• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Npower Championship (Xbox 360, FIFA 12)

Rikkun

Well... that was a... strange game.

0-0 against Messi, and I feel I was lucky... his shots never landed in my door. At some point my midfield broke down, so I had to start the game from the defenders directly to the strikers. I even managed to hit the post with a slomo shoot, Messi's GK on the ground.

GG anyway, as it started I was ready to lose!

Messi

Bristol 0 Leeds Utd 0

This game was a heartbreaker for me. So many chances to score 1 on 1 with the keeper and put it wide. Bristol's striker is truly awful :p. Oh and Leeds missed and open goal deep into 90+, it hit the post to be fair. I felt if that had gone in it would have been truly heart breaking.

Also David James got a Perfect 10 for man of the match, well deserved too. 75% of the highlights at the end menu were his saves.

Well... that was a... strange game.

0-0 against Messi, and I feel I was lucky... his shots never landed in my door. At some point my midfield broke down, so I had to start the game from the defenders directly to the strikers. I even managed to hit the post with a slomo shoot, Messi's GK on the ground.

GG anyway, as it started I was ready to lose!

So did I, lol. 3 Games, 1 loss and 2 draws will do that to you. Also having played 3 games and yet to score a goal with one of my own team sucks. own goals fail :(

McNei1y

uff, I'm sorry I wnet out for the third and last time to celebrate my birthday, this is the last time I promise. If you're still awake/aviable we can play. You'll also win easily cause I'm not really in shape, drunk too much. But if you're aviable let me know, so we can end this week!

Hey. Let me know what you want to do about our game!

McNei1y

Leeds United 1 - 2 West Ham United

West Ham United Goals:

Carew - (13')
Nobel - (41') Penalty

Leeds United Goals:

Becchio - (64')

West Ham United Assists:

Cole
Taylor

Leeds United Assists:

Lonergan

Rikkun

Leeds United 1 - 2 West Ham

13' Carew (Cole)
41' Noble (penalty)

64' Becchio (McCormack)

I could achieve more, I need to stop giving PKs away :(

Anyway GG McNei1y, you deserved to win :D I'll go watch some Top Gun now gentlemen :D

Slizz

Gibbo! Lets do our match ASAP. I'm available now, available tomorrow afternoon.

Elsk, I dunno what to do, you only have 2-days of XBL lol. Play every game you have scheduled in 2 days? =P

DaNcaKe

Brighton 2 - 0 Leeds Uniited

Goals:
S. Vokes (31', 88')

Assists:
C. Mackail-Smith

Not a lot happened during this match, it was pretty much a stalemate in the midfield. Leeds were unlucky not to take the lead after some early pressure culminated in them hitting the crossbar.Brighton broke the deadlock after a bit of luck saw a deflection from a long range effort leave Vokes 1 on 1 with the keeper. Last goal was a counter attack after Leeds were trying to get something from the match.

Good game.

Rikkun

Brighton & Hove Albion 2-0 Leeds United

2x Vokes

For Week 5

Once again I didn't score, fml. And again, I hit the crossbar. In the end it was easy for Dancake to counterattack since I went all in, so he scored the second goal. Deserved anyway, feel free to say if I forgot anything (like the assists, I didn't take note..)

EDIT: strongly beaten :(

Sorry everyone! It's been a busy week. I'll try and get everything updated ASAP! Girlfriend is in town and I've had shit going on every night after work.

Slizz

Southampton - 2 Portsmouth - 1

Goals:
3' Guly(unassisted)
34' Huseklepp(unassisted)
90' Lambert(Do Pardo assist)

After 2 failed attempts with disconnections early we managed to play a full game. Scored an early goal on a good defensive play/glitchy pass. Huseklepp was beasting and almost scored a couple of goals. Lambert's first touch on the last goal went right in front of Willkiller's defender and it was pretty much done.

DaNcaKe

Reading 0 - 1 Brighton

Goals:
S. Vokes (49')

Assists:
C. Mackail-Smith

Yet another close encounter. Missed a couple of glorious chances myself but my keeper made a wonder save to keep it 1-0 late on. Both teams MoTM were defenders and that says it all about the game really; tight at the back with chances restricted.

Good game.

Gibbo

Reading 0 - Brighton 1
(Vokes 49'. Smith with the assist)

Reading would have lost by more than a 1 goal margin if not for some fortunate but shaky defending by the reading defence. Half time ended in deadlock, with Brighton having 5 shots at goal to Reading's 1 ;Fair testament to the latter's uncertain defending which always looked on the verge of breaking to pieces. Brighton finally broke the deadlock in where Vokes sped past my final four after a neat one-two with Smith and rifled and unstoppable shot past Federici. Reading never looked like coming back after that, with Brighton taking control of the midfield; and with man of the match L.Dunk leading their back four.

mshlive

Birmingham City 1 - 0 Bristol City

Goals (Assists):
Fahey (Zigic)

A pretty tight game overall with few clear chances. From my side of things I was getting forward quite well but couldn't find that killer pass or finish.

Good Game.

