• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm @ E3 Playable!!!

20 cars in one race..... Holy shit!

16 cars online.....Damn!

I would like to see other environments though, without the mud but with dry sand for instance. Or snow. But the man is right. With one environment there is less reason to do concessions.

This game also screams track-editor btw.:)

Yoboman

I've been saying this game could be huge, and amazing ever since I heard about the defomration stuff at E3. About time you guys caught up :D

Here's Evolution talking at E3 last year about what one of the tracks in this game would be

Letting slip more details to Playstation.com, Martin enthuses about a velodrome style track that's to be set within the crater of a valcano. "You're right upset the vertical sides of the crater", he enthuses, "and you'll have rocks falling past and everything."

This is what a velodrome looks like

velodrome18fr.jpg

xaosslug

MotorStorm could quite possibly be the offroad equivalent to Gran Turismo in terms of super, mega hit status.

Also, may be too soon to tell, but so far seems Sony's REALLY stepping up with their 1st party spanking new IPs.

I am very impressed, personally.

PS2 KID

typhoon said:

OUCH! I feel sorry for all the ATV and motorbike riders. They are going to get killed!

Should set up a race with only ATV and bike riders and have them slug it out. That'll remind me of Road Rash.

Yoboman

xaosslug said:
MotorStorm could quite possibly be the offroad equivalent to Gran Turismo in terms of super, mega hit status.

Also, may be too soon to tell, but so far seems Sony's REALLY stepping up with their 1st party spanking new IPs.

I am very impressed, personally.
I agree, it seems every playable 1st party title was generally very well recieved at E3

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Udde said:

:lol

The nudge by the buggy caused the rider to go off balance and plung nose first into the ground. That freakin rocks. Motorbike riders are going to be flying all over the place.

Elios83

Don't you think that phisics give replayability in a certain way to this game?:D
I mean,every time you can try to cause different crashes.It's real phisics so every little difference in the dynamic can produce different results.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Every new clip that shows a dirtbike or quad rider getting owned makes me love this game more...

Udde said:
Hahaha. That's awesome.

Motorstorm is like the sleeper hit of the show. It wasn't even there at first, then it shows up to a mildly-warm reception because of the less-than-target-CGI graphics, and yet as the show ends and is now over, videos are slowly coming out of absolutely killer and hilarious looking gameplay.

Has anyone seen aliasing whatsoever? This game looks very very slick. I think a lot more subtle effects are going on without people noticing it.

BlueTsunami

PjotrStroganov said:
Has anyone seen aliasing whatsoever? This game looks very very slick. I think a lot more effects are going on withou people noticing it.

Not sure, Rhindle stated that you notice alot of jaggies seeing it in person or something (not sure if Rhindle is at E3...the way he worded how he viewed Motorstorm, it seems as though hes there).

I haven't noticed that much in the HD videos i've seen.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
This game is too much :lol

Warhawk and Resistance also look pretty nice :)

This is where Nintendo and Sony have an advantage over MS....they are really strong 1st and 2nd party-wise....

jax (old)

Banned
the motorstorm clips are awesome moments of intense rivalry + chaos. I wish I could make the gif because there were some awesome stacks in the gs videos.

not really visible in those videos is just how the mud slicks onto the vehicles and how they catch light. That little graphical trick combined with the HDR is pretty impressive looking

BlueTsunami

SolidSnakex said:
ATV getting revenge on the buggy....somewhat

13210000368.gif

:lol:lol

I just love that the whole point of this game is to play dirty, trying to bump other racers around and making them crash, just to get ahead to win the race. That GIF also reminds me of a kamikaze attacks, memories of BattleField2 coming back to me....:D

Tr4nce

BlueTsunami said:
:lol:lol

I just love that the whole point of this game is to play dirty, trying to bump other racers around and making them crash, just to get ahead to win the race. That GIF also reminds me of a kamikaze attacks, memories of BattleField2 coming back to me....:D

Motorstorm reminds me of Smugglers Run, especially that buggy :D

pestul

Oh snap! In that last gif.. poor poor fate for the bike driver.. :lol

Hmm, on second inspection I think the bike just stopped at the barrier and the tire from the truck flew by... still hilarious physics.

not to nit pick, the game looks great.
but i've spotted a flaw.

ms.jpg

Note how the window is up but the dude is poping out of not only the window, but thru the door.

jax (old)

Banned
CurlySaysX said:
but i've spotted a flaw.

ms.jpg

Note how the window is up but the dude is poping out of not only the window, but thru the door.

All i have to say to that pic.. is it might but a mistake but OMFG.. how detailed is this game?

the more I see.. the more I want this game like NOW.

please don't fuck this up

please please please please

FtsH

CurlySaysX said:
but i've spotted a flaw.

ms.jpg

look at the positive side, the driver can react in realtime to the racing condition:lol

........they should add an animation in which the driver brakes the window first........

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
CurlySaysX said:
but i've spotted a flaw.

That settles it... this game obviously now sucks....

Wollan

That's actually just hyper-realism. The exhaust pipe has burst and fills the truck with gas. He's just coming out to breathe.

jett

D-Member
:lol This game is INTENSE, I'm amazed they've managed to get that close to the action witnessed in the CG trailer. Next-gen total.

teiresias

The HD videos of the game I've seen do show some shimmering and some jaggies, it looks like there's no AA being applied at this point, not sure if there will be, did anyone ask the developers when they were there.

It doesn't look bad by any stretch, it just looks more digital and less "natural" then the lower-res videos and the gifs make it look.

megateto

CurlySaysX said:
but i've spotted a flaw.

ms.jpg

I think that the guy on the truck is giving a finger to the buggy.

Wollan

Im getting a weird known vibe from this game. It's kinda like SSX for the PS2 launch.
You've seen it sort of been done before, but there's just definetly something very next gen and over the top with this one. And that's awesome.

one thing that i've noticed is that the colour-palette looks kinda cartoony compared to last year's target render. maybe they will fix this as development goes further but the target-render looked more realistiv in terms of colour and contrast and HDR etc...

Looks good but not $650 good. It's just one ATV game, and doubt it has much scope.

GDC_06b.jpg
's next gen ATV for the scope. Rainbow's games you can easily dump 100+ hours into.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The kamikaze video looks incredible. I love how the physics are just totally everywhere.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
The kamikaze video looks incredible. I love how the physics are just totally everywhere.

The online should be insane. Destruction Derby time, and I don't care if I lose. I'm fucking people up!

:D

Top Bottom