• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Champion Kyrie Irving is a flat Earth truther

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTLance

Ya know, ...

The fact that we can even joke about something as fundamental as this roughly 2000 years after some beta guy with a brain, a friend and a stone pillar during summer solstice mathematically determined the shape and even the circumference of the planet within a tiny margin of error (66km!) is so goddamn fucking depressing. One thousand seven hundred years. Humanity was a mistake.

I mean, at least vaxxers can point to the relatively modern origins and easily obfuscated nature of the issue they're vomiting words about, but for fucks sake, anybody with even the remotest of interests can verify the rough shape of the surface we're dwelling on with a variety of easy experiments/observations.

Like this one. (Dat map. Arrrrgh.)

Yeah, I'm mad. Someone hand me my medication.

So what's the reason for it being hidden that it's flat?

Just the government and NASA trying to work out how many people are sheep and believe everything they're told?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
One of my co-workers is an intelligent and well educated adult and she is a for hard flat earther. This stuff isn't about intelligence and it's barely about education.

She may seem intelligent and well educated...

Servbot24

Banned
Why is it a different time of day in China than in the US right now according to flat earthers?

Or is everyone not in my time zone just in on the hoax and trying to trick me

Takuan

He's a pure idiot. His point is as dumb as saying the earth is flat. He's a celebrity, makes $100 million, is on the one of the best NBA teams in the country, possibly a top 15 NBA player on Earth, and he thinks he making this statement wouldn't generate any news?

Why is he so dense?

Isn't his point that it's ridiculous it's news at all?

But when does a troll say he or she is trolling. To hide the fact its not a troll?

Someone post that Hogan work and shoot pic please.

Pomerlaw

BwZd3P_IEAABF66.jpg

H3xum

Can I ask just the most basic of questions and maybe you guys can help me by answering it in a way that won't completely make me lose my faith in humanity....

What do the flat earthers say about the satellite shots from space...you know, that show a round earth?

I...just....I want to know

Takuan

Can I ask just the most basic of questions and maybe you guys can help me by answering it in a way that won't completely make me lose my faith in humanity....

What do the flat earthers say about the satellite shots from space...you know, that show a round earth?

I...just....I want to know

Fake.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Why isn't there one single picture of this flat earth

what do satellites do when they reach the end of this flat earth? pacman style teleport to the other side again?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah Kyrie seems the know his place in the world..
I don't think he does.

He makes it sound like he's just some random guy, so why would his dumb opinion be news, but he's not some random guy. The reporter made it very clear why it would be worthy of news multiple times and all he had to say was "does it matter, though".

Yeah, it matters.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Isn't his point that it's ridiculous it's news at all?

Yes that's his point. I'm saying that's a stupid point to make of him. Of course it's "news" in the same way people report on Kim and Kanye's eating dinner at a restaurant while he wears some exclusive Yeezy sneakers. It was just "celebrity news". It wasn't actual NEWS news.

Future

It's people like this that remind me why people believe the nonsense trump spouts. It's the same "everything is a consipiracy" and "can't trust facts" mentality

Takuan

Yes that's his point. I'm saying that's a stupid point to make of him. Of course it's "news" in the same way people report on Kim and Kanye's eating dinner at a restaurant while he wears some exclusive Yeezy sneakers. It was just "celebrity news". It wasn't actual NEWS news.

I don't think he was asserting that it was "NEWS news", only that it was considered relevant enough for media outlets to report on it and for people to talk about it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I don't think he was asserting that it was "NEWS news", only that it was considered relevant enough for media outlets to report on it and for people to talk about it.

Yeah, but what would he expect? He said it during NBA All-star weekend. And he is an NBA All-star. And it was talked about on sports TV shows, podcasts, and radio.

What's the catch?

Takuan

Yeah, but what would he expect? He said it during NBA All-star weekend. And he is an NBA All-star. And it was talked about on sports TV shows, podcasts, and radio.

What's the catch?

He expected people to talk about it, and he thinks it's silly. It really doesn't need to be more than that.

he's not trolling. he said some dumb shit, somebody probably talked some sense to him, and now he's walking it back.

....you have to be a really serious warriors fan or 'lolsportsball' person to not realize he was just trolling and playing with the media. him saying the world is flat knocks me as no different than who tom hanks thinks you should vote for in the presidential election. stop caring about the opinions of people because they're successful in wildly unrelated factions.

....you have to be a really serious warriors fan or 'lolsportsball' person to not realize he was just trolling and playing with the media. him saying the world is flat knocks me as no different than who tom hanks thinks you should vote for in the presidential election. stop caring about the opinions of people because they're successful in wildly unrelated factions.

YOU HEAR THAT YOU'RE ALL WARRIORS FANS NOW

i love sports and i'm not a warriors fan. meanwhile, you have an irving picture in your avatar. i don't think you want to talk bias.

Two Words

He could be trolling or he could be an idiot. I see no reason why I should assume he is trolling. Him acknowledging a flat earth is scientifically impossible if he is disregarding science. Plenty of people do this "oh I know that science says this, but I don't recognize science as trustworthy" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom