• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered won't be sold separately

Farsi

It would be a smart business move to have Mw1 only be playable with the IW discs too so they can kill off the pre-owned market.

I'm not mad at them for wanting to make cash. GCU takes a cool 16 dollars off retail for this, I'm definitely not mad.

Gator86

Any particular reason why people already think Infinite Warfare sucks so bad enough to whine about how to get MW?

I haven't felt like a COD game was worthwhile since MW2. Even renting AW felt like more than that game deserved. I'm assuming the husk of Infinity Ward isn't going to suddenly produce a brilliant product after a decade of middling releases. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not banking on it.

It would be a smart business move to have Mw1 only be playable with the IW discs too so they can kill off the pre-owned market.

I'm not mad at them for wanting to make cash. GCU takes a cool 16 dollars off retail for this, I'm definitely not mad.
This is definitely what is going to happen. I'd expect nothing less.

MrDaravon

Pass for me then. I have a fondness for the MW campaign, but I actually never played the multiplayer (didn't hop on that train until MW2) so I'm not super crazy about it overall, and Infinity Ward hasn't made a good game in forever and I'm probably one of the few people that liked MW3 okay. I have enough fond memories of MW2 that I would maaaaaaaaaybe bite on something similar for that game, but even then I dunno since most of the people I played MW2 with are on a different platform now.

Also don't blame them at all for this since a fuckton of people will buy the pricier editions just to get this. It's evil but smart. I also agree with the idea that they will probably have it boot off the IW disc to help kill used sales, but I think they'll make it available for purchase through the IW store or whatever at some point to non-Legacy/Deluxe owners of the game.

LOL So true it hurts!

lWPEi2Q.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
yup give it 6 months or to the point where the new cod isn't selling as well as it can do and we will see it as a download, it's money to be made just left on the table otherwise.
But no fucking way I could wait 6 months...
I couldn't even wait 1 month. Maybe, maybe 1 week, anything longer, I'd rather get it day fucking one. Probaly the first midnight launch I'll go to in 5 years.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Didnt they do this with MW2 and CoD remaster?

Pretty sure that's for seperate sale.

Medal of Honor Frontline: Remaster was originally a Medal of Honor pack-in too, but it went separate.

They all eventually go separate.

I-hate-u

We'll this sucks. Would wait until it releases seperately within 6 months.

They're doing the same with MW2 next year, aren't they?

TheChamp

As much as I hate newer CoD.... a Modern Warfare remaster is worth the money in itself... and it means we can play without all the annoying CoD 12 year olds with their mics then its a plus

Call of Duty Classic was included with the Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition and was released on the marketplace separately three weeks later. Could be a similar situation with Modern Warfare Remastered.

GnawtyDog

Banned
lol...no buy then. I don't think I'll have the thirst for it 6 months down the line after release when it gets heavily discounted... if it does (considering that edition has a premium price, not even sure 6 months would result in substantial depreciation)...

bidguy

Banned
meh i only want it for the singleplayer.... ill get it a few months later or if its a pack in code ill buy it off someone

GodofWine

I'm thinking that its not worth 80 bucks in any way, and that I'm probably looking back through rose colored glasses at MW1 anyway...if I'm incredibly burnt out on the COD formula, I doubt its gonna hold my attention. Its not worth an 80 dollar gamble

KDC720

Were people honestly expecting anything different? They want people buying and playing IW, why would they potentially steal sales away from that with the MW remaster. The remaster acts as an incentive to get more people to buy a more expensive edition of IW, nothing more.

I'm sure it will be available on its own after awhile, but c'mon folks, this is marketing 101.

its a shit move for players, but smart move by a business standpoint.

I think they know that CoD is stale and everyone is sick of all the boring skill-less game, and sales would be like 100-1 MW:R's way.

dont know if i will wait for it standalone.

I would actually be excited about Infinite Warfare if Blops III wasn't such an unmitigated piece of shit campaign-wise and I wasn't so over the multiplayer. I stopped buying CoD games around Ghost because I just stopped caring, but picked up Blops III on some buy two get one free deal last year and I just ughh. I really, really don't want another CoD game, but CoD4 is the best in the franchise for me. Not sure what to do.....

Angry Fork

COD4 remaster is sick but I'm not getting the new game for it, I have no interest. I'll wait and see if they sell separately if not then oh well.

thatJohann

Who cares? It's an old game. I can wait for the inevitable digital download release when they see how bad infinite warfare sells. It looks like shit. And so many new games for me to care about a remaster of a game I played to death. Meh.

Top Bottom