• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, there's a drawing of a justification? Oh sh-

iCENENJ3Hn75x.jpg

There you go

Wrayfield

Nah, it's only an outrage if it happens to the Packers.

Seriously though, it was luck. The refs were going to fuck someone over, it just happened to be the Packers.

Luck or bad luck, depends on who you are. Still, I hope this gets resolved in a couple of weeks at the latest. Imagine this happens in the playoffs!

Wrayfield

I watched no. 1 of the most controversial calls. Al Davis, RIP you silly old fuck, said: "If we had instant replay in the 70s, we would've been to 10 Superbowls." I somehow miss that delusional old fart.

cajunator

Banned
Green Bay vs New Orleans could either be the greatest game ever or the most lopsided game ever. I havent really decided yet.
Both teams have huge chips on their shoulder and face 1-3 or 0-4. Lots at stake. Both want a win REALLY badly. It could be fucking awesome. Unfortunately we have no defense whatsoever so Brees and the offense has to show up huge. I cant wait to find out.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Too bad I missed the game last night, so delicious to see GB get jobbed by the scabs. Theres always room in fraudtown for one more team.

Green Bay vs New Orleans could either be the greatest game ever or the most lopsided game ever. I havent really decided yet.
Both teams have huge chips on their shoulder and face 1-3 or 0-4. Lots at stake. Both want a win REALLY badly. It could be fucking awesome. Unfortunately we have no defense whatsoever so Brees and the offense has to show up huge. I cant wait to find out.

Goes to OT, ends in a tie due to refs.

1-D_FTW

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_s...fficiating_nfl_games_as_replacements/11802523

Supposedly (who knows if it's true, Fox Sports linked it), the Lingerie Football League fired some of the NFL replacement refs for incompetence.

Um, it was 12-7. That's a five point deficit.

It also ignores the bullshit, phantom roughing the passer call on Seattle's third possession of the 2nd half. The interception that would have given the ball to them at Seattle's 20. After they already had scored on their first three possessions.

Seattle still couldn't capitalize, not even after the 37 yard PI where Shields had perfect coverage and was called for PI because he got shoved by the receiver trying to break up his interception attempt.

Or the dual Unsportsmanlike conduct penalties where Jennings got face planted from behind 20 seconds after the play ended.

All of which turned the field position around and allowed Seattle to get it at the 50 on their final possession (despite getting their ass whipped in the second half and doing nothing for themselves).

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Its just as well that Sean Payton is suspended. I could see him try to cut one of these refs with a broken bottle of Jack in a drunken haze

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just woke up

Jesus

Chris Carter is Pissed! on Mike & Mike

I think that last play literally was a jump ball scenario, in other leagues they a a way to fix that situation, looks like NFL will be adding something into it's guideline/rule book

Upstairs booth only power is to confirm whatever the call is on the field, only overturn if there is substantial visual proof that the other thing happened

If it's called a Touchdown, did the ball ever move or touch the ground ie possession
If it's called Interception, once again, did the ball ever move or touch the ground ie possession

So the booths only thing was to confirm or de-confirm the ruling on the field ie Touchdown
It had to make the call, it couldn't say no Touchdown and say Interception, they can't rule that
They just followed the rules that state if ball held by both, Offense gets dibs

The thing that was fucked up both of those judges didn't speak to each or even look at each other
Usually one over rules the other

The back judge had a better view, the side fucking judge was 9 yards away and came running into see what would be the call
Just as the back judge motions for the touch back signal, the side judge just does the TD motion thinking the back judge was motioning for that

There was ineptness all around last night in the game

eznark

Banned
eznark still defending replacement refs? damn son, u must be hurtin' lol

Where is that happening? That was a terrible call as I said all night.

If saying the Packerd played like shit and they shouldn't have put themselves in that position is defending the replacement officials then in a few weeks when the old refs make a bad call and decide a game and i say the same thing you'll accuse me if loving them!

GraveRobberX

Holy Shit put on Mike & Mike in the morning on ESPN 2

Herman Edwards is coming on to speak

I am ready!

Damn Cris Carter looks pissed, wants to just destroy the NFL but is refraining and reigning it in

Tawpgun

tumblr_maw29w4abE1roomevo1_500.jpg

267296_3580861690422_1395252080_n.jpg

These are awesome.

I'm going to be pissed off whenever the Pats play, but goddamn every other game is going to be hilarious.

If they still have these guys in the Super Bowl then god help whatever team ends up losing and the city they represent.

GraveRobberX

I have a userscipt that makes :lol show me a smiley, so it never left for me

Need the guy who made userscrpt to edit :jnc, I might give it a shot and edit it in :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looking forward to at least 5 more weeks of these replacement refs.

So good.

What? You ask how would I feel if they jobbed my team? My team already does impeccable work in jobbing itself. I have nothing to fear.

What? You ask how would I feel if they jobbed my team? My team already does impeccable work in jobbing itself. I have nothing to fear.
I hear ya, man. The Dolphins don't need the refs' help to blow games so we might as well keep these refs around for a little while longer. Just watching everyone at ESPN implode makes it worth it.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
they need the real refs back, players are starting to abuse the inexperience of these replacement refs. Its dangerous now, and the rules arent being inforced, im seein chop blocks, people rolling up peoples legs, late hits, down the field PI not being called, offense PI especially pushes to the back. I mean damn i saw a lineman LAUNCH at a LB yesterday after teh play was well and done, and 5 yards behind him. The players basically know the second offense is all that will be called and some are choosing to have a ball. It's BS to do that kind of stuff, but if its not being called cant blame a player for doing everything they can to get an advantage.

Sappy113

lol: Tom Crabtree ‏@TCrabtree83
"Imagine you make a painting. It isn't perfect by others' standards, but it's your painting. You are proud. Then someone takes a shit on it. "

GraveRobberX

Multi-Billion Dollar Billionaires who pay Multi-Million Dollar Players are fighting Hundred Thousands Dollar paid Officiators on Thousands of Dollars

Jesus

I was watching FOX NFL Sunday

They had there go to retired ref, he said that it took him 5 years to get an understanding of the NFL rules and be comfortable enough to really know the scope of it

The Scabs < 6 months and most are rejects of rejects of rejected leagues/football area

jmdajr

Went to bed figuring Packers had won. LOL!

That was straight up something out of the WWE. No Joke.

'BAW GHAD. THE PACK JUST GOT SCREWED! '

"Next week on NFL RAW, we discuss the controversial finish to the match everyone is talking about."

edit: bravo

i7MnmKTroJGAo.gif

GraveRobberX

This picture reminds the Officiating last night

BGSr8.jpg

Truly WWE Soap Opera worthy

Tune in Thursday to see if either Ray Lewis does a drive by of 3 GSW victims on CLE side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom