• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm @ E3 Playable!!!

jax (old)

Banned
that 100mb video from jeux france is PRETTY damn incredible. Why aren't the big sites carrying their own versions. HDR?

the mud stuff is really nice as are the visuals in the game. Can't wait to see more.

I CAME

:)

Forsete

Gold Member
GameSpots HD videos are probably the best videos of the game so far.

The textures look pretty good up close when the car is not moving.
motor.jpg

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Amazing vids.

How does a game like this manage to "remember" all of the deformations while practically every racing game before it only draws the last 100 meters or so of skidmarks?

mr_nothin

Banned
mashoutposse said:
Amazing vids.

How does a game like this manage to "remember" all of the deformations while practically every racing game before it only draws the last 100 meters or so of skidmarks?
Im guessing the HDD
...that's one of the things you get when you have a HDD standard:D

mashoutposse said:
Amazing vids.

I think its because this is a big part of its gameplay and they have to make sure that it works correctly unlike other games where its thrown in. One of the features that hasn't been brought up in this thread is that as you race the mud and grooves that have been made in the mud will begin to harden and this will effect your cars suspension as the race goes on. The physics are going to be very detailed in this game.

Pimpwerx

Looking better than the first vid, but still some room for improvement. I wonder how good the video is b/c the GDC demo showed a lot of details down to tire nubs. I don't see it in these vids. It's a great-looking product, but it'll be forever saddled by high expectations. It sounds interesting though. PEACE.

mr_nothin

Banned
LOL OMG
@ 5:53 that guy on the motorcycle trips on his own foot and falls off the bike
:lol :lol :lol
will upload gif in a min..

Gek54

Pimpwerx said:
Looking better than the first vid, but still some room for improvement. I wonder how good the video is b/c the GDC demo showed a lot of details down to tire nubs. I don't see it in these vids. It's a great-looking product, but it'll be forever saddled by high expectations. It sounds interesting though. PEACE.

You dont see tire nubs? The models are as detailed as they have ever been.

Raistlin

If they can simply improve the sparks (and maybe the mud spray a little bit), and add in some proper LOD/blurring ...

... I'll take it as is. Lighting, models, texturing all look great to me!

Onix said:
If they can simply improve the sparks (and maybe the mud spray a little bit), and add in some proper LOD/blurring ...

... I'll take it as is. Lighting, models, texturing all look great to me!

Well they've got alot to add according to the guy in the Gamespot interview. There's only 7 cars on screen in the demo while the final version will have 20 in the single player and atleast 16 online.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Tiger said:
Sony was claiming again and again that those were "real time" game videos. They were not calling them "target renders" at E3 2005. I remember that clearly because I hoped to God it was true.
I think the only thing you're remembering clearly is that you hoped to God it was true. The rest, you're just filling in the blanks. In point of fact, they didn't specifically call them target renders *or* real time at last E3.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Tiger said:
Was DarienA attempting to suggest i'm an Xbot? *que rolleyes*

You won't have to wonder if I'm calling you an Xbot or not, if I WAS calling you an Xbox you'd know, really. I'm simply saying that I haven't seen much of this "I call out every company when they lie" before from you.

Tiger

Banned
DarienA said:
You won't have to wonder if I'm calling you an Xbot or not, if I WAS calling you an Xbox you'd know, really. I'm simply saying that I haven't seen much of this "I call out every company when they lie" before from you.
Or maybe you just haven't seen every single post i've made on GAF before.

If you were to search for it, you'd see me railing against Microsoft for their lying about the percentage of 360's that are actually defective. I called them on their bullshit 3-5% figures in various threads, even as recently as a month ago. The numbers are higher than they are willing to admit and I wish they'd admit the real figures, and extend the warranty of everyone who bought one at launch to a full year.

Edit: Here is a link if you're curious to see how truly fair I am about all game companies. I call it like I see it. That is one of many posts I made in that thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2960698&postcount=95

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
mr_nothin said:
THX!

