals that can't hear it, or pretend to not hear it.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm referring to freedom of speech as freedom from criticism, not the first amendment freedom of speech.

DMczaf

Let's see how far he can go and how far his followers are willing to follow him. *grabs popcorn*

Reading Facebook comments, it seems the way they are getting around it is copy pasting "this is what he actually said (it's not what he said)" and not watching the video of him saying it and then saying the media is trying to take him down.

It's interesting.

Can you imagine if someone like Harvey Milk had said shit like this back in the 1970's? The guy would have been strung up on a tree by the very same people who would give Milo a pass. This is the type of crap that the gay rights movement took great pains to distance itself from because ignorance was too widespread in those days. They had to chase the creeps from NAMBLA out of their pride parade with pitchforks because they were trying to hijack their movement with their own back in the 1980's.

mike6467

Sadly, there are going to be people out there who say "See!!! All gays are pedophiles!"

It's almost like he's taking himself down so the people who hate the LGBT movement have more ammo.

The Kree

Banned
Sadly, there are going to be people out there who say "See!!! All gays are pedophiles!"

It's almost like he's taking himself down so the people who hate the LGBT movement have more ammo.

There are also people out there who will say, "See! All white supremacists are pedophiles!"

I might be one of those people.

DMB4237

Neo Member
"Free speech" has long been a dog whistle for "i want to say racist things that would make me in trouble", and never was actually about giving people you disagree with a platform to talk. It's no surprise that conservatives are no longer wanting to give him a platform now that they're learning of the things they disagree with.

The only surprise are the liberals that can't hear it, or pretend to not hear it.

Edit: And to be clear, I'm referring to freedom of speech as freedom from criticism, not the first amendment freedom of speech.

I consider myself a big proponent of free speech. If Milo wants to talk, let him talk. But I was very scared what I heard from people after the Berkeley riots. They would say that the appropriate response is to just let him speak and not buy his shitty book. As if the mere aspect of protesting is infringing his free speech. The idea makes my head spin.

Neo C.

Reading Facebook comments, it seems the way they are getting around it is copy pasting "this is what he actually said (it's not what he said)" and not watching the video of him saying it and then saying the media is trying to take him down.

It's interesting.

Blergh, that's weak. I want them to double down this shit. Same for Milo, he should go hardcore yaoi fantasy and not excuse a single bit of his past words.

I consider myself a big proponent of free speech. If Milo wants to talk, let him talk. But I was very scared what I heard from people after the Berkeley riots. They would say that the appropriate response is to just let him speak and not buy his shitty book. As if the mere aspect of protesting is infringing his free speech. The idea makes my head spin.

Right?!?! They were okay with him having speech but everyone else wasn't allowed? It's incredible the mental gymnastics people went through.

SeanR1221

Judging by his humongous post on this he's triggered hard.

So long, snowflake. 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Was this guy always such a controversial figure?

I recall him being on Sunday morning TV here in the UK, although I'm pretty certain I absolutely disagreed with him then too.

His wiki implies that a lot of his more batshit stuff has occurred post 2015 though.

I wonder why he suddenly started going for shock and awe.

SaniOYOYOY

I meant that people tend to lump child brides and a lot of that outdated stuff onto the Muslim world/the Orient when there's a lot of similar parallels in western history and even niche groups today.

oh yeah precisely. at this point its just sad

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Was this guy always such a controversial figure?

I recall him being on Sunday morning TV here in the UK, although I'm pretty certain I absolutely disagreed with him then too.

His wiki implies that a lot of his more batshit stuff has occurred post 2015 though.

I wonder why he suddenly started going for shock and awe.

He found out the alt-right and angry white kids online utterly ate up his act of being their pet "controversial gay man" and calling liberals the real bigots for not allowing society to be a safe space for regressive attitudes about women, muslims, transfolk, etc.

He went all-in to see if he could profit and had some success. Except it appears his ego got too big, too quickly.

Pretty sure after James O'Keefe and the Planned Parenthood stuff, the burden of deceptively-edited video lies at Republicans' feet.

Snaku

Banned
Fuckface reveled in his status as a professional troll where he could get away with saying anything for the lulz that he lost his filter. He fucking Cartman'd himself. This is just too good.

tumblr_mnuvop1UFO1r4gei2o1_400.gif

RedHill

Banned
This dude is a professional troll and its an act. A friend of mine knows his boyfriend and it couldn't be as much as an act. Some of you guys are taking the internet too seriously.
Lol. You're banned but I can't help myself. We aren't taking the Internet too seriously. He has millions of followers believing his garbage, whether he does or not. He's dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom