• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MotorStorm @ E3 Playable!!!

Mrbob

SolidSnakex said:
13411032591.gif

Wow that is nuts.

I think many of us are going to be eating some major crow over the PS3 come November.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
motorstorm23ft.jpg

this is probably from a newer built but i guess they didn't show it because maybe it had a lot of glitches or something...(the picture is from the trailer)

btw they still didn't add real time deformation in the demo...it was there but it was kinda glitchy and stuff. plus it was missing the smoke effects... :p plus 6 more months of dev time....

I wonder if that picture is real-time or not? And if it's not I wonder if the final game will look like that? If so color me impressed.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kleegamefan said:
Oh shits did the door from the truck just hit that car and cause him to careen off the road????

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Naw, you can tell the car was out of control before the door of the truck hit the car. What I find crazy is how the door is flying through mid air and its also casting a shadwo (check under the door as its flying through the air) :lol

At first I didnt think those "Big Rigs" really fit in with the other vehicle classes in an off-road game like this, but up close in that bumper view they seem pretty damn fun and intimidating even. Gonna be a trip riding a dinky little ATV in bumper cam and having those monsters pull up on your rear. Surround sound should be great. :D

BlueTsunami said:
Naw, you can tell the car was out of control before the door of the truck hit the car. What I find crazy is how the door is flying through mid air and its also being self shadowed (check under the door as its flying through the air) :lol
It looks like the car is trying to dodge the door but then it can't quite reach the ramp.

I've to say that I'm quite impressed with how everything moves and behaves, even though it's still early. There's so much non-prescripted stuff going on at the same time that it seems like every race could be a different experience. The game needs more than twelve tracks though, or larger ones at least.

Aizu_Itsuko said:
I've to say that I'm quite impressed with how everything moves and behaves, even though it's still early. There's so much non-prescripted stuff going on at the same time that it seems like every race could be a different experience. The game needs more than twelve tracks though, or larger ones at least.

In some ways 12 tracks look bad, but then you look at the videos and see how random everything is and it looks like those 12 initial tracks could do the trick. There are multiple paths plus with the deformable surfaces you can't drive it the sameway each time you play unlike 99% of other racing games. And if it isn't enough you can always download tracks. :)

SolidSnakex said:
In some ways 12 tracks look bad, but then you look at the videos and see how random everything is and it looks like those 12 initial tracks could do the trick. There are multiple paths plus with the deformable surfaces you can't drive it the sameway each time you play unlike 99% of other racing games. And if it isn't enough you can always download tracks. :)

I totally forgot about that option. I guess they could help overcome game launch-itis with downloadable tracks.

goomba said:
Motion controls?
I believe in a minor supporting role. Tilt being used to taunt was mentioned.

Who knows about actual steering. Once developers get comfortable I'd wager that most racing games will offer tilt steering as atleast optional, even if they feel that analog control is a bit better for their game and the default choice.

Kittonwy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

More tracks down the line through download.
gladtomeetya.gif

Too many tracks would likely be a waste of resources even. The game is set in a single climate, after all, so there reaches a point, a sort of soft cap, where each additional track will lose its appeal opposed to if each of those new tracks was offering a new climate too. They'd be better off concentrating on adding a ton of depth to the race tracks and atleast one massive free-roaming environment to mess around in.

Kittonwy

Banned
KyanMehwulfe said:
I believe in a minor supporting role. Tilt being used to taunt was mentioned.

Who knows about actual steering. Once developers get comfortable I'd wager that most racing games will offer tilt steering as atleast optional, even if they feel that analog control is a bit better for their game and the default choice.

Can the tilt be used to lean for bikes and ATVs?
gladtomeetya.gif

I don't believe it does currently but they have the ability to do that if they so choose. They'd likely want to re-bind Taunt elsewhere though so the two don't conflict through the natural tendency to to both move and tilt the controller a bit at the same time.

demi

acousticvan said:
I doubt that you actually asked the producer. It doesn't make the statement true if there is no evidence to back it up.

You annoy me already. I was standing right next to Robby as the guy was rambling his schpiel off.

I am the evidence to back up his claims.

Pimpwerx

demi said:
You annoy me already. I was standing right next to Robby as the guy was rambling his schpiel off.

I am the evidence to back up his claims.
If you were the evidence to back up OJ, that bitch would be in jail right now. You are about as reliable as a hooker with lockjaw. PEACE.

demi

Pimpwerx said:
If you were the evidence to back up OJ, that bitch would be in jail right now. You are about as reliable as a hooker with lockjaw. PEACE.

Why would I defend someone who's guilty? Seems pretty absurd.

The Drugs Will Set You Free

Aren't you a teacher? Why would you promote something like that? Bizarre.

Kuroyume

Banned
The graphics do look worse when they're not seen in 259x142 gifs. The game would also look more fun with faster speed...

nataku

The speed looks just fine on the rock/dirt sections, IMO. The mud can't really be all that fast because then it won't seem like mud...

kenta

Has no PEINS
Kuroyume said:
The graphics do look worse when they're not seen in 259x142 gifs. The game would also look more fun with faster speed...
Well then you might want to hit up the motorcycles or quads!

Pimpwerx

demi said:
Why would I defend someone who's guilty? Seems pretty absurd.

The Drugs Will Set You Free

Aren't you a teacher? Why would you promote something like that? Bizarre.
Because I use drugs...as do a lot of teachers...and just plain a lot of people, period. Then again, I don't really think weed is much of a drug, so the rest of my habit is fairly inconsequential. But back on topic, you suck. PEACE.

demi

I can't believe this type of trolling is allowed, such blatant name-calling.

Maybe I should do a couple lines of coke and pretend OJ didn't commit murders instead. Peace?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
demi said:
I can't believe this type of trolling is allowed, such blatant name-calling.

Maybe I should do a couple lines of coke and pretend OJ didn't commit murders instead. Peace?
I don't think OJ did it but....

Carry along back on topic.:D

kaching said:
The real world is pre-rendered now? What? ;)

That and hey, when I say that pre rendered intro is pre rendered you come in to bash me saying its THE REAL WORLD.

It makes me wonder why you didnt feel the need to correct those who are thinking it is ingame.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Fishie flop oog said:
Amazing render then. Even better than what they produced last year.

Edit: I'm still having a hard time believing that's anything but real-world videocam footage

Top Bottom