• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Game tease

DeaconKnowledge said:
As long as it's not Mario Party i'm ready.

I'm ready if it is Mario Party! Fuck, MP8 came out like a million years ago.

Captain N said:
when was it confirmed to be made by Camelot?

When... they announced it?

Shadowlink said:
Is this even a real twitter account? If it is, then I'm hoping it's Paper Mario 4.

Precision!

Opiate said:
I think Nintendo has re-evaluated this franchise, and upgraded it from "low-mid level franchise to be exploited every year" to "major franchise we need to be careful with."

I'd like to think so. MP is kind of crappy but surprisingly fun nonetheless; some TLC and effort could make it into a very polished, entertaining experience that works well for Nintendo's "playing together" ideal for the Wii.

Then again, I was really hoping that Animal Crossing DS' success would cause Nintendo to re-evaluate that series and polish it into something new and superior, and that didn't happen. :(

sphinx said:
couldn't he be fired for saying this?

Well, one, they're going to fire him and... what? Have Mario stop talking? Yeah, not likely.

Two, "I'm recording voice clips for a game that has Mario in it for some platform" is hardly detailed information. I'd guess he's cleared to say this much. Nintendo doesn't like for actual information about their projects to leak out, and honestly I don't even think this qualifies.

omg rite said:
I really feel like Nintendo dropped the ball and missed a HUGE opportunity. :\

They just strung out a huge opportunity. NSMB sold approximately twenty-seven fucktons, and in 2011 they'll launch the Nintendo QS with NSMB2 and sell another twenty-seven.

I mean, I'd rather they speed it up too (unlike many people I thought NSMB was spectacular) but I think the demand will still be there when they get around to it.

Oli

What I hope it would be: Paper Mario 3 (an RPG please)
What it probably is: Mario Party 9 (now with balance board support)

upandaway

I wonder if there's something in a contract or sorts that says they can't recycle voices from him or something? Or rather, that they pay him as if they re-recorded them, so they'd rather just re-record it?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Oli said:
What I hope it would be: Paper Mario 3 (an RPG please)
What it probably is: Mario Party 9 (now with balance board support)

i'll play it safe and split the difference:

PAPER MARIO PARTY TENNIS

The whole "add two game names to make a shitty game name" meme really has to die. Seriously guys, if you have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing at all.

Anyway, this probably just MP9.

I wouldn't mind another Mario Party if it wasn't so luck-based. I miss always being the dream star due to my fast-button-pressing super skills.

Didn't Nintendo say they were working on both Mario and Zelda Wiiware games back when the service was announced? It would be great to see a side-scrolling 2D Mario again, but I find that highly unlikely. As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a remake of VB Mario Land and a hamburger.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
BishopLamont said:
The whole "add two game names to make a shitty game name" meme really has to die. Seriously guys, if you have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing at all.

Anyway, this probably just MP9.

neither PAPER MARIO or MARIO TENNIS are shitty, to be fair.

charlequin said:

Fuck yes, I'm ready too. My mates are bored to tears of all the previous MP we've gotten cheap. A proper MP for Wii is required, you know, one that might even properly support widescreen. :eek:

OMG Aero

upandaway said:
Also it's definitely the thing IGN was talking about. Leads me to believe it's an RPG Mario.
I'm pretty sure the title IGN was talking about was just that Pikachu game. They said it was a B title and a Mario RPG is not a B title.

After beating the fantastic Mario & Luigi 3 I wouldn't mind looking forward to a new Paper Mario. :I Feels like IntSys hasn't done anything significant in ages.

upandaway

OMG Aero said:
I'm pretty sure the title IGN was talking about was just that Pikachu game. They said it was a B title and a Mario RPG is not a B title.
Didn't they say it probably wasn't a B title? The fact that it's not an obvious A yet it is still an A can only go for that, I think.

Haunted

charlequin said:
Dragona Akehi said:
Fuck yes, I'm ready too. My mates are bored to tears of all the previous MP we've gotten cheap. A proper MP for Wii is required, you know, one that might even properly support widescreen. :eek:
Yes!

Maybe even one that doesn't use the GC character models!

kman3000

jarosh said:
super mario galaxy ds.

a new super mario world style 2d game with the galaxy setting and all its implied creativity and wackiness translated to 2d. that's what i want at least.
I would play the hell out of that! :D

nli10

A true Mario Party Wii is well overdue, but which non-game family wants to play 90 min video board games when you can just play the sports & fit & BRain Academy games in short bursts?

Johann

They better start giving Mario Party the royal treatment after one Manhattan Project in development time between an installment. They damn well better have Donkey Kong as a playable character in this.

Mario Party 8 lied to me by putting him on the cover.

Dick. Move.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'd join the Mario Party bandwagon (especially an M+-enabled iteration), but I'm not sure I'd even be able to enjoy it if I can play NSMB Wii before that. Party games are fine, I like multiplayer, but nothing beats multiplayer + platforming in my book.

[EDIT] Johann, I've been busy these past few days, but I'll try to get to you soon-ish. Next week, hopefully. Apologies.

sjt333 said:
Come oooon Luigi's Mansion 2

Oh shit yes please.

