• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

Baconbitz

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Shigeru Miyamoto's Twitter is hinting at something too. He mentioned Squareenix in it. I'm guessing the game is Super Mario RPG 2 with Geno returning.
Wait just a minute. Shiggy has twitter.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Baconbitz said:
Wait just a minute. Shiggy has twitter.
I think its a joke unless I can see proof, since Nintendo has already told him he is not allowed to talk about his hobbies to the media anymore :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cow Mengde said:
Shigeru Miyamoto's Twitter is hinting at something too. He mentioned Squareenix in it. I'm guessing the game is Super Mario RPG 2 with Geno returning.

All over my face.

Yowza

Zihark said:
Just wanted to say I'm surprised there's been no new FE announced yet. Next year the franchise will have its 20th anniversay-and I know they released POR/SS for the 15th anniversary:) I believe April 2010 will mark 20 years since the release of FE 1.

http://fire-emblem.com/shadowdragon/interview/interview5.html

Narihiro
Still I should have told you sooner about the upcoming changes. Now Fire Emblem is in its 11th installment, and the character roster expands every time. Just among allies, an additional 50 or so characters keeps getting added. Also even among opposing forces, there’re now a lot of characters whose presence penetrates the game. Overall a huge number of characters have appeared up to this point in the series.

Sakurai
At least 500 just among allies, simply giving all of them names has become a real task, right?

Narihiro
So we’re trying to make best use of the characters we’ve had up to now and from these we’re hoping to be able to produce a new game.

I don't think anyone's even aware of that statement that was made near the end of the Iwata (Sakurai) Asks for Shadow Dragon earlier this year. If you want to skew your perception of "unofficial announcement", then it's quite possible the next Fire Emblem will be some kind of "all star" game.

You know, a game where Shinon and Innes (FE8) smack talk their leader, or Zephiel and Ashnard have an epic fight. Maybe you can finally answer yes to Smash Bros. fans who ask if Marth and Roy (and Ike) are in the game. There's a fair chance his statement was mistranslated or interpreted wrongly, so nothing really to dream about just yet. That April 2010 date is still possible if they decide to announce it a few months before release.

wRATH2x

Banned
Most Mario games are awesome actually, but I was really disappointed with Galaxy and Kart Wii. Their both still great games though.

Baconbitz said:
Not you. Shigeru Miyamoto.

Miyamoto will certifiably break Twitter. With all of the "What's with the next Mario Wii" and "Where is the next artwork of Zelda???" and millions of other Nintendo questions. It wont be just "us" asking him thingies either

Cow Mengde said:

Oh man that would be awesome; SMRPG was one of the best SNES games.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AntMurda said:
Well the GameCube/Wii and Sacred Stone Fire Emblems were developed with a lot of help from sub-companies. Flagship and Engines being a couple of them.

IS often does supplementary work for Nintendo. Meaning Nintendo takes their staff to help develop their own games like Card Hero DS (which is by R&D1) and Wario Ware (also by R&D1).
Yeah, they're kind of a hard staff to keep track of credits wise.

Yowza said:
http://fire-emblem.com/shadowdragon/interview/interview5.html

I don't think anyone's even aware of that statement that was made near the end of the Iwata (Sakurai) Asks for Shadow Dragon earlier this year. If you want to skew your perception of "unofficial announcement", then it's quite possible the next Fire Emblem will be some kind of "all star" game.

You know, a game where Shinon and Innes (FE8) smack talk their leader, or Zephiel and Ashnard have an epic fight. Maybe you can finally answer yes to Smash Bros. fans who ask if Marth and Roy (and Ike) are in the game. There's a fair chance his statement was mistranslated or interpreted wrongly, so nothing really to dream about just yet. That April 2010 date is still possible if they decide to announce it a few months before release.
The interview was from back in August 08, and then in February 09: http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2009/020909b.html
Finally, Narihiro spoke to Fire Emblem's twenty year history and how games have now lost their charm. He would like to create an original Fire Emblem that brings together the best from the series in an all-star setting.
Same guy, same idea. So obviously he's thinking of it at least but I think the implication is that its not being made right now.

Cynar

It's been a while since the last Fire Emblem console game. :( I was not impressed with the FE1 remake due to the awful graphics uses for the character portraits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shiggy said:
He had to remove his entries ;)

The iron fist of Nintendo strikes again.

I think its going to be a DSware or WiiWare thing...

If it is, Miyamoto is giving a keynote at a digital delivery thingy tomorrow, it could be announced there. Not that I want to contribute to carnivals of stupid, but I think its possible.

Question is, what kind of Mario game - with voicework - would be suitable for DD?

Shiggy

radioheadrule83 said:

If it is, Miyamoto is giving a keynote at a digital delivery thingy tomorrow, it could be announced there. Not that I want to contribute to carnivals of stupid, but I think its possible.

Question is, what kind of Mario game - with voicework - would be suitable for DD?

Miyamoto is talking about DD? I believe it is an expo about digital media (videogames etc.) in general, not just downloadable content.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
radioheadrule83 said:

It's the Digital Contents Expo. The actual show isn't specifically for digital distribution. It's all things tech, just in case that is what you were implying by thinkin it's a DSware/WiiWare thing.

Assuming it's anything at all.

EDIT: Beat.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Wrath2X said:
The whole damn Nintendo fan base is a carnival of stupid.

2q00fms.jpg

Top Bottom