• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Doctor is Jodie Whittaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Jodie Whittaker

Breaking on BBC One

First female Doctor

X4kMZ6O.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40624288
Jodie Whittaker has been announced as the Doctor Who's 13th Time Lord - the first woman to get the role.
She was revealed in a Doctor Who trailer that was broadcast on BBC One at the end of the Wimbledon men's singles final.
The Broadchurch star succeeds Peter Capaldi, who took the role in 2013 and leaves in this year's Christmas special.
Whittaker, 35, will make her debut on the sci-fi show this Christmas.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
If you want to receive Breaking News alerts via email, or on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App then details on how to do so are available on this help page. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

Maddocks

hopefully the stories will be good and for the love of god, not a bunch of jokes about being female. I think that would kill any and all enjoyment if the doctor all of a sudden became a 13 year old boy discovering boobs every episode.

I never seen anything she has done, but I will watch.

Yeah that'll do! I don't know much of her but she was great in Broadchurch.

The internet meltdown is proving delicious already (check the show's official Facebook page if you dare...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom