• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Character Select Screen Leaked (Spoilers) [Update: Stage Renders]

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
HeresSomeWeapons said:
So I guess that makes it totally cool to troll the Mortal Kombat thread, huh? Who gives a shit. It's an opinion. It doesn't need credentials.

I never bring out any credentials to my opinions though, people that know what I do for a living seem to do that plenty, for better or worse. I never said I could do a better job than anybody involved with the team and having a harsh opinion on GAF is about the most uncommon of things.

To go back to a more interesting area though, yeah SF does borrow from real life examples quite a bit, but theres more to character design than looks and thanks to pretty unique animations the SF characters separate themselves from the rest. Mortal Kombat shares a lot of animation between the characters as far as normal moves go, robbing them of more unique personalities. When I blamed MK for ripping other media I did so with that in mind, theyre more blatant and unoriginal than the competition as far as my tastes go, I dont really care what sales have to say in that regard.

Plus, Im not making fun of anybody who likes it, I dont see what the big drama is about.

Raging Spaniard said:
I never bring out any credentials to my opinions though, people that know what I do for a living seem to do that plenty, for better or worse. I never said I could do a better job than anybody involved with the team and having a harsh opinion on GAF is about the most uncommon of things.

To go back to a more interesting area though, yeah SF does borrow from real life examples quite a bit, but theres more to character design than looks and thanks to pretty unique animations the SF characters separate themselves from the rest. Mortal Kombat shares a lot of animation between the characters as far as normal moves go, robbing them of more unique personalities. When I blamed MK for ripping other media I did so with that in mind, theyre more blatant and unoriginal than the competition as far as my tastes go, I dont really care what sales have to say in that regard.

Plus, Im not making fun of anybody who likes it, I dont see what the big drama is about.
I'm not sure what's going on but based on your post I can say that you're wrong. If you watched the gamespot live stage demo at E3 last year, you'll hear Boon clearly mention how each fighter has a different feel based on their combat styles and personalities and if you've been watching footage or even played the demo, you'd obviously already know this.

But apparently, you're in the dark so you don't recognize that Mileena is a psycopathic lunatic with a thirst for blood with spastic animations and moves like stabbing you over and over with her sai in your neck or how Johnyy Cage is a cocky bastard who shouts his own name during his fast hitting combos. Or Sub Zero's slow, methodical defensive options compared to Scorpion's faster, deadlier offensive attacks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I'm not sure what's going on but based on your post I can say that you're wrong. If you watched the gamespot live stage demo at E3 last year, you'll hear Boon clearly mention how each fighter has a different feel based on their combat styles and personalities and if you've been watching footage or even played the demo, you'd obviously already know this.

But apparently, you're in the dark so you don't recognize that Mileena is a psycopathic lunatic with a thirst for blood with spastic animations and moves like stabbing you over and over with her sai in your neck or how Johnyy Cage is a cocky bastard who shouts his own name during his fast hitting combos. Or Sub Zero's slow, methodical defensive options compared to Scorpion's faster, deadlier offensive attacks.

Yeah of course I played the demo, I'm talking about the air normals, the sweeps, the uppercuts and the roundhouse kicks. Thats why I said the normals, what you're describing are the special moves and I'm talking about the franchise as a whole.

bathala said:
So where r u guys going to get this game?
Amazon's $10 credit sound tempting

Amazon due to the credit and having a different costume for Reptile if I choose to fool around with him. His standard costume is cringe-worthy.

RetroMG

bathala said:
So where r u guys going to get this game?
Amazon's $10 credit sound tempting

Gamestop, solely because it's like a half block from my house and I don't really trust at-home delivery. (Though I'm going to be home, so maybe I should have gone for release-date delivery.)

fernoca

Gamestop here (regular edition, too poor for the Kollector :(), just because is like 5 minutes from my house; in case they do a midnight release.

