• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-Pokemon news: LONG NECK VS T-REX (Amaura and Tyrunt evo)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Those two are fantastic and among my favourite Pokémon designs. I will choose the Amaura first, because Diplodocus is my favourite animal not existing anymore and Amaura is really close to Diplodocus. But I also want that T-Rex :(.

subtles

HMs aren't a necessity anymore. I didn't have HM slaves in B(2)/W(2).

Do you think that was a (conscious) design choice particular to the B/W installment or will all future games follow suit?

Did the development staff acknowledge complaints about HMs?

kiri

Unf, that T-Rex Pokemon...

I guess thats another new addition for my team. It's shaping up rather nicely now, only 16 days to go!

zroid

Banned
IGN said:
“The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games,” explained Yoshida. “We’ve taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge.”

So Pokémon Z basically confirmed :lol

This is the evolution of Tyrunt:
tyrantrumofficial-art300dpijpg-e94a12_160w.jpg

tyrantrum-official-screenshot-4jpg-88368c.jpg

It is called Tyrantrum.

Looks badass

TheOGB

Banned
"The names of X and Y represent the philosophy we had behind the two games," explained Yoshida. "We've taken the idea of X and Y from the geometric X- and Y-axes. They represent two different ways of thought. At the same time, we want to convey a message encouraging people to find a common ground, where X and Y converge."
So Pokémon Z basically confirmed :lol
TeamY gets to take to the skies in pursuit of the superior legendary confirmed. /unnecessarygloating

Also confirmed, legendary-Z is going to be located in crazy 3D puzzle dungeon, will be the only part of the overworld in 3D

upandaway

Oh wow, Tyrantrum looks great, and I love the name.

Regarding the XY thing, now I'm hoping for some kind of Pokemon or something else that utilizes the design of X Y Z layered on top of each other (it turns out to be some kind of sand clock with a line on the bottom triangle).

Fireblend

Banned
Oh shit guys. I just figured it out.

According to IGN X and Y represent different axis, right?

What can we do with an X and Y axis? A 2D plane.

What happens if we add a Z axis? We can represent.... DEPTH.

POKEMON Z WITH 3D OVERWORLD CONFIRMED.

Bishop89

tyrantrumofficial-art300dpijpg-e94a12_640w.jpg

mother of god. I must have this in my party at all times.

What typing is it? It better not be cursed with x4 weaknesses.

Azure J

Tyrantrum is like something that'd make me :D emote for an entire day after seeing it if I were much younger. Holy shit.

Gen 6 looking to usurp Gen 5 for best new designs.

Every Poke reveal these days seems to have a "magestic" Pokemon and a "cool" Pokemon. It's like the X and Y reveal all over again.

Toxi

Banned
I can't believe I didn't recognize the ice/rock Pokemon as an Amargosaurus. I had a toy of one as a kid! Sorry rex fans, gotta represent my homeland of Argentina. Amaura it is.

Top Bottom