The sad part is that it's rumored that Luigis Mansion 1 was developed when the wii wand was planned as a GC add on.

Captain N said:
your avatar reminded me. Where is our Kirby tilt & tumble with motion plus? I don't even care if it's only a WiiWare title.

:(

Roll-O-Rama (the final name of the title) was mostly complete :(

goomba

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Oh shit yes please.

The sad part is that it's rumored that Luigis Mansion 1 was developed when the wii wand was planned as a GC add on.
:(

That cant be so because Luigi's mansion was a Gamecube launch game. It was designed as the first Nintendo game to use dual analog control.

ace harding: private eye said:
It would be great to see a side-scrolling 2D Mario again, but I find that highly unlikely. As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a remake of VB Mario Land and a hamburger.

I think you are forgetting something.

Azure J

Oh shit, another Mario game? Well, I can't even predict what this one will be since Nintendo has been all kinds of random this gen. i can only hope it's another platformer though.

What if Martineet was actually doing baby Mario voices for a Yoshi's Island 3 on the Wii? [/the most random guess I can make right now]

TreIII

AzureJericho said:
Oh shit, another Mario game? Well, I can't even predict what this one will be since Nintendo has been all kinds of random this gen. i can only hope it's another platformer though.

What if Martineet was actually doing baby Mario voices for a Yoshi's Island 3 on the Wii? [/the most random guess I can make right now]

Don't DO that, Jeri. I'm WARNING you! :D :D :D

It's the only thing I would welcome him doing THAT mario voice again.

Maron

Johann said:
They better start giving Mario Party the royal treatment after one Manhattan Project in development time between an installment. They damn well better have Donkey Kong as a playable character in this.

Mario Party 8 lied to me by putting him on the cover.

Dick. Move.

Oh, come on. After several MP games with him having his own short series of minigames you honestly thought he'd be back as a playable character in Mario Party 8? You'd have a better chance of Nintendo EAD developing a new, well-polished Donkey Kong Wii platformer title.

I hate to admit, but I haven't enjoyed a Mario game in some time. It's partly because there doesn't seem enough new elements to pull me back in. But multiplayer... that's killer. I love the whole concept of working together, while also trying to undermine your opponents as well. I'm getting this day one.

Davey Cakes

I honestly don't see why we haven't gotten another Luigi's Mansion game yet. The first one was a good launch game and a solid game overall. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun, fresh, and brought Luigi to the forefront.

And, on top of that, Luigi's Mansion's been given plenty of representation in other games. For example, Mario Power Tennis and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Rash said:
I honestly don't see why we haven't gotten another Luigi's Mansion game yet. The first one was a good launch game and a solid game overall. It wasn't perfect, but it was fun, fresh, and brought Luigi to the forefront.

And, on top of that, Luigi's Mansion's been given plenty of representation in other games. For example, Mario Power Tennis and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

referenced in MARIO GALAXY, too!

GAF has some obsession with ignoring SPM as a Paper Mario game.

Anyways, I dunno what to expect. Probably another spin-off. In an ideal world, it'd be a new 2D platformer in the vein of SMB3 (done in the whole "homage" way of Megaman 9).

Hold on a minute.
Paper Mario 64
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Paper Mario

I count 3. So a lot of requests have already been answered. You can only hope for Paper Mario 4.

Maron

the thoroughbred said:
Hold on a minute.
Paper Mario 64
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Paper Mario

I count 3. So a lot of requests have already been answered. You can only hope for Paper Mario 4.

Some people here don't like to acknowledge Super Paper Mario as a real Paper Mario game since it isn't much of an RPG like the previous two, so by saying Paper Mario 3 I believe what they're really asking for is a new Paper Mario like the first and second ones, and not with as many platforming elements like in SPM.

I have my fingers crossed for Luigi's Mansion 2, but I know it won't happen. =(

Somnid

Mario has a bunch of sub-franchises. If you're going to get anal about including Super Paper Mario as Paper Mario 3 then you'd also have to call it Super Mario RPG 6.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
We are due for several Intelligent Systems games soon (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario, ect.) so I do expect them to get announced sometime next year.

However I doubt such a localization intensive game would be the one that either Charles Martinet or IGN are refering to.

AntMurda

Luigi's Mansion on the Wii could be pretty cool. I think the idea of the game is pretty awesome, but they needed to flesh it out and make the puzzles more challenging. It is a nice type of puzzle adventure genre Nintendo could keep along.

Besides, this game comes from the EAD Mario Kart team and I don't think they are making another Mario Kart of Nintendogs.. sooo maybe.

Probably not though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
grandjedi6 said:
We are due for several Intelligent Systems games soon (Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Paper Mario, ect.) so I do expect them to get announced sometime next year.

God I hope you are right.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
grandjedi6 said:
They still have five SE DSiWare games to go, don't they?

BlueMagic

Mario Party with MotionPlus would actually be awesome... In fact, I don't care what it is, just let it use MP if it's for Wii.

I really hope that its Paper Mario 3, but watch it being something lame like Nintendo's Edutainment Patent.

503.jpg

Top Bottom