• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

Ok, so over here, Genesect is being distributed through the Nintendo Zone at Gamestops for some reason.

How does that work? Never done it before. I go there with my 3DS and persumably a pokemon game in it. I connect to the Nintendo Wifi? What then? How do i actually get the damn Pokemon? No info on that on the gamestop site lol

Danielsan

Ok, so over here, Genesect is being distributed through the Nintendo Zone at Gamestops for some reason.

How does that work? Never done it before. I go there with my 3DS and persumably a pokemon game in it. I connect to the Nintendo Wifi? What then? How do i actually get the damn Pokemon? No info on that on the gamestop site lol
If it's anything like it's here with Gamemania you take you 3DS to the Gamestop, you connect to the Nintendozone from the homescreen of your 3DS. You click on the Genesect code and then you can email the code to yourself (directly from the page), bookmark the page, take a photo of the code / whatever. You don't need to have your pokemon game in the 3DS.

mhayes86

Still looking for a NA Genesect if anybody has one... ;_;

Was Genesect difficult to get a hold of throughout the country? I went to a Gamestop last weekend and an employee said that they were getting significantly less codes, that the cards still haven't been received, and that they were only offering one code per customer now (I was getting 4 to use with X,Y,AS,OR each month). They printed me off 2 codes (one for me and my wife) on a receipt. I went to another Gamestop immediately after and had two more codes printed on a receipt.

Thank goodness December's is a Nintendo Network download.

If it's anything like it's here with Gamemania you take you 3DS to the Gamestop, you connect to the Nintendozone from the homescreen of your 3DS. You click on the Genesect code and then you can email the code to yourself (directly from the page), bookmark the page, take a photo of the code / whatever. You don't need to have your pokemon game in the 3DS.

Ok, thanks. Will try out this weekend.

Marz

Hey any peeps wanna add me on friend safari?

1203-9378-1364

Cant remember whats in my safari, my save got deleted.

OnFire331

alright so here the breakdown for the giveaways:

for Giveaway #1

1) FalcolnXcrunner09
2) Gengharrr
3) Shalashaska161
4) OnFire331
5) Thequietone
6) Samstrike
7) Anoxida
8) Spiritreaver
9) NobleGreenBeast
10) MrPhiliasfrog
11) redmetal86
12) Rrongfield

Giveaway #2 (Oddly enough not even 5 participated so everyone gets a code!)

1) The Creator
2) Yagami_Sama
3) ionitron

and finally for giveaway #3 the winner is.....*drumroll*

image.php

Jayne

congrats to all! will be giving out the codes starting now!

Thanks for the Genesect code. Now I just need to get a Volcanion one, anyone has a spare?

Iceman829

Was Genesect difficult to get a hold of throughout the country? I went to a Gamestop last weekend and an employee said that they were getting significantly less codes, that the cards still haven't been received, and that they were only offering one code per customer now (I was getting 4 to use with X,Y,AS,OR each month). They printed me off 2 codes (one for me and my wife) on a receipt. I went to another Gamestop immediately after and had two more codes printed on a receipt.

Thank goodness December's is a Nintendo Network download.

The codes they can print on receipts are unlimited. I've seen them scan off a dozen or so on a single receipt. It usually comes down to who is serving you. I usually just ask for a few and I've received anywhere from 2 to 8 in my travels

Kneefoil

Ylu got Bug with Butterfree and Masquerain...cant see your third yet.
That's kind of funny. I just caught a Caterpie while waiting for your safari to appear, and was going to get a Metapod and Butterfree in order to get a living dex at some point.

Yours is a poison safari with Venomoth and Cascoon. Third one is still a mystery for your safari as well.

I still have 4 codes of Genesect to trade.
All unused. Acquired four cards. I actually just want a Volcanion code to trade if anyone has one. And then I'll giveaway codes once I get more at Gamestop in the near future.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I've got 3 extra UK Genesect codes going if any of you guys fancy them.

EDIT: All taken

Credo

Magearna QR code for Sun/Moon going to up on December 5th (happy birthday to me)
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-magearna-in-pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

You have to complete the main story to get the QR scanner ability.

I wonder if that'll be a limited time thing. I was planning on playing through Final Fantasy XV before starting Pokemon Sun/Moon, but I might put that off if the Magearna offer will just be a one-week long thing or something like that.

I wonder if that'll be a limited time thing. I was planning on playing through Final Fantasy XV before starting Pokemon Sun/Moon, but I might put that off if the Magearna offer will just be a one-week long thing or something like that.

They're giving it some time:
Don't worry if you haven't completed your game by December 5—the QR Code will be live on Pokemon.com until March 5, 2017.

Jayne

alright so here the breakdown for the giveaways:

for Giveaway #1

1) FalcolnXcrunner09
2) Gengharrr
3) Shalashaska161
4) OnFire331
5) Thequietone
6) Samstrike
7) Anoxida
8) Spiritreaver
9) NobleGreenBeast
10) MrPhiliasfrog
11) redmetal86
12) Rrongfield

Giveaway #2 (Oddly enough not even 5 participated so everyone gets a code!)

1) The Creator
2) Yagami_Sama
3) ionitron

and finally for giveaway #3 the winner is.....*drumroll*

image.php

Jayne

congrats to all! will be giving out the codes starting now!

Thanks a lot for your generosity, dude. You ARE AWESOME!

Do these codes expire? I have a North American Mew code somebody gave me many many months ago that I'm fairly certain is still unused. I have Japanese copies of XY and ORAS though so I can't check.

denx

Do these codes expire? I have a North American Mew code somebody gave me many many months ago that I'm fairly certain is still unused. I have Japanese copies of XY and ORAS though so I can't check.

Codes expire. And yes, those Mew codes expired long ago. :(

Top Bottom