• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Npower Championship (Xbox 360, FIFA 12)

mshlive

Hey just an update, I messaged DodgeAnon for the third time tonight because he was on playing Mass Effect 3 asking when he would be free to play. His reply was to remove me from his friends list so I think it's safe to say he's dropping out...

Slizz

Hey just an update, I messaged DodgeAnon for the third time tonight because he was on playing Mass Effect 3 asking when he would be free to play. His reply was to remove me from his friends list so I think it's safe to say he's dropping out...

Wow, weird.

Awesome, I think there was a willing anxious replacement.... Make sure if he's in he plays both his games like ASAP one after the other.

iXx AnDy

Neo Member
Im in... im replacing DodgeAnon as Cardiff City? if this is the case then i am 2 play Crystal Palace 1st game followed by Birmingham, already have Birmingham player on FR, Expoze bein a fellow club member, will need 2 throw Palace player a FR ready 4 first game. Any probs, let me kno...

iXx AnDy - xXv AnDy

ATF487

Blackpool 1 - Crystal Palace 1

78' Angel (Blackpool)
90' G. Murrary (Crystal Palace)

I had one of those games where I was shit, but converted my only real chance. elsk bossed me in midfield, and despite scoring a 90th minute equaliser, I still think a draw was a harsh result on him. I'll take a draw, though!

iXx AnDy

Neo Member
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Cardiff City

A closely contested game which saw Palace apply a lot of early pressure, Cardiff chances were few and far between, a Whittingham free kick was saved onto the crossbar with the follow up cleared 4 the corner. A counter attack from the resulting corner lead to the goal with Zaha racing down the wing to provide Murray with a volley from 6 yards which Marshall cud do nothing about.

A great opening game... GG Sikaffy

elsk

Banned
Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Cardiff City

A closely contested game which saw Palace apply a lot of early pressure, Cardiff chances were few and far between, a Whittingham free kick was saved onto the crossbar with the follow up cleared 4 the corner. A counter attack from the resulting corner lead to the goal with Zaha racing down the wing to provide Murray with a volley from 6 yards which Marshall cud do nothing about.

A great opening game... GG Sikaffy

Yes, that free kick was insane!

Goal: G. Murrary (Crystal Palace)
Assist: Zaha (Crystal Palace)

Blackpool 1 - Crystal Palace 1

78' Angel (Blackpool)
90' G. Murrary (Crystal Palace)

I had one of those games where I was shit, but converted my only real chance. elsk bossed me in midfield, and despite scoring a 90th minute equaliser, I still think a draw was a harsh result on him. I'll take a draw, though!

Was a very nice game, I couldn't convert my chances. Your defense was very good.

Just adding that the assist for my goal was from Jonathan Williams (Crystal Palace).

mshlive

Cardiff City 0 - 0 Birmingham City

Pretty boring game overall, very few chances and just couldnt break each other down.

Gg andy

iXx AnDy

Neo Member
Cardiff City 0 - 0 Birmingham City

Stale mate of a game, braggin rights on the line and no delivered for either team, chances 4 both teams were rather limited. A close game nonetheless...

GG Expoze

x

ShogunX

All the matches of the first two weeks are done, right?

Think we are missing - Bristol City v. West Ham United to complete the week.

Messi and McNei1y need to get that sorted and we can roll on with the next fixtures as well as Animals updating and amending the table :)

Slizz

It's crazy that within like minutes of DodgeAnon pulling some shady shit, the new guy comes in and does work. Good stuff andy.

Awesome be sure an update the craziness that just went on.

elsk

Banned
I may have to drop soon, my xbox live gold is ending in a few days and I don't have money to buy one right now.
But I'm hopping to finish at least two more matches!

ShogunX

Me and Elsk got our week three game in early as his account will be running out soon -

Anyway - Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Leicester

Not the greatest game of Fifa I have ever played and Elsk had the biggest chance of the game but luckily my defender blocked his shot on the line with Schmeicel in no mans land. Bit disappointed with Delfouneso who had a free header in the dying seconds of the game and decided to dive underneath it (WTF). Game was a bit scrappy with both teams having decent spells of pressure.

