• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-Pokemon news: LONG NECK VS T-REX (Amaura and Tyrunt evo)

Tusk

:p Still thinking there could also be a W if they wanted to go the whole b/w/b2/w2 route.
W is the 4th dimension. I'm surprised no one's brought that up, I've thought about it since the games were announced. W chromosome, and W axis, y'know? Am I the only one that's thinking about this? ;w;

Toxi

Banned
Tyranitar, Bastidion, Cranidos, and now these two

You could argue Aerodactyl and Archeops
Nope. Pterosaurs are generally considered a related clade. And Archeops is not just arguable, it's based on Microraptor and Arcaeopteryx.

Tyranitar is Godzilla, which I guess is a mutated dinosaur.

Technically every bird Poke is also a dinosaur.]

Another name change. O_O. Okay then.
I'm going with Amaura. I liked its design and its typing better though Tyrunt is pretty cool

TrickRoom

The amargasaurus Pokemon's evolution reminds me of an icy Meganium. Looks neat!

Freeze-Dry's effect is unknown? *croses fingers for an auto-freeze effect*

Neiteio

DOES ANYONE HAVE FULL-BODY HI-RES ART OF TYRANTRUM?

tumblr_m4onsodurx1rwl6avo1_400.gif

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Tyrantrum looks great! I'm really happy with the Pokémon X/Y designs so far.

Also, whoever changed the title forgot the é. For shame. ;)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bahahah man, it shows how much hype.

Aurorus had a decent amount of posts in /vp/, but the Tyrantrum thread got so much posts in a short amount of type.

zroid

Banned
I know everyone's in love with Tyrantrum, and it's awesome no doubt, but I think I'm giving the slight edge to Aurorus. I just love the sleek look of it.

Dr. Buni

Aurorus seems to be one of the few decent Ice-types, with a move that hits Water-types super effectively and with an ability that changes Normal-type moves into Ice-types moves. While the T-rex is a Rock/Dragon who will likely be crushed by little cute and awesome fairies. Yeah, I think my choice of fossil is obvious. Aurorus here I come!

Kind of wish the general consensus was right; Aurorus should have long frills down it's back that look like the northern lights, and Tyrantrum's fluff should look like a cape/have some sort of rock or thing on his head that looks like a crown.

Oh well, the designs are still neat. I can't wait to get my hands on Tyrunt he's bro for life tier.

I'll use the long neck ingame and at casual battles at school. ROCK/ICE IS THE WORST DEFENSIVE TYPING EVER GODDAMMIT:

-4x Fighting, Steel
-2x Rock, Grass, Water, Ground
-0.5x Ice, Normal, Bug

Well, I think that's right. That typing's just... just... Offensively it has two excellent STABs but what does that matter when it'll faint before it does anything?

Smeags

"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles."

Source

That would be pretty incredible if true. Gotta catch 'em all indeed. ^_^

Dr. Buni

"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles."

Source

Does Kalos even have enough places to hold 700+ Pokémon? Oo I don't think so.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Guys, can I have an all dinosaur team?

Lapras, Tyranitar, Tropius, Tyrantrum, Rampardos, Bastidion. Maybe add Aggron too.

Also, depending on how you stretch dinosaurs, Aerodactyl and Archeops.

Source

What about legendaries

Source

Yeah, the IGN article said he had seen
Panpour and Zigzagoon
in the early game along new Pokemon too.

Smeags

I think they just mean they are in the game, not necessarily capturable.

Yeah, the wording is a bit iffy. Certainly hoping for more clarification on that part.

(Although with the help of the ol' Action Replay, I've used the Pokemon modifier code to catch every basic/baby Pokemon from Gen I-V. Either way, I'm set for success. :p)

watershed

Banned
Has it been discussed somewhere that it has been confirmed that the overworld is 2d only? Apparently the official reason is so that the developers can focus the 3ds performance on making the overworld look as beautiful as possible. I'm not buying that excuse though. Poke X/Y do look nice graphically but they aren't up there with the best of the 3ds games and those games always have 3d on.

Top Bottom