• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
schuelma said:
God I hope you are right.
Well Fire Emblem is guaranteed: IS's has a history of churning out FE games plus Shadow Dragon didn't use the entire staff, had a 10 month development cycle and Nintendo held onto it for several months. So unless Intelligent Systems is going through a horrifying developmental hell (for the first time ever) we'll see a Fire Emblem in 2010 probably.

Paper Mario might be coming. Its been 2.5 years since Super Paper Mario and as far as I know the main people haven't been credited on anything else since then.

Advance Wars has a history of coming out every 2 years so it may be coming also! ... or they've been sacrificed to produce things like Dragon Quest Wars :lol

Brazil said:
They still have five SE DSiWare games to go, don't they?
That was a mistranslation.

Somnid

Well seeing as that Super Mario Collection trademark cropped up a while ago it could be that too. Super Mario Collection was used as the name for All-Stars in Japan, but I could see them reusing it. Put all the Marios up to Sunshine on a single disc updating them with NSMB Wii graphics, and adding some Wii enhancments to 64 and Sunshine. Make it another uber package like Prime Trilogy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Captain N said:
lets hope this isn't Wii Will Rock You at it again.
Well, it's official. My next big project is going to be...epic. Fans of @TopHatProfessor certainly won't be disappointed. ;)
5:58 PM Oct 12th from web
@CharlesMartinet, I would take down the tweet about the new Mario game that isn't NSMB Wii or Galaxy 2. That could get you in big trouble!

hmm.. :/

Captain N

ShockingAlberto said:
Does WWRU post anywhere else? If he does and he made a thread for this, then it's certainly him.

I still talk to him..he says he didn't make that thread, but who knows..

bh7812

Banned
Somnid said:
Well seeing as that Super Mario Collection trademark cropped up a while ago it could be that too. Super Mario Collection was used as the name for All-Stars in Japan, but I could see them reusing it. Put all the Marios up to Sunshine on a single disc updating them with NSMB Wii graphics, and adding some Wii enhancments to 64 and Sunshine. Make it another uber package like Prime Trilogy.

I just want to say if they really do bring out an updated Super Mario Collection I would much rather see it on Wii than DS. I think overall they can do much more with the original games on Wii than they would be able to on DS. If they do it on DS, it will come out looking virtually identical to the Super NES All-Stars albeit with a few more slight additions and enhancements. If they do it on the Wii, they can add alot more to those original games and maybe even make parts of them 2 1/2 D. I've always wanted to see what a truly enhanced, updated Mario World would be like and I hope if this is really coming we'll get an answer for that. Although, I think the closest we're going to get for a truly enhanced updated version of that game is going to be NSMB Wii next month. I would like to see them expand Mario 2 and 3 by a bit. With the Wii and the ability to save your progress there's no real reason not to do that. I would like to see a Mario World-like World Map system added into 2 and 3. Mostly just add more levels and worlds to both of those. But, honestly I cannot imagine how much more they can enhance those games on DS. If they do it I think Wii's the best choice.

The other big reason for doing it on Wii is there are a TON of people just starting to be introduced to games with Wii and haven't really played through the Mario games yet. This is a great excuse and reason to put it on Wii. You get people like us buying copies of it plus them too and it'll convert many of those new people into fans :D

batbeg

bh7812 said:
If they do it on the Wii, they can add alot more to those original games and maybe even make parts of them 2 1/2 D. I've always wanted to see what a truly enhanced, updated Mario World would be like

1/2 a D less than what you want.

Oh wait!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
laserbeam said:
I would kill for a true Mario RPG sequel.

what exactly would this entail that would be different or better than the amazing PAPER MARIO games or the MARIO & LUIGI games? different characters? if that's the case, they could just throw in some parts for SMRPG characters in a new PAPER MARIO and satisfy that craving for you. 99% of the ideas present in SMRPG on snes have been expounded and built upon to create far more refined and better games.

beelzebozo said:
if that's the case, they could just throw in some parts for SMRPG characters in a new PAPER MARIO and satisfy that craving for you.

Hey! They should do this!

Booster needs to be in another game...

Kusagari

John Master Lee said:
I hate to admit, but I haven't enjoyed a Mario game in some time. It's partly because there doesn't seem enough new elements to pull me back in. But multiplayer... that's killer. I love the whole concept of working together, while also trying to undermine your opponents as well. I'm getting this day one.

The next Mario game needs to be more like Borderlands.

It does make you wonder what direction that Nintendo could go with Mario for the next title. Mario has done just about......everything :lol

AntMurda

Well Fire Emblem is guaranteed: IS's has a history of churning out FE games plus Shadow Dragon didn't use the entire staff, had a 10 month development cycle and Nintendo held onto it for several months. So unless Intelligent Systems is going through a horrifying developmental hell (for the first time ever) we'll see a Fire Emblem in 2010 probably

Well the GameCube/Wii and Sacred Stone Fire Emblems were developed with a lot of help from sub-companies. Flagship and Engines being a couple of them.

IS often does supplementary work for Nintendo. Meaning Nintendo takes their staff to help develop their own games like Card Hero DS (which is by R&D1) and Wario Ware (also by R&D1).

beelzebozo said:
what exactly would this entail that would be different or better than the amazing PAPER MARIO games or the MARIO & LUIGI games? different characters? if that's the case, they could just throw in some parts for SMRPG characters in a new PAPER MARIO and satisfy that craving for you. 99% of the ideas present in SMRPG on snes have been expounded and built upon to create far more refined and better games.
The return of characters and the world from Super Mario RPG. I loved the whole atmosphere from that game, music, graphics, story.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i wonder who owns the rights to those characters who were unique to SMRPG--square or nintendo. if it's the former, that may explain why nintendo's never used them again.

Somnid

upandaway said:
What are you trying to imply?

Well, while I kinda doubt it relates to whatever this rumor is NOA did show off a new and previously unknown game last week to the press. Impressions are embargoed, I'd assume Miyamoto might announce it formally this Thursday and let the media outlets spill their hands-ons.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
beelzebozo said:
i wonder who owns the rights to those characters who were unique to SMRPG--square or nintendo. if it's the former, that may explain why nintendo's never used them again.
I think Square, since Alphadream had to put them in the credits of M&LRPG1 due to geno being in a Minigame.

To be honest, its most likely no one at Nintendo really wants to use them again, and just don't.

SirPenguin said:
Only people who think they're cool counter-cultures don't use Twitter, duder!

Only Twits use twitter. The name says it all.

twit (twt)
tr.v. twit·ted, twit·ting, twits
To taunt, ridicule, or tease, especially for embarrassing mistakes or faults. See Synonyms at ridicule.
n.

1. Slang A foolishly annoying person.

Somnid said:
Well, while I kinda doubt it relates to whatever this rumor is NOA did show off a new and previously unknown game last week to the press. Impressions are embargoed, I'd assume Miyamoto might announce it formally this Thursday and let the media outlets spill their hands-ons.

Are you referring the the game that IGN got to see last week?

beelzebozo said:
Sakurai implied there was some reason he wasn't using Geno or Mallow for anything in Brawl, despite being heavily requested. It might be legal wrangling.

Geno made an appearance in Mario & Luigi, but Square got a credit at the end.

wRATH2x

Banned
Somnid said:
Whats this about an unknown game?

Nose Master

So, the complete obvious, "a new game with mario in it is coming out!" is worthy of generating ridiculous hype now, too? :lol

[Nintex]

Nose Master said:
So, the complete obvious, "a new game with mario in it is coming out!" is worthy of generating ridiculous hype now, too? :lol
Mario still has a better track record than 99% of the other franchises out there. Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Luigi 3, New Super Mario Bros. Wii - all these games have two things in common: 1: They're Mario games, 2: They're fuck awesome

Nose Master said:

These are the same fans that went crazy over a painting of the next Zelda game. No matter how minor, any indication of a sequel to a major Nintendo property will be met with hye.
And I boarded that train a long time ago

Hiltz

I don't know. I plan on keeping my expectations low for this Mario title until we know more about it.

I already got burned once by setting my expectations too high with Epic Mickey. The game's concept still has me very interested but the first screen shots of the game's graphics have been underwhelming. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment with this next Mario title that could be anything from New Super Mario Bros 2, Paper Mario, another March of the Minis or Mario Party 9, another Mario sports title or even another GameCube Wiimake or a Wiiware port of a Mario franchise like what happend with Dr. Mario.

Zihark

AntMurda said:
Well the GameCube/Wii and Sacred Stone Fire Emblems were developed with a lot of help from sub-companies. Flagship and Engines being a couple of them.

IS often does supplementary work for Nintendo. Meaning Nintendo takes their staff to help develop their own games like Card Hero DS (which is by R&D1) and Wario Ware (also by R&D1).
Just wanted to say I'm surprised there's been no new FE announced yet. Next year the franchise will have its 20th anniversay-and I know they released POR/SS for the 15th anniversary:) I believe April 2010 will mark 20 years since the release of FE 1.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Zhengi said:
New Super Mario Bros 2

51Bs4LPWpaL.jpg

ant1532

Banned
you guys know tons of shitty Mario games come out yearly.... chances of it being an actual good one are like... very not good...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ant1532 said:
you guys know tons of shitty Mario games come out yearly.... chances of it being an actual good one are like... very not good...
We have had quite a lack of games with Mario in them lately. Maybe we will get Mario Golf, or anther Mario vs DK game. Or something brand new :eek:

Top Bottom