• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also looks like the Xanders interview with Miami went REALLY well and they're all traveling down to Miami together.

Worst offseason ever for Detroit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watching Caldwell's first press conference with Detroit and when he smiles he looks like he has to use every muscle in his body to get his lips to move.

Looks like Schwarzenegger in T2.

jmdajr

Who better to make the offseason thread?

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

Tenumi

Banned
Also looks like the Xanders interview with Miami went REALLY well and they're all traveling down to Miami together.

Still wonder how much of an impact he really had. I had heard a while back that his systems weren't in place for the '13 draft.

Either way, it'd still be a loss.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
“[W]e made a decision to try to figure out where Christian Ponder was and also take a look at Matt Cassel as well, as we tried to determine and get some questions answered at our quarterback position,” Frazier said. “Josh got caught up in the shuffle of that. It probably wasn’t the fairest situation for him, made it difficult for him, made it difficult for all of us as we were trying to evaluate quarterbacks in an NFL season. That’s not a wise thing. But nothing to do with Josh. He prepared and worked as hard as he could to get on the field. It just didn’t work out.”

Coming back down to Tampa to get a fair shake! Hoard your taco fixings.

Oh no...I saw on twitter (rumor/speculation) that philly might consider trading their 22nd pick for Jordan from Miami?

Never mind, seems it was just a reporter speculating on what could happen, no basis for it.

brentech

Watching Caldwell's first press conference with Detroit and when he smiles he looks like he has to use every muscle in his body to get his lips to move.

Looks like Schwarzenegger in T2.

Arnold's best performance as an actor. Right there in like 3 seconds.

Plinko

Wow. Actually admitting that Whiz was a finalist for the Lions job. Interesting.

Not a surprise. Hard not to admit that when they had the plane loaded and ready for SD.

Doorman

Caldwell press conference: I'm kind of surprised that prez Lewand openly admitted that they had interest in Whisenhunt and wanted to talk to him more. I appreciate the honesty though it is sort of a public admission that they didn't get what they wanted.

Plinko

Caldwell just referred to the field as "the floor."

brentech

Rodgers career has already exceeded Favre's? They were doing a top 10 QB all time list.

I don't know if his career has, but if you're comparing which QB is better than the other? I'd go with Rodgers all day.

Rodgers cuts down on his mistakes, well better than the average QB, bringing shitty defenses to way better records then they deserve.
I'm not saying Favre is trash or some jaded GB fan bullshit. He had great moments, but is he a better QB than Rodgers, fuck no.

Plinko

I'll say this: I can't help but root for Caldwell. He seems like such a genuinely classy guy.

If this doesn't work out we'll literally be in rebuilding mode. In two years we'll be able to determine whether Stafford is our guy, whether Caldwell has worked, etc. And if it doesn't work both will be on their way out the door.

We would have wasted Megatron's prime, wasted a solid defensive line, wasted a fortune on a sup par QB, etc.

Plinko

If this doesn't work out we'll literally be in rebuilding mode. In two years we'll be able to determine whether Stafford is our guy, whether Caldwell has worked, etc. And if it doesn't work both will be on their way out the door.

We would have wasted Megatron's prime, wasted a solid defensive line, wasted a fortune on a sup par QB, etc.

So you're saying we're in the exact same situation as we were in the 90's. Le sigh.

I agree--Mayhew, Caldwell, and Stafford are all tied together. If, after 3 years, nothing has changed, total rebuild coming.

Tom Penny

Kas gunna getcha.

I'm tired of rooting for the 'nice' guy, either win or get the fuck out, I'm sick of Philbin already.
Can't blame you, especially after the last two games of the season. I'm squarely on the fence with him. I don't mind him getting another year all that much but I also realize that it hurts the team in some ways (GM search, for one).

If they miss the playoffs in 2014 he's got to go, period.

Gotta say I like what I hear from Caldwell in this pressure. Real classy, real humble. Strong voice. I like what he's saying about discipline.

He's really selling me.

bionic77

I don't know if his career has, but if you're comparing which QB is better than the other? I'd go with Rodgers all day.

Rodgers cuts down on his mistakes, well better than the average QB, bringing shitty defenses to way better records then they deserve.
I'm not saying Favre is trash or some jaded GB fan bullshit. He had great moments, but is he a better QB than Rodgers, fuck no.
Farve was really fucking good for a few years. Maybe you are right that Fraudgers is better but if he is it ain't by much.

Sucks how quickly people forget the past.

Can't blame you, especially after the last two games of the season. I'm squarely on the fence with him. I don't mind him getting another year all that much but I also realize that it hurts the team in some ways (GM search, for one).

If they miss the playoffs in 2014 he's got to go, period.

I'm more concerned about Tannehills development, Lazor was a good step towards that I hope.

Also:

@ArmandoSalguero

Bill Lazor says he "was extremely excited" when he was offered Dolphins OC Job. Says he's excited to be part of a winner.

Oh Bill...you never should have left Philly.

The way Lions fans are acting Caldwell is somehow going to be worse than Schwartz..

That's not possible. To me the worse case scenario is two years of being average (7-9, 8-8), which would be a fire-able offense. But there's no way he can be worse than Schwartz in terms of not preparing the team to win, collapsing in the second half, having a horrible offense, constantly in the shotgun, etc.

The thing that concerns me is the apparent conservatism. I want to see Bell and Bush on the field at the same time, for instance.

To me there are two issues:

1) Can he fix Stafford
2) Can Stafford be fixed

We rise or fall based entirely on that.

Top Bottom