I know there are better offers, but K-mart around here prices new releases at $69 (+ tax) and gets games a day or two later. Best Buy rarely does midnights and they open at 10AM, Amazon will take 3-5 days to get the game here.

notworksafe

ProtoCents said:
Amazon due to the credit and having a different costume for Reptile if I choose to fool around with him. His standard costume is cringe-worthy.
Amazon for me too, and for the same reason.

Between scorp and sub-zero I'd rather get Scorpion, so Gamestop it is. But I'd really rather get reptile but amazon is not convenient for me.

Frankfurt said:
Street Fighter is FAR more guilty of ripping other media than MK. MK has quite a bit of those, but in SF everyone is a copy. Literally everyone. Even the characters that look unique, like Abel, Juri, Chunners... Even those are MMA fighters, manga or movie characters. That's true for Alpha, 1, 2, 4... Only 3 has some originality.

There's even a website with side-by-side images for everyone.

Some of the site is true, some of it is just theory. I can say their entry on R.Mika is flat out wrong.

Misconstruing deliberate homages as a pissing contest to see who's franchise is worse huh? Some of this is starting to sound like 90s playground nonsense. Fei Long and Liu Kang are ripoffs of Bruce Lee. OMG

strideramc

I'm getting the TE for the PS3 and KE for the 360 both from Amazon. I'm fine with Reptile's classic costume and am keeping my fingers crossed that the rest are either unlockable or downloadable.

bathala

Banned
RetroGamer42 said:
Gamestop, solely because it's like a half block from my house and I don't really trust at-home delivery.
see this.
I want day-1. I might not get day-1 from Amazon considering Hawaii shipping.
Also, I already have money from Deus Ex preorder

Struct09

PS3 Tournament Edition
Xbox 360 vanilla

Both from Amazon. Hoping that I receive the TE on the 19th, but I at least have release-date delivery for the 360 version.

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah of course I played the demo, I'm talking about the air normals, the sweeps, the uppercuts and the roundhouse kicks. Thats why I said the normals, what you're describing are the special moves and I'm talking about the franchise as a whole.

So lucky you moved. Don't make me come to NYC! *shakes fist in anger*

Raging Spaniard

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
So lucky you moved. Don't make me come to NYC! *makes fist in anger*

Hey, if you ever come around here at least you have a place to chill!

Pkaz01 said:
Wasn't Jade black? or at least much darker skin color wise? I'm just wondering why she looks so different.
Yeah, she used to look more ethnic
Gn1rY.png

932zy.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
I always pick up my games from Amazon now. You usually can't beat release date delivery, free shipping, no tax (in my state...YMMV) and some kind of coupon off future purchases.

I rarely every buy my games from B&M stores anymore unless I have a gift card I need to burn.

henhowc said:
I always pick up my games from Amazon now. You usually can't beat release date delivery, free shipping, no tax (in my state...YMMV) and some kind of coupon off future purchases.

I rarely every buy my games from B&M stores anymore unless I have a gift card I need to burn.
This. Amazon is a great retailer and if I get a game on launch it's probably though them.

fernoca said:
Gamestop here (regular edition, too poor for the Kollector :(), just because is like 5 minutes from my house; in case they do a midnight release.

I know there are better offers, but K-mart around here prices new releases at $69 (+ tax) and gets games a day or two later. Best Buy rarely does midnights and they open at 10AM, Amazon will take 3-5 days to get the game here.
Amazon has release-day delivery for just $.99 shipping

Jade got white-washed but kept her hotness. Main confirmed. She uses a bo staff in combat (kombat?) right?

Edit: Took me awhile to find an in-game screen.

830px-Jade%27s_staff.jpg

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Hahaha best sarcastic post ever!!!

KevinCow

Banned
They both lose for being squished.

God dammit people scaling proportionally isn't a hard concept to grasp how can you do it and not realize it looks horrible APODGHAPOSHDGPOASDPOGAPOSHGWI0QUNVIPQNGP

Top Bottom