• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store $5 Flash Sale (RDR, Max Payne 3, GTA 4, Guacamelee!, MK, Spec Ops, more)

No money on my CC.

I was able to get RDR so even if I just get that it was worth it.

If I could I would get Spec Ops The Line and Max Payne 3.

kick51

Banned
I enjoyed it a lot back in the day, but I'm not sure how good is the HD version (I'm assuming this is an HD version).

It's a fun brawler with cool targeting mechanics and a decent story. The presentation is also nice (voice acting/cutscenes).

nah, it's a PS2 classic, not a HD vers

Another sale coming soon?
moresalehorz.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/02/ps-store-flash-sale-5-games-this-weekend/#comment-978095

is that person related to Grace chen?

Windforce

Of the games listed here that are multi-platform... aren't most of them better on the 360? There are a few here that are very tempting, but I think I'd rather have them on the 360. Even if they cost a little more.

I guess the ones that I'm specifically asking about are Red Dead: Redemption and Darksiders.

The biggest gap in performance would be RDR, but still not enough to stop people from getting it for only $5. It's a great game even on PS3.

Last but not least: PSN TROPHIES!!!!!!!1! :D

Might jump on this deal for the first Bioshock.

I want to get Red Dead since I've heard good things, but I'd want to have the DLC too. Might just get a physical copy instead. :/

bender

What time is it?
Might jump on this deal for the first Bioshock.

I want to get Red Dead since I've heard good things, but I'd want to have the DLC too. Might just get a physical copy instead. :/

I wasn't fond of Undead Nightmare at all. It's interesting from a narrative standpoint but the missions were all completely forgettable. Also taking over all the territories was an exercise in tedium. The rest of the DLC is multiplayer focused except for a few weapons that carry over to single player. I'd wait if you want to see what that's all about. The base game is great though.

StewboaT_

As someone who couldn't finish GTA 5 due to boredom, would I find any enjoyment out of RDR? Five bucks is hard to pass up, but I've made this mistake in the past with Puppeteer.

BladeSinner

Neo Member
Ugh had to do it. Got

RDR
MP 3
LA Noire

While I was at it, I also saw sales on and picked up

Wolfenstein ps4
P4G

My wallet hates me :-D

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
As someone who couldn't finish GTA 5 due to boredom, would I find any enjoyment out of RDR? Five bucks is hard to pass up, but I've made this mistake in the past with Puppeteer.

You'll be even boreder(not a word but still) unless you love westerns or you get highly invested in the story.

Ri'Orius

Excellent! I've been meaning to play Guacamelee for some time now. I've still got some FFX to wrap up, and I was planning to jump straight into X-2 once I'm done, but I should be able to find time for Guacamelee...

Flandy

You'll be even boreder(not a word but still) unless you love westerns or you get highly invested in the story.

I'm not into westerns nor did I find RDR story very interesting, but boy did I love that games world. Seriously, it was just so immersive riding around the horse doing whatever I wanted. I loved it

StewboaT_

Thanks, I think I'll pass then. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on Guacamelee, just wondering if waiting for the eventual ps4 port would be a better move.

jf DOOM

Picked up
RDR
LA Noire
The Raven

I love these surprise sales. I usually pick up at least 2-3 whenever they have these flash sales.

GeekyDad

Did RDR, GTAIV, LA Noire, and Bioshock, all games, believe it or not, I haven't yet played. Kinda got $240 worth of games for $20. Was like a good day of yard-sale hunting.

Ahhh! Well, guess I'll finally play LA Noire and MCLA to go with the Golden Week stuff, though IDK how I feel about losing online and if my inner trophy whore will be salty over not being able to get them. I hate online trophies...

Glad I read up on MX vs ATV: Alive before buying. No single player campaign (or whatever you want to call it) and just two figure 8 courses to race on over and over again before unlocking any more. No thank you. I guess I'll grab my copy of ATV Offroad Fury for the PS2 for my ATV fix. Or maybe Pure for the PS3.
Midnight Club worth it?
I can't vouch for the PS3 version but I grabbed the 360 version for $5 a couple months ago and it was fantastic. I mean, if you know what you're in for - arcade style point to point racing in an urban environment. Ya know, classic Midnight Club stuff.

Kind of want Guacamelee, but there is a Super Turbo Championship Edition coming soon ....

Well Drinkbox said they're looking into a discount if you already have it

+ RE_Player on March 6th, 2014 at 7:05 am said:
Possible discount for people who bought the game on PS3/Vita? Even if you can’t I’ll pick this up again. Gotta support great games and Toronto developers.

+ Graham Smith on March 6th, 2014 at 7:24 am said:
Hey everyone, this is Greg from DrinkBox. We’d really like to offer the game at a discount and we’re investigating the possibility.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...r-turbo-championship-edition-coming-to-ps4-2/

Bought red dead because I never finished it and only own the 360 version. I know ps3 version is worse but my 360 is stored away and I never use it.

Also mini ninjas because that game is hard to find cheap. Considered la noire but I have the PC version..

God fucking dammit Sony! I just spent 45 dollars on games from the japan sale...I really wanna try Max Payne 3 tho..My wallet..

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ouch, this backlog is getting heavy.

I have most of those, but I'll jump on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Spec Ops: The Line.

Top Bottom