Connection was stable but noticeably unsmooth but that's just the way it goes with these things. Once thing is for certain Elsk loves tapping that pressure button :) Surprised any of my lads had shirts on their backs by the end of the match lol. Hope you can keep your account going Elsk and we can have the return leg when it comes around.

elsk

Banned
Pretty boring match from both sides :p and my striker is a fucking joke btw :(
yes, I hope I can find the money for the gold card!

Guys, I leave the thread for a weekend, and this happens? WTF?

elsk, is there any way I can gift you a month of xbox live?

I'll update the OP soon, then figure out what is going on, and we can continue to soldier on.

mshlive

I'll update the OP soon, then figure out what is going on, and we can continue to soldier on.

I think it's for the best, Andy actually wants to play and I have no idea why DodgeAnon signed up!

Are we all ok to just crack on with our next fixtures detailed in that link?

I think it's for the best, Andy actually wants to play and I have no idea why DodgeAnon signed up!

Are we all ok to just crack on with our next fixtures detailed in that link?

Yea go for it, I'll make sure to post the updated table and stats by the end of the night, and update the OP to include the next two weeks fixtures. I'd have it done already, but I'm incredibly hungover.

elsk

Banned

That's what happens when you get drunk the whole weekend :p

I don't know if MS still sells the xbox live gold 1 month prepaid cards :/ at least they don't in amazon anymore just 3 and 12 months. But thanks man!

DaNcaKe

Brighton 5 - 0 Middlesbrough

Goals:
Mackail-Smith (2)
Vokes
Vicente
Hines (OG)

Assists:
Vokes
Mackail-Smith
Vicente
Buckley

A quick-fire brace before half time helped set up a pretty comfortable win for Brighton. Vicente bossed the midfield, stringing a few decent passes that led to goals. My finishing was pretty dire at times but I created enough chances to see me through the match.

Good game.

McNei1y

Sorry. I've been lurking here the past few days and I meant to post but I've been so backed up the past few days with school and work.

I am good to go this week though.

ATF487

Blackpool 0 - 1 Birmingham City

90' Zigic

Missed who got the assist, sorry. I thought the game was set for a classic nil-nil but Zigic had a good near post goal in the 90th. Also thanks for playing me immediately, I'll need to double check time zones before scheduling games again

mshlive

Birmingham City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Goals (Assists):
Zigic (Mutch)

A really high tempo game with plenty of chances for each side with a bit of dodgey finishing on my part. I thought I had blown it when my keeper brought down LuaLua but then made it 2 out of 2 penalty saves this season ;)

Towards the end I managed to create a good few chances with players tiring so they couldn't handle the pace of Burke or Reddmond and finally made the breakthrough in the 90th minute.

Quality game, gg.

Alright, all the table and statistics are up to date. A few games had assists that went unrecorded, so try and keep track of those so one of your players doesn't get screwed!

Fintan and iXx AnDy, I got you guys this week, so if you see me online let me know, I'll be on pretty much every night from 6:00 EST on!

DaNcaKe

Alright, all the table and statistics are up to date. A few games had assists that went unrecorded, so try and keep track of those so one of your players doesn't get screwed!

Fintan and iXx AnDy, I got you guys this week, so if you see me online let me know, I'll be on pretty much every night from 6:00 EST on!

• Need to sort the table by points!
  • Own goals aren't really recorded so don't worry about that table
  • My GD is out by +6
Good job otherwise :)

Wow, crazy game.

Middlesbrough 2 - 2 Derby County

Middlesbrough - 3' L. Jutkiewicz (Emnes)
Derby County - 34' S. Davies
Middlesbrough - 44' F. Haroun (Emnes)
Derby County - 90' N. Tyson

Within the first five minutes of the game Jutkiewicz of Middlesbrough hammered in a shot from outside the box for a quick 1-0 lead. Once Derby County settled it became an assault on Middlesbrough keeper Steele. He stood on his head quite a few times, but eventually Davies received a fortunate bounce to have the ball at his feet for a shooting opportunity which he finally capitalized on. Right before the half, Middlebrough created a counter attack opportunity down the wing and after a nice ground cross, Haroun buried the ball into an open net. Halftime statistics appeared in Derby County's favor in every category but the only one that matters.

