• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered won't be sold separately

impact

Banned
Actually, they are not. Sales are going up after the dip that series got with Ghosts.

COD is still incredibly popular.

Didn't Ghosts still do better than Advanced Warfare? Pretty sure there was an article about AW being the worst selling CoD or something

ViciousDS

Banned
Yes, I have a feeling we are going to get packed in remasters for at least the next five years to keep sales up.

Next year will be WaW, following MW2, then we will get black ops remastered, after that we will just get a MW collection which includes all 3 remastered and finally black ops 2 remastered........at least 5 years of easy money doing pack ins of amazing CoDs

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Reminds me of Medal of Honor: Frontline "Remastered"

Didn't Ghosts still do better than Advanced Warfare? Pretty sure there was an article about AW being the worst selling CoD or something

It's not the game that first disappoints that dips in sales, it's the one after that.

Hip Hop

True I think, but I would blame Ghosts for that dip, people were turned off after that game.

The online population for this game is going to be miserably small if they lock it behind the limited edition
Yeah this is what bothers me the most. I mean, c'mon, if you're not going let people download MW remaster separately, at least put it with the standard edition preorder.

panty

I was honestly a bit interested in the remaster but there is absolutely no way I'll buy the new one.

I'll just wait.

Arun1910

Really hoping its a separate client so I can just grab a MW code from eBay.

I have this horrible feeling that the MW remaster will be only available to access THROUGH Infinite Warfare, like an extra menu choice. Seems like something Activision would do.

Justinh

Buy and trade people, buy and trade. You could probably get 45$ for IW right away.

No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
although, it does say "get" and not "play"...

Really hoping its a separate client so I can just grab a MW code from eBay.

I have this horrible feeling that the MW remaster will be only available to access THROUGH Infinite Warfare, like an extra menu choice. Seems like something Activision would do.

The more I hear about it, the more I think it's just DLC for the new game. That way, people have to buy the new game and they have to play the new game.

edit: hmm, I guess not
No, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the yadda yadda

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Hopefully this isn't one of those "you need the disc to launch the digital software" situations. That'd suck.

I'm okay buying Infinite but as a Campaign guy, I will inevitably sell it after the 4-6 hours of fun has been had.

Finalow

so, at least $80 if you want to play the CoD4 remaster with half of the maps.

right. and people though $60 remasters were an awful thing! Ah, take that.

oh, apparently you get a free new game with it - with spaceships shooting at each other but I think I played that already

Zedox

I'm not mad or upset, I'd just rather buy it separately because I wont be playing Infinite at all. I mean, it's a smart business decision on their part, knowing that eeeeeveryone wants to play CoD4 again.

What you really are saying and what others are is that yall don't want to spend $60 on a remaster. That's what it boils down to.

Edit: wait, u gotta pay more for the teamster? That's dumb. Never mind. Lololol.

Buy and trade people, buy and trade. You could probably get 45$ for IW right away.
Have a feeling the MW multiplayer is going to be part of IW (similar to Halo: Reach and Halo Anniversary). And I doubt they'll make a separate MW only client for it if they intend for everyone to buy it with IW. Meaning you'll need the disc to play MW multiplayer.

T-Rex.

Banned
As long as it's not on the Infinite Warfare disk it's cool. If it is then fuck that. Don't care how good MW is; I hate shitty practices like that.

Shady859

Honestly surprised they are only charging a $20 premium for the remastered MP so I fully expect it to require the disc. I hope i'm wrong because i'll be buying day 1 and have no desire at all to day the new CoD trash. Would love to be able to sell everything but the MW code.

Those of you thinking you'll just buy a code on ebay have to realize that there needs to be someone willing to part with their code.

How many people do you think are going to buy the full meal deal and *not* want to keep MWR for themselves?

"I'll get a code for $20 or $30 on ebay" Yeah, nope.

7. Can I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered without buying Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare?
No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

giphy.gif

I'd love to go back and play MW but going back and playing old games, at least ones I've played 8,000 times, is fun but the novelty wears off pretty quickly. Not worth 87 bucks to me. And a double no on principal. They won't quit with this new future/space garbage despite a large amount of fans begging for them to return to their roots and they continue to ignore us, nah. I'm good. Maybe it's time I finally gave Battlefield a shot.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ir7rXF8.png

VtYSCst.png

Cant wait to see what BF got to kick off with, considering

Oh please....isn't the BF vs COD 'beef battle' so 2009?

I thought it ended with Bad Company 2 trying in vain to take shots at MW2, with DICE ultimately conceding the battle by destroying the humorous fresh take of Badcompany with boring grey serious sam campaigns that were horrible, thus proving that EA was after the COD money the whole time

GlamFM

Banned
Well.... of course it wont be sold separately.

People thought it would be?

Activision is not stupid.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well.... of course it wont be sold separately.

People thought it would be?

Activision is not stupid.

If they do, yes, they are pretty stupid leaving money in the table, especially after IW launches and there's no reason to lock the game behind pre orders or special editions

Pachinko

This really shouldn't surprise anyone even a little bit.

A remaster of everyone's favorite COD game is coming with a brand new one set in space. Pre-order now !

I'd wager all bets are off about 6 months after Infinite warfare is out though, they can make the remaster 20$ and launch it a few days before they reveal call of duty 2017 (which will be the next entry from Treyarch, black ops 4 or something new perhaps?).

It's astonishing to me that I have never bought a single COD game and on top of that the only one I played (thanks to a demo and some holiday couch multiplayer) was Call of duty 2 near the 360 launch.

wwm0nkey

That stinks. Wishful thinking but maybe they'll release a standalone version sometime next year.

That is probably what is going to happen, this is a smart move to gain sales right now but then re releasing it as a standalone later on will just be extra cash

It's as simple as:
1. Shell out the 80 bucks for the Legacy edition
2. Remove the MW:R download code from the box
3. Sell back IW to Best Buy for a cool $45

Haha....if only we lost that much on our purchase here in Australia.

$130 for the Legacy Edition and you could probably sell IW for $50 making the Remaster $80.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Haha....if only we lost that much on our purchase here in Australia.

$130 for the Legacy Edition and you could probably sell IW for $50 making the Remaster $80.

I'll wait for JB to get the Legacy Edition so I can get staff price on it. Hopefully I can then get close to $70 for the stand alone on eBay.

RPGam3r

Any particular reason why people already think Infinite Warfare sucks so bad enough to whine about how to get MW?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Any particular reason why people already think Infinite Warfare sucks so bad enough to whine about how to get MW?

The trailer looked shit, setting is so generic
and of course "Biggest surprise attack ever, how did no one see it coming?"
LOL

Game could be good no doubt, cant judge the final product based on the trailer. But there should be option to just buy it separately.

They aren't declining. BO3 had record numbers. And player retention is still very high.

lol people keep saying this but Ghost and BO3 are about the only COD games that got price drop so soon, and also offered free multiplayer weekends.

No way they did that out of generosity.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Ghosts for many.

An unexciting trailer for some.

Little interest in any Call of Duty beyond Modern Warfare for a few.

Top Bottom