• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-Pokemon news: LONG NECK VS T-REX (Amaura and Tyrunt evo)

WE NEED THIS GIF

1379592731332juiek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

JoeM86

Aurorus also has a move called Freeze Dry. Ice-type move that freezes the opponents, and is said to be Super Effective on Water-types...

JackHerer

Aurorus looks kinda cool.

But that Tyrantrum looks amazing.

I dunno how I feel about no mega-evolutions for Kalos pokemon. I was hoping at least all the starters from each gen would have megas. I guess it might just be Gen 1 starters then.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno how I feel about no mega-evolutions for Kalos pokemon. I was hoping at least all the starters from each gen would have megas. I guess it might just be Gen 1 starters then.

Blaziken.

I can see the Kalos starters getting Mega evolutions in Pokemon Z or whatever, and then other Kalos Pokemon getting Megas in Gen 7 (as well as some Gen 1-5 mons that didn't get them yet).

Fireblend

Banned
Really cool designs. Also it makes sense to me for Kalos pokemon to not mega-evolve. I'm guessing that there won't be more than ~25 mega-evolutions anyway.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Now, I gotta wonder...

Is there a third (final) evolution?

Very unlikely as fossil Pokémon are usually two stage Pokémon, barring Aerodactyl.

Also in the IGN video (in the OP I linked) there's Professor Sequoia. Who is that?

Properly the guy who gives trainers the Kalos starters.

Polygon states that they were told that Kalos Pokémon will not have Mega Evolutions

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/47...ches-up-the-classic-story-formula-to-focus-on

Good, because I wasn't a fan of Mega Evolutions.

subtles

Wait what? This is a first for a move being super effective on a type right?

Here's what I found.

Aurorus is the evolution of Amaura, and is a Rock and Ice-type Pokémon that players will find is effective against Water-type foes. It uses a new Ice move called Freeze-Dry, which can see opponents become frozen and leaving them open to additional attacks.

Here it mentions Aurorus being effective against Water-types, not the move.

I wonder if they'll go back and make certain old moves function like Freeze Dry. e.g. Make the elemental punches SE against stuff weak to Fighting.

DaBoss

I see Masuda has learned from Sakurai lol
There’s also the limited use of 3D visuals – most of the game, outside of certain cinematics and battle sequences, is displayed as flat 2D. “We chose not to use 3D in areas where we wanted to put more focus on the game’s beauty. We also felt that using 3D sparingly would make it have more impact when it did show up.”

Here's what I found.

Here it mentions Aurorus being effective against Water-types, not the move.

WTF? A Pokémon being super effective?

So where is that from?

Top Bottom