The second half continued to see the attacking play from Derby County, but they could not finish. A hard press by Derby County's striker Tyson created a 90' opportunity after the keeper misplayed a ball outside the box. After not being able to get a second goal, Derby County was gifted one from Lady Luck to finish the game at a 2-2 draw.

Good Game Fintan, I still feel bad about that tying goal :(

Fintan

Yeah it was a really good game. The first two goals were great. After I scored early I was pretty much on the backfoot for the rest of the half. I did sneak that second goal at the end of the first half. You dominated the second half to be fair. I was almost caught out by the keeper running out of his own accord earlier in the second half except that time he also decided to take it upon himself to clear the ball. I wasn't so lucky later on. What can you do though; these things happen.

GG!

McNei1y

Brighton def. West Ham 3-0

Vokes had all three goals.

It was a good game but I can't figure out how to get away from pressure. Only had three scoring opportunities vs his six+.

Cardiff City 1 - 0 Derby County

Cardiff City - 12' B. Turner (D. Cowie)

After a 12' corner, Cardiff City converts early with a beautiful headed goal by Turner. Derby County once again demonstrates that possession and shots does not mean victory as the fail to convert any of their chances.

GG iXx AnDy, and thank you for jumping in to replace the dropout.

DaNcaKe

West Ham United 0 - 3 Brighton

Goals:
S. Vokes (60', 64', 75')

Assists:
Vicente (2)
C. Noone

Brighton struggled in the first half and relied wholly on their keeper pulling off decent saves to keep them in the tie. The second half was a lot more comfortable though after two scrappy goals were scored. Vokes in the right place, at the right time yet again.

iXx AnDy

Neo Member
No probs Animals, shame about the match shaped up to be quite attacking early on then everything seemed to fizzle out. I couldn't get past that Shackell at the back, and coupled with a few last ditch tackles/interceptions on my part made the game quite dull. Shame...

(GG Animals)

CCFC 1 - DCFC 0
Turner 12
Cowie Assist

Gah, I'm going to lose my shit. My keeper probably has the worst stats in this league. And then in UT and H2H my keepers decided they aren't going to make saves anymore either! It's unbelievable how bad the ebs and flows can be in this POS game.

/rant.

I'm so glad FIFA Street comes tomorrow.

Portsmouth 3-1 Cardiff City

Another good game, could have (and should have) been so many more goals in this one for both sides. Cardiff never really got the clean cut chances that I got and in the end that was the difference.

Goals:

Portsmouth-
L. Varney x 2
E. Huseklepp

Cardiff City-
D. Cowie

Assists:

Portsmouth-
L. Varney
E. Huseklepp
L. Lawrence

Cardiff City-
R. Earnshaw

iXx AnDy

Neo Member
Portsmouth 3 - 1 Cardiff City

A game I just don’t comprehend. One pass seemed to split my defence wide open (a defence which had only conceded 1 goal previously) the game saw Pompey create chances from nothing which from what I can gather seemed to confuse my defence. A hapless display of defending allowed Pompey to score 3 and probably should have been more. On that display I find it difficult to understand how Earnshaw is a professional footballer (Terrible first touch, lack of composure and unwillingness to make a creative run) coupled with the rest of the team being unable to complete a 3 yard pass only aided Pompey to the victory. A terrible performance from myself, not to take anything away from Willkiller who took advantage of such a poor performance.

How the F*** Cardiff got through to the Carling Cup Final is beyond me.

I think Cowie scored with an assist from (S***C***) Earnshaw

GG Willkiller

elsk

Banned
Slizz, sorry, I was talking in the phone when you msg'd me and later I forgot about it :/ my Gold is gone. I still have the 48h code you sent me, so send me a PM when you want to play so I can redeem it first.

Portsmouth 2-0 Blackpool

Man that must have been frustrating for ATF! I defended pretty well and he got no lucky breaks to start creating chances. Midway through the second half Huseklepp was robbed of a stunning goal by the bar. Getting to the business end of the game and I was leading 1-0, a late penatly sealed the win.