Here's that guy on the motorcycle tripping over his own foot and in result...causing him to crash. :lol
motor-trip.gif

:lol :lol that is great!

mr_nothin

Banned
Better.gif

Bigger and slower :)
After further examination, it seems that when his legs hit the ground it "snatches" him . It makes hist upper torso and head hit the ground harder, lol.
Amazing...

EDIT:rehost

I said it before and I'll say it again., this will be the best multiplayer game for Ps3 (playing with firends not online for me) it just screams fun time.

:lol thats awesome. I really hope this game delivers on the gameplay, cause the graphics and physics are all there. This, Resistence and Warhawk should make for a great launch (they are all making launch, aren't they?) After this, we need to get a AquaStorm outta evolution.

Ninja Scooter said:
:lol thats awesome. I really hope this game delivers on the gameplay, cause the graphics and physics are all there. This, Resistence and Warhawk should make for a great launch (they are all making launch, aren't they?) After this, we need to get a AquaStorm outta evolution.

That's certainly what we are told so far about launch. It sucks that HS didn't make it, but then it's better for a more polished fined tuned game in the long run anyway.

DSN2K

people are gonna continue to point out the fact it dont look like the CG from before but in its own right it looks very good.

Rhindle

The small size of these videos is a bit deceptive and make the game look more acceptable than it really is.

It's a real jag-fest in person, unlike most of the other PS3 demos which are super-sharp. It looks like the game is rendering at something significantly lower than 720P.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Rhindle said:
The small size of these videos is a bit deceptive and make the game look more acceptable than it really is.

It's a real jag-fest in person, unlike most of the other PS3 demos which are super-sharp. It looks like the game is rendering at something significantly lower than 720P.
it looks pretty good in gamespot's HD cam videos. Actually those videos look the best IMO, as you can actually see texturing detail is there and motion blur is not used to hide crappy textures. However if the game renders at less than 720, and was displayed at 1080p TVs = recipe for a jaggy output indeed.

I agree that most PS3 demos seem pretty sharp looking. Looks like at least the SCE games so far have aniso filtering too. HS has it for sure, Resistance, Warhawk and Untold Legends almost for sure, Motorstorm is the only one where I can't quite tell due to motion blur.

jax (old)

Banned
DSN2K said:
people are gonna continue to point out the fact it dont look like the CG from before but in its own right it looks very good.

there was areas in the MS trailer orginially released that were ingamish and these so far have matched those. If anyone thought that the helicopter shots + crash killing the cyclist shot was ingame then, the only people they can blame is themselves.

someone grab that bit off the original trailer that was ingamish and post the gif here. You'll quickly see that Motorstorm E3 2006, has met the visual target.

plus from GDC 2006 ---> E3 2006... they're really owned the haters.

jax (old)

Banned
lol. i grabbed the HD interview with the motorstorm dude. its pretty funny .. a lot of it has to do with the combo of the scottish? interviewer and also the motorstorm dude. He was pretty funny.

Game looks brilliant running in the background.

Definitely the most underrated + biggest surprise at the show.

what did he say when asked about a free roaming?

"Playstation's godlike but launch is quite close (with laugher)" Time marker 06:25

:lol :lol :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
typhoon said:

:lol

Its the fucken motorbike riders that are completley getting owned :lol. I can't wait to play as one though, try to zip in and out of traffic while getting ahead of the pack.

BlueTsunami said:
:lol

Its the fucken motorbike riders that are completley getting owned :lol. I can't wait to play as one though, try to zip in and out of traffic while getting ahead of the pack.

It really is going to be a amazing game to play online with atleast 15 others drivers. You can see the appeal of playing with the bikes or ATV's but the downside of both is really big since it's clear that people will be trying to run you over or run you off the road if you're driving them. This could be potentially huge for Sony with the proper marketing. In a time when everyone is just doing copy cat racing games this is the complete opposite of those.

Top Bottom