• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

BigAT

Great OP, I'm glad you actually managed to avoid getting banned long enough to post it.

Put the rest of the league on notice, sexiness is back in 2012!

eli-manning-beach.jpg

Great OP Bucket.

Hey, has anybody been able to find the NFL '12 app from itunes? I can't find it on the App Store and my ipad refuses to D/l it off google.

Slo

Go Jags!

This'll be a good road test on the defense. And we'll see if Gabbert has tamed his cowardly side or not. I predict Rashad Jennings with 150 yards though.

Our offense is garbage. Gerhart is one dimensional, our WRs are crap asside from Harvin, and Ponder is not a down field passer. The only thing we have going for us are decent young TEs.

Giants have cut RB Danny/DJ Ware.

Honestly shocked they did it but Andre Brown and Da'Rel Scott did enough in the last two games to surpass him on the depth chart.

I'm seeing quite a few predictions of either the Ravens or Pats representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I'm not normally a praying man, but please God
tumblr_lf1n9mFXo91qzajrg.gif

Fox318 said:
DJ will be signed by another team.
Giants fans aren't exactly lamenting the loss. I don't think you'll find many who were on the DJ Ware bandwagon. Still, he was a solid if unspectacular backup. He'll definitely find work.

If there were any Cincy fans other than Eznark here, I'd talk some smack.

Can't wait to watch this guy go crazy this season and mow down all of those didn't consider him not only top 5, but the best and most ELITE quarterback in the NFL

flacco2.png

Milchjon

If there were any Cincy fans other than Eznark here, I'd talk some smack.

Can't wait to watch this guy go crazy this season and mow down all of those didn't consider him not only top 5, but the best and most ELITE quarterback in the NFL

flacco2.png

Sexy pants, cute smile, goofy behavior. Would.

:jnc I hate that gif. Mostly because it makes me laugh and reminds me of the ass whoopings the Saints have given us in their house. I think Cajunator mentioned it earlier but there's no question San Fran sending you home packing was a big help to the Giants. Saints were the worst possible match-up for the G-Men in the playoffs.

:jnc I hate that gif. Mostly because it makes me laugh and reminds me of the ass whoopings the Saints have given us in their house. I think Cajunator mentioned it earlier but there's no question San Fran sending you home packing was a big help to the Giants. Saints were the worst possible match-up for the G-Men in the playoffs.

:( We should have beaten San Fran.

Ænima

Amazing OP.

SEPTEMBER 5

DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9

IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10

CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

cajunator said:
but I think the Saints are just a matchup nightmare for them.
Yep. I don't disagree. Curious to see how we fair at home this season. The Saints aren't quite the same team outside of that dome.

Fucking stellar thread Bucket. Well done

First time NFL GAF thread poster. :)

Started watching SNF here in the UK couple of years back, but never enjoyed a whole season. Will probably be using GamePass this year to see the majority of the games.

Don't have a team yet, just enjoying the sport :D

Even though we all know Soyeon is the best, your EunJung avatar will suffice. Welcome!

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG- I really want ot pick the Cowgirls, but JPP is going to mangle Romo

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI- Enjoy your only win Chicago!
ATL at KC- Tough game to pick. Just going with my gut
PHI at CLE- Nick Foles starts his hall of fame career
WAS at NO- I kept saying week 3, but didn't realise the Skins played the Saints week 1. So my new prediction is ACL tear in quarter 2 for RG3
STL at DET- Lucky Detroit gets to kick off the season with an AFL team!
NE at TEN- Titans are my surprise team this year, but the Pats are to much
JAC at MIN- This better be blacked out in all markets. No one deserves to watch this
BUF at NYJ- Marcell Dareus is the new hawtness
MIA at HOU- 2 NFL vs. AFL games in week one this season? Cold stuff
SEA at ARI- Whatcha gonna do brotha, when Russelmania goes wild on you?
SF at GB- an 0-2 start on the season for Harbs bodes well for FMT tears
CAR at TB- Just because Freeman isn't fat anymore doesn't mean he is suddenly talented
PIT at DEN- If I were a fat DT, I would stay away from Big Ben

