• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM94

Andromeda is top-tier Gorillaz, I'm talking top 3, nah fuck that actually top 5. Forgot about Empire Ants.

NoKisum

I caved. Deluxe Vinyl & Art Book, along with Special Edition 2CD Set
(because I'm weird and still like buying CDs)

I caved. Deluxe Vinyl & Art Book, along with Special Edition 2CD Set
(because I'm weird and still like buying CDs)

Haha same boat. Bought the Deluxe Vinyl and Art Book and have been going back and forth on the CD. Bought all the past CDs (in fact Demon Days was my first CD when I started getting into music). Might try to pick up the CD as an extra on 4.28 at some store.
Happy the deluxe vinyl set is coming with an Art Book. Biggest regret is not picking up Rise of the Ogre.

The beat of Saturn Barz is amazing. Ascension can be easily my 2nd favourite of this batch. I read you guys about how Andromeda was but I didn't like it that much, although I can see the appeal. It kind of sounds Plastic Beach-ishhh, right?

NoKisum

Haha same boat. Bought the Deluxe Vinyl and Art Book and have been going back and forth on the CD. Bought all the past CDs (in fact Demon Days was my first CD when I started getting into music). Might try to pick up the CD as an extra on 4.28 at some store.
Happy the deluxe vinyl set is coming with an Art Book. Biggest regret is not picking up Rise of the Ogre.

Ugh thanks for reminding me. I used to always see it at Barnes & Noble all the time, but didn't have the proper disposable income to get it back then. When Phase 3 stuff started hitting, I went to look for it and saw it was long gone.

Guess I'm trying not to make the same mistake again.

I'm down with Ascension and Andromeda so far. Andromeda feels more like their older stuff, that I love, great stuff.

Course they'll never beat Demon Dayz, that album is untouchtable.

This album is going to be so good.

Andromeda > Ascension > Hallelujah Money = Saturnz Banz > We've Got The Power

Andromeda is one of the best Gorillaz songs made thus far. I've listened to it probably 5 times already.

Welp, as soon as I actually became able to put an order in the thing went out of stock. Oh well, it'll be restocked and I'll have my eye on it the whole weekend. But there's no way I'm not coming for the deluxe vinyl.
No
goddamn
way

Goldboy

I'm weak. Told myself I was gonna wait 'til the album was out but just couldn't help listening to all four of the singles. My ranking is Andromeda > We Got The Power > Saturnz Barz > Ascension. They're all amazing though.

PepperedHam

God damn this shit is great. Saturnz Barz cranking in the headphones is so damn good, that beat is great. Loving Andromeda as well.

If you're in London, you have a chance to see Humanz (the whole album I guess?) performed live.

Pre-order Humanz from the Gorillaz Store before 6am GMT tomorrow, Friday, and be automatically entered into a ticket ballot for a chance to see the band play Humanz live for the first time at a secret London venue on Friday 24th March. Capacity is extremely limited for this special event, and pre-ordering the record does not guarantee you access to tickets. Access to tickets will be made available to a number of randomly selected people who have pre-ordered Humanz*. Successful applicants will be contacted on Friday morning.

Amazon art.
91dq6EeN-dL._SL1500_.jpg

Ascension later this evening with the windows down and the system up will be fantastic.

Exactly.

EXCEPT WHERE THE FUCK IS IT APPLE MUSIC I DON'T PAY GOOD MONEY TO BLAST THE YOUTUBE VERSION THROUGH MY SOUND SYSTEM AAAAAAAAAA

If anyone in the US has a link to it on Apple Music I'd be grateful.

NotLiquid

Hallelujah Money makes so much more sense looking at the album listing now to be honest. It being the penultimate track, followed by We've Got The Power is smart.

B-Ri

Exactly.

EXCEPT WHERE THE FUCK IS IT APPLE MUSIC I DON'T PAY GOOD MONEY TO BLAST THE YOUTUBE VERSION THROUGH MY SOUND SYSTEM AAAAAAAAAA

If anyone in the US has a link to it on Apple Music I'd be grateful.

Just search it and get it on their Artist Page. That's how I did it

They neeeeeeeeed to come to the US. I'll go anywhere to see them

I'd imagine that they'll tour. Maybe sometime this fall, or after Demon Dayz festival. Sincerely hope they wait a few months to announce one though because I'm fuckin broke from paying for concerts,music (and videogames)

Stoze

I like all of them, but for me:

Andromeda >>> We Got the Power > Ascension > Saturnz Barz

Same, though I'd remove the extra greater than signs. Saturnz Barz isn't doing much for me, cool video though.

Gotta be honest though, none of these even come close to touching the full version of "Do Ya Thing".

Same, though I'd remove the extra greater than signs. Saturnz Barz isn't doing much for me, cool video though.

Gotta be honest though, none of these even come close to touching the full version of "Do Ya Thing".

Well that's just unfair lol, letting Andre 3000 go for nine minutes straight was just...whew.

Xrenity

Damn, need to listen to that again.

I'd imagine that they'll tour. Maybe sometime this fall, or after Demon Dayz festival. Sincerely hope they wait a few months to announce one though because I'm fuckin broke from paying for concerts,music (and videogames)

This. I'd imagine they tour soon as well as they will be needing to do press junkets to promote the album.

Not

Banned
The music video for Saturnz Barz is so fucking cool

Blend of hand-drawn ani in 3D space looks so rad when you can move the camera around

Stoze

Well that's just unfair lol, letting Andre 3000 go for nine minutes straight was just...whew.

I mean I'd say the condensed version is better than everything here as well, but I digress. It's one of if not my favorite Gorillaz song at this point so it's hard to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom