• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

You sure?

I popped into my local GAME today and the manager told me the event actually ended on the 24th (GAME's website lists the 28th), so they couldn't print it and had no pre-printed left.

Wasn't best pleased, guess I should of went earlier :(

Wow that's pretty shitty, I definitely got mine today and it was printed through the till there and then. There was at least 3 others in-store at the same time getting codes too.

Ahnez

Uh.. I already got one earlier this month, but my sister also wanted a mew, and couldn't find a code anywhere..

So.. If anyone has a spare NA codes, I would be very grateful. No problem if no one can, I can give her mine in this case

Dalamar86

Sorry about my grammar... I'll just be going back to lurking now.

grandpa-simpson.gif

Canon

Banned
I need a Mew code too. I can give download codes for Super Mario Bros. + The Legend of Zelda (NES) for Wii U in exchange. Hell I can give you a few of them. PM me.

(North America)

dc89

You sure?

I popped into my local GAME today and the manager told me the event actually ended on the 24th (GAME's website lists the 28th), so they couldn't print it and had no pre-printed left.

Wow that's pretty shitty, I definitely got mine today and it was printed through the till there and then. There was at least 3 others in-store at the same time getting codes too.

Wow.

I picked up a code today when I bought a Pokemon Yellow download code. I don't usually shop at GAME, but when I saw I could get a code for Mew I just bought the download code for Yellow whilst I was in there.

javac

Went into GAME yesterday and picked up two Mew codes, one for me and one for me brother. Glad that guy wasn't like "sorry it's the 26th, too late!" he just smiled and gave me them, but not before taking my details down for my rewards card! I got a whole 0 points for my transaction but I bet that it went towards his quota. Seemed like a nice guy in any case, he asked me how many I wanted and I froze like a deer in headlights, asked for three for my two brothers and myself and he was about to comply until he remembered that he can only give two, that will do.

ConceptX

Damn.

I've e-mailed GAME's customer support, I'll see what they say but I'm not hopeful.

It wasn't like I just went in for just a code either I bought the Bravely Second CE.

If anyone is out to get a UK code today and manages to grab a few, I'd be very grateful for one.

Kallor

the 24th was the last day? what the fuck!!

Can anyone hook me up with a code? I'll find someway to hook you up with something in return. (eventually)

Wanderer5

I didn't realize they were having special plushies for each mythical pokemon this year.:eek:

Guess I missed the Mew one at gamestop, through the smaller plush that still at the Pokemon center is cute.

Would be interested in Darkrai and maybe Arceus.

hitmon

I tried calling customer support and the response was since it's outside the promo they told me they won't be able to get anymore mew codes. I should have just called them up during the first week when Gamestop ran out.

Zenaku

I have Japanese 3DS's, but if I get a UK copy of XYORAS and run it via regionfree, will I be able to get the Nintendo Network legendaries without a UK NNID?

If not, I may need to get another couple of sets of Mews to trade later down the line.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You sure?

Wow that sucks, their website and the store both had 28th dates here. I went into Game around lunch time today (or yesterday now looking at the time) to pick up a 3DS, Omega Ruby, and a Mew code, they printed one off for me there and then.

There was apparently no copies left of normal Omega Ruby or 3DS chargers, so I got the big boxed version that has the little plastic Pokeball for the lower price and the charger for free. In the time when the guy was sorting it out a bunch of people came in and got codes, they were letting people take more than one too. Real shifty on the guys in your game if they were just bullshitting you.

Wow that sucks, their website and the store both had 28th dates here. I went into Game around lunch time today (or yesterday now looking at the time) to pick up a 3DS, Omega Ruby, and a Mew code, they printed one off for me there and then.

There was apparently no copies left of normal Omega Ruby or 3DS chargers, so I got the big boxed version that has the little plastic Pokeball for the lower price and the charger for free. In the time when the guy was sorting it out a bunch of people came in and got codes, they were letting people take more than one too. Real shifty on the guys in your game if they were just bullshitting you.
The leaflets that were distributed in some stores said the 24th. Other sources said the 28th. I can see why some stores ended it on the 24th. Honestly this distribution was very poorly organized with some kind of problem in many countries.

Hoping to find a Mew code in the US somewhere. I'm back on the Pokemon train after the eShop R/B/Y release and just saw this thread (and noticed I missed the 1st event by a few days).

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Guys who do I call to get a US Mew code from Nintendo Support? I don't want to miss the Mew boat.

mclem

How much of one of these games would I need to play to open up the ability to acquire these? I'm sort of playing through the series very slowly, but I'm tempted to skip ahead a bit (Probably to ORAS, since that's not a huge leap in the natural progression) to secure them.

you would need to get the national dex which usally doesn't come till the end of the end of the game/post game

with ORAS you could power though, it's not that very hard and could be done in a couple sittings

Right, as an update and a further query:

I have done, well, nothing towards this: DQ6 took rather longer to finish than I was expecting, and I'd still like to play the postgame - and after that, I'd like to take a break from RPGs for a bit (I've got XCX ongoing on the Wii U at the same time!). I have secured a Mew code, and purchased a second-hand AS and OR, with an X on the way - but I've made no actual play progress.

However, these are second hand - they have saves on them. I'm hoping the saves are sufficient to collect these and then I can actually play at my own pace.

OR is in Mauville City, and has five badges. That's probably not possible.
AS, however, has eight badges and is in Mirage Cave, which sounds viable.

I'd like to:

Dump OR's monsters on AS.
Wipe OR.
Use AS to collect the mythics.
Play OR when I'm ready.

As spoiler-free as possible (my last Pokemon was FRLG!) can someone answer this:

What's the best way to:
Get AS to a place where it can trade. I assume OR can do it right there.
Find out if AS can indeed collect these Mythical Pokemon
And finally, is there any tying acquired Pokemon to NNID or anything that may hinder this plan?

JoeM86

With all the Mythical events that US/Europe is getting and Japan isn't, I hope the narrative of "Japan gets everything, we get nothing" ends. I'm fed up with seeing all the borderline racism whenever I post an event

Zenaku

Any chance someone can check if the Pokemon is obtainable with another regions 3DS and region free? I'd like to know before getting an EU copy of a game (though I could probably borrow my nephew or nieces 3DS if region free doesn't work)

So I went to my local Gamestop and asked nicely for a code and they had some left and gave me one. I asked if I could have some extras to do some good and the nice guy there gave me 5.

What's the etiquette here for giving out codes? NA only I'm afraid.

Top Bottom