Good game!
Goals - Varney x 2
Assists - Huseklepp

ATF487

Portsmouth 2-0 Blackpool

Man that must have been frustrating for ATF! I defended pretty well and he got no lucky breaks to start creating chances. Midway through the second half Huseklepp was robbed of a stunning goal by the bar. Getting to the business end of the game and I was leading 1-0, a late penatly sealed the win.

Good game!
Goals - Varney x 2
Assists - Huseklepp

Was thoroughly outplayed in this, you could have had 2 or 3 more goals. Sometimes the direct approach works but not today

ShogunX

Leicester 3 - 0 Birmingham.

Goals - Beckford, Defouneso and the Goal machine known only as P-KON.

0,,10274~9868927,00.jpg

Assists - Danns, Delfouneso x 2

Report - Deadly finishing proved to be too much for Birmingham whose tactics of playing down the wings to utilise Big Zig didn't pay off on the night. Sadly for the Brummies P-KON has just got back from the local police station after being accused of kidnap. Not only did he score a top corner screamer of a penalty but he had the speedster Burke in his back pocket.

A nice back post header from Beckford and a cool finish from Delfouneso saw Leicester run into a 2-0 lead before half time. After some changes for Birmingham the game become a lot closer until Delfouneso was recklessly hacked down in the last minute of the game leading to a penalty.

Cometh the Hour Cometh the man rang around the stadium as P-KON stepped up and wiped the sweat from his brow. A couple of steps and a boot later we had what would be surely a contender for goal of the season. A penalty that not only sent the keeper the wrong way but one that will be down in Leicester folklore. TOP BIN the crowd screamed and Leicester wheeled away with another victory and another clean sheet.

Good game Expozee.

3370536-308367-dollars-in-his-back-pocket-jeans.jpg

mshlive

Leicester 3 - 0 Birmingham

Got battered, nothing fell for me so couldn't create any decent chances bar one so a bit of a frustrating game.

Good Game.

Rikkun

Oh Jesus do I have to play two matches, fuck I started Uncharted 2 so I didn't check my 360 that often and I forgot.

PS: I sent a message to Messi but was away, McNei1y still has to accept my friend request. I'll be aviable tomorrow, from 17 to 20 GMT+1, please let me know here if one of you will be aviable because I'll be playing Uncharted :p

Slizz

Reading and Crystal Palace, I'll be home for majority of the day including now. Let me know if either are down to play.

McNei1y

Oh Jesus do I have to play two matches, fuck I started Uncharted 2 so I didn't check my 360 that often and I forgot.

PS: I sent a message to Messi but was away, McNei1y still has to accept my friend request. I'll be aviable tomorrow, from 17 to 20 GMT+1, please let me know here if one of you will be aviable because I'll be playing Uncharted :p

Apologies. I'm available all day.

McNei1y

Bristol City 1 - 1 West Ham United

Bristol City:

Goals- Adomah (19')
Assists - Pearson

West Ham United:

Goals- Cole (78')
Assists- Carew

Messi

Bristol City 1 - 1 West Ham United

Bristol City:

Goals- Adomah (19')
Assists - Pearson

West Ham United:

Goals- Cole (78')
Assists- Carew

On 2nd review this goal takes a MASSIVE deflection from Faye sending it away from the keeper. Not sure if it is still Adomah's goal.

Must have missed this, send me a pm here and ill turn my xbox on.

Great game, felt like I could lose at any moment.

Rikkun

uff, I'm sorry I wnet out for the third and last time to celebrate my birthday, this is the last time I promise. If you're still awake/aviable we can play. You'll also win easily cause I'm not really in shape, drunk too much. But if you're aviable let me know, so we can end this week!

Messi

uff, I'm sorry I wnet out for the third and last time to celebrate my birthday, this is the last time I promise. If you're still awake/aviable we can play. You'll also win easily cause I'm not really in shape, drunk too much. But if you're aviable let me know, so we can end this week!

Yeah I am not playing you when you are drunk, its not fair.

Top Bottom