I've got one more game to play, my 5th fixture vs Southampton. Can we get a big update of the OP please? Before we get too far behind with scores etc.

Alright, Table, Stats, and Fixtures are updated through this post

I'm working on updating goal scoring and assists, and then will post fixtures for weeks 5-10.

Also, I think elsk's live ran out, but once that is confirmed I will edit his games out of the league because it is the only way it is fair to those who have and haven't played him.

Alright, I'll be around all day for anyone who wants to get their games against me in!

Sorry for being so behind in updating the OP. Busy week, but things should be settled down for the next few weeks. Let's do this!

Slizz

Alright, Table, Stats, and Fixtures are updated through this post

I'm working on updating goal scoring and assists, and then will post fixtures for weeks 5-10.

Also, I think elsk's live ran out, but once that is confirmed I will edit his games out of the league because it is the only way it is fair to those who have and haven't played him.

Alright, I'll be around all day for anyone who wants to get their games against me in!

Sorry for being so behind in updating the OP. Busy week, but things should be settled down for the next few weeks. Let's do this!

elsk's XBL has in fact run out.

Also Portsmouth v. Southampton in Week 6 was played already. You registered the goals and assists but didn't cross it out under fixtures.

Fintan

Has FIFA 12 been patched recently? I played it yesterday with a friend and we both agreed that it felt different and bad. Maybe it's in my head...

Wow am I mad! Just realised the sudden drastic drop in form for me in the past month is thanks to my brother changing my settings from semi to manual without telling me or changing it back. Cunt.

Ah well, hopefully this means my passing accuracy will go up from about 30% now!

Edit: Good game though Shogun, I had to change to ultra attacking at half time to try and get goals back so I was really weak in defence. Well played.

Edit 2: First game using my defaults again, my god that felt so much better. I knew there was a reason I dropped from Division 1 to Division 4 in four seasons.

Can we start the league again please? :p

ShogunX

Portsmouth 1 - 5 Leicester

Good game Willkiller. Conceded my first goal of the league and to be fair it was a very goal RB shot from outside the box. As per Beckford and Delfouneso caused a number of problems for the opposition defence and Delfouneso ended the match with a hat trick.

MOTM = Paul Konchesky.

Goals -
Delfouneso x3
Beckford
Johnson

Assists -
Beckford x 2
Nugent x 2

Portsmouth goal - L.Varney,

ATF487

Derby, Portsmouth, Cardiff:

I can play tonight, or tomorrow night, after 6:00pm EST. After that, I won't really be free until the weekend

DaNcaKe

Brighton 2 - 2 Crystal Palace

Goals:
Vicente (23')
M.Jedinak (26')
S. Vokes (45')
D. Ambrose (90')

Assists:
L. Bridcutt
G. Murray (2)

Well, the clean sheet streak finally ended tonight after a good attacking display from Crystal Palace. Palace may have had the majority of the chances early on but Brighton had the better of them, with just the woodwork denying them taking the lead. The deadlock was soon broken though with Vicente firing home from outside the box. Pretty much straight from the kick off Palace passed Brighton off the park and tied up the match.

Vokes scored on 45 minutes and after that Brighton seemed to win the power struggle in the midfield. However, the last twenty minutes saw attack after attack from Palace and they eventually found the equaliser during injury time after Casper "Butterfingers" Ankergen parried a stinging shot out to Ambrose who couldn't miss from 3 yards out.

A draw was a fair result, even if it was painful to concede in the last minute!

Good game.

I am on my phone at the moment I will edit in a write up tonight or tomorrow :)

Brighton 2-2 Crystal Palace

Goals

Vicente 23"
Jedinak 26"
Vokes 45"
Ambrose 90"

Assists

Bridcutt 23"
Murray 26"
Deflected shot from Smith 45"
No Assist 90"

Was a good game and stole the draw at the end :p

Slizz

Crystal Palace - 2 Southampton - 2

Scorers:
Lambert(2)
Murray(2)

Assists:
Guly

Weird game we both should have capitalized on some easy goals but fucking Championship just doesn't want you to.

Crystal Palace - 2 Southampton - 2

Scorers:
Lambert(2)
Murray(2)

Assists:
Guly

Weird game we both should have capitalized on some easy goals but fucking Championship just doesn't want you to.

This! I should have scored with the last kick of the game but Murray is a dick :/

Is there a GAF pro clubs or anything? I really enjoy playing clubs but this year my friends ran out of steam to keep it going till the end of the year.

Edit : Also I do have a headset :)

elsk

Banned
Good luck, Quiche!

btw, use Jonathan Williams as AM (as "#10" behind the striker). He's a talented youngster. I believe he's the first one in the reserve list, so you have to move him to the bench, or first team, before the match starts. He's very good.

Good luck, Quiche!

btw, use Jonathan Williams as AM (as "#10" behind the striker). He's a talented youngster. I believe he's the first one in the reserve list, so you have to move him to the bench, or first team, before the match starts. He's very good.

Cheers! I have kept your unbeaten run going haha!

If anyone wants to just play a friendly feel free to message me on XBL or PM me here and I will switch on my xbox...forgot how good this game was!

Top Bottom