• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

Halfmunch

So I went to my local Gamestop and asked nicely for a code and they had some left and gave me one. I asked if I could have some extras to do some good and the nice guy there gave me 5.

What's the etiquette here for giving out codes? NA only I'm afraid.

I would love a code if you have any left?

Fireblend

Banned
So I went to my local Gamestop and asked nicely for a code and they had some left and gave me one. I asked if I could have some extras to do some good and the nice guy there gave me 5.

Send one to me. It's only proper.

Just kidding. I'll be happy to apply for one whatever way you decide to choose to give them away though :p

DrStiles

If I could grab one that would be amazing

Kinsei

Banned

Anything you want. You can do a quiz, give it to the first four people that quote you, hand pick who to give it to, and so on.

If you do it by quote then skip over me. I already have a Mew.

Anything you want. You can do a quiz, give it to the first four people that quote you, hand pick who to give it to, and so on.

If you do it by quote then skip over me. I already have a Mew.

Ok thanks. Just making sure I'm not violating some unwritten rule. I just sent to the first four people that asked and I have one left.

I'm about to go to GsneStop. What do I have to do? Just ask for a code and then leave?

I called them first to make sure they had them but yep, that's what I did.

Ok all distributed by PM to the first five people that asked. My good deed for the day done. If you live in a less populated area remember to call your Gamestop, ask nicely if they have any left and try to grab some extras for those who don't have access to one!

Just got a Mew code for EU thanks to ebay :( Nexttime I will just go to Gamestop to get it myself. The new distribution works by just selecting recieve gift via internet?

mclem

well, that's the only way for a pokemon who's purpose is exactly to not exist in games outside of official distributions.

The next event should be starting tomorrow, right?

Someone posted on the previous page that Celebi was up now in EU.

webster1

Neo Member
I was told by a game stop employee on the 10th they ran out of codes in my area. I don't get why there are so few serial, the gamestop manager said it's so they can get more people in... The March and April distribution is online so there isn't a finitie number... But not everyone can goto the game stop down the street at opening first day and get there damn code.

ilium

I found out about this yesterday and wanted to go to GS today but the event ended on the 24th?! It's still february ffs! :(

IzzyF3

I found out about this yesterday and wanted to go to GS today but the event ended on the 24th?! It's still february ffs! :(

It's a while supplies last promotion, so there are scalpers on eBay as well. I wonder why they didn't do it like how they did the DS gen promos with network distribution. You'd still have to go to GameStop, but it was distributed wirelessly. Granted, I just drove up to the store, get my Pokemon and leave, but I can't imagine that being such a problem that they'd mass print these code cards.

And I wonder why they didn't make sure Mew was available all Pokemon Day. Get fans to the store to get Mew and spend money on their exclusive Mew plush and such.

Cathcart

But Pokemon Day on Saturday was promoted worldwide. Gamestop was having promotions for it in a bunch of its stores with posters and a Pokken pre-release tournament.

Yeah. I mean it kinda makes sense. It's just weird because of the huge release delay. But it's kinda like having a party for the day your parents found out they were pregnant.

Then again, if that gets me more legendary pokemans I guess I'm for it.

webster1

Neo Member
It's a while supplies last promotion, so there are scalpers on eBay as well. I wonder why they didn't do it like how they did the DS gen promos with network distribution. You'd still have to go to GameStop, but it was distributed wirelessly. Granted, I just drove up to the store, get my Pokemon and leave, but I can't imagine that being such a problem that they'd mass print these code cards.

And I wonder why they didn't make sure Mew was available all Pokemon Day. Get fans to the store to get Mew and spend money on their exclusive Mew plush and such.
I was told of a duplication trick but all in all people goto a store and may buy something. Stores had single carts sent to them for the distribution period (so one cart for the four months) and based on the system date they sent monsters. I guess in theory people could have gotten all the monsters in one go to the store but most employees don't know how to change the time on the 3ds.
I picked up a gen 5 cart from a store... It's useless other than hey look... Since I already had 6 copies before the distribution period ended.

I was told of a duplication trick but all in all people goto a store and may buy something. Stores had single carts sent to them for the distribution period (so one cart for the four months) and based on the system date they sent monsters. I guess in theory people could have gotten all the monsters in one go to the store but most employees don't know how to change the time on the 3ds.
I picked up a gen 5 cart from a store... It's useless other than hey look... Since I already had 6 copies before the distribution period ended.

I remember back when I was a teenager they had Nintendo Australia distributing Mews at shopping centers throughout metro areas. It used some custom Super Gameboy to forcefully trade a Mew to an open spot on the lineup. Anyway, when it got to the end of the day, the queues had diminished the helpers there let us stock up on them and we filled boxes with them on our carts because Mew could learn ANYTHING and back in those days you didn't have the move helper or shit like that.

The next day we went to the next center to just hang out and chill with all the new friends we met hanging out and then the power went out. Nobody could claim a mew. Except the four of us who showed up had fucking hundreds of these mews in our boxes. So we pulled out our link cables, told the kids to catch a Pidgey and we spent the day trading away our boxes of Mews. We got them back at the end of the day when the power came back but damn that day was crazy.

Yeah. I mean it kinda makes sense. It's just weird because of the huge release delay. But it's kinda like having a party for the day your parents found out they were pregnant.

Then again, if that gets me more legendary pokemans I guess I'm for it.

Haha, good way of putting it.

Caayn

Live in Europe

CcZNjjUW0AA_-dG.jpg
Thanks for the heads up, just downloaded my share of Celebis.

So happy that this one doesn't require one of the idiotic codes and can just be downloaded via the Nintendo Network.

soccergod

Banned
I really wish these pokemon werent level 100. It does nothing but screw over people who want to play the actual game with them, Even end game there is no point in playing with a level 100 mew, and i dont battle onling

HeadsUp7Up

Got an extra Mew code for North America. Quote me if you need one and I'll PM you. Also I found a Gamestop in Dallas that still has them, not sure how many though but you can call and ask.

9208 E R L Thornton FWY, STE 205 B, Dallas, TX 75228

(214) 660-0787

Canon

Banned
Got an extra Mew code for North America. Quote me if you need one and I'll PM you. Also I found a Gamestop in Dallas that still has them, not sure how many though but you can call and ask.

9208 E R L Thornton FWY, STE 205 B, Dallas, TX 75228

(214) 660-0787
Damn. Missed it.

If you happen to go there again, if you get an extra I will send you some digital VC games as thanks. :p

Top Bottom