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL- Ray Lewis is gonna Murder someone
again!
SD at OAK- Oakland is better than people give them credit for. the 5 weeks Run DmC is healthy will be great for Raiders fans

Levyne

Banned
Great OP

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI - Luck starts his career with a 300 yard game and a victory.
ATL at KC - This could be a 30-3 type game.
PHI at CLE - Weeden struggles big time I think
WAS at NO - Brees still will get his stats and a win.
STL at DET - This one could be 40-10 or something.
NE at TEN - The Pats in a close one.
JAC at MIN - Game of the weak.
BUF at NYJ - Game of the Tebow.
MIA at HOU - I don't know these teams well.
SEA at ARI - Seattle might be a surprise division contender.
SF at GB - Close game with agod clutch in the 4th.
CAR at TB - Newton will make some mistakes but too much talent on that team to lose to the Bucs, I feel
PIT at DEN -Manning is back.

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL - Can Cinci make it to the playoffs in consecutive years? Lol
SD at OAK - Palmer will sling and slang but end up with a win.

Fox318

First time NFL GAF thread poster. :)

Started watching SNF here in the UK couple of years back, but never enjoyed a whole season. Will probably be using GamePass this year to see the majority of the games.

Don't have a team yet, just enjoying the sport :D

You should be a Jags fan.

They might end up in London soon.

Schefter is claiming the Giants are in the market to trade for an OL.

Interesting (but completely not surprising considering how awful our depth at G is).

Cagey

Banned
2 Words: Elite Quarterback

Superbowl Prediction: Eagles vs Ravens

Eagles win but Flacco wins MVP

ibx3X3Rz8aGgX5.gif

Schefter is claiming the Giants are in the market to trade for an OL.

Interesting (but completely not surprising considering how awful our depth at G is).

I'd argue our depth everywhere on the line is brutal. There's a ton of warm bodies at tackle but, at best, I'm willing to call them "warm bodies". There's exactly two starters on the offensive line that I have full confidence in to play at a B level or higher this season. Eli Manning, again, will have to ball so hard. He and he alone explains the seeming contradiction in the Giants being 6th in adjusted sack rate (i.e. 6th least allowed) despite the Giants OL giving up the most pressures by a mile.

crimzonflame said:
Superbowl Prediction: Eagles vs Ravens

Eagles win but Flacco wins MVP
A7VoJ.jpg

Gooster said:
What do you think about them keeping Barden over Douglas?
Barden secured that roster spot with his last two game performances. I can't say I'm displeased about it either. 6'6 WR's don't grow on trees and there's no way Reese was going to dump him for an UDFA that mostly flashed in camp. (Douglas could very easily still end on the PS).

I just hope Ramses keeps the momentum. If he can stay healthy and play the way he played against Chicago - well that would be a nice 3rd WR option right there.

Cagey

Banned
What do you think about them keeping Barden over Douglas?

Depends on one's confidence in Ramses Barden. If you subscribe to the theory that this is analogous to the Sinorice Moss situation, where the potential is alluring but you're 95% sure he'll never progress plus you're 100% sure he's a net negative on special teams, you cut the player loose and look for someone else with 1) unexplored potential and 2) who contributes on specials.

MechDX

Texans vs. Packers Superbowl.

Packers lose in final seconds when a teary eyed JJ Watt destroys his idol Rodgers while the packers are driving for a game tying TD.

Dragon

Banned
Texans vs. Packers Superbowl.

Packers lose in final seconds when a teary eyed JJ Watt destroys his idol Rodgers while the packers are driving for a game tying TD.

Even better: all Texans QBs are injured and JJ Watt fills in and throws two touchdowns while running for another one.

Damn I took a look at the Ravens' schedule and seems that this is their year. Flacco is elite, and the receivers wont be making the same mistakes as last year.

Best case scenario - 15-1
Worst case scenario - 13-3

Top Bottom