• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Did your really take an article by CHB seriously? And a Colts writer too? Lol. I guess his troll was successful.

No, just saw it on some Patriots forums. I've never heard of the guy, but it reads like a troll article and even the board I grabbed it from was rolling their eyes. Just thought I'd share as it's so over the top.

Kravitz, well..... Kravitz is Kravitz.

BigAT

Yeah. Shaughnessy is a terrible writer. Also the worst hair ever.

original.jpg

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...tory.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Well, Mr. Shaugnessy of the Boston Globe pretty much believes the Colts may as well not waste a trip out to NE and just forfeit.

Kravitz of the IndyStar already responded.

Schaugnessy is an idiot who likes to write articles like this one. When he's right he can say "I already knew it" and when he isn't then he just says nothing.

I don't think there are a lot of Pats fans who feel overly confident about this game. I sure as hell don't, gonna be way too close for comfort either way.

eznark

Banned
Schaugnessy is an idiot who likes to write articles like this one. When he's right he can say "I already knew it" and when he isn't then he just says nothing.

I don't think there are a lot of Pats fans who feel overly confident about this game. I sure as hell don't, gonna be way too close for comfort either way.

He is an old Bill Simmons

Seeing Tom Gamble's name floating around a lot as a top candidate for the Miami GM job. I wonder if he'd be interested in coming somewhere so dysfunctional? I guess I'd be okay with it, it seems like he's done fairly well for SF and Philly.

Draxal

Giants Gaf:

@alexmarvez: Kevin Gilbride said @Giants offensive line injuries made it "impossible" for Eli Manning "to function" in 2013. (CONT)

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said @GIants o-line problems forced more 3-step drops & play-action passes rather than 5- to 7-step drops where Manning excels

@alexmarvez: Gilbride also said @GIants need outside WRs to perform better. Teams were too keyed in on Victor Cruz. "Bell-cow" RB needed as well

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said there is "no question" the @Giants will "bring in some people" at the tight end position i.e. a veteran signing.

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said Brandon Myers would be ideal No. 2 TE but @Giants ideally need bigger, faster player at position

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 10m
Gilbride "We made the gamble that William Beatty was the guy at LT. There's no question he has the physical talent but toughness is the key"

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 12m
Gilbride on what @Giants need to improve "@TeamVic had a good year but they need to improve the WR's on the outside and a bell cow RB"

@alexmarvez: Gilbride also said @GIants need outside WRs to perform better. Teams were too keyed in on Victor Cruz. "Bell-cow" RB needed as well
I'm still bummed with how poorly David Wilson's early career has gone. I really hope he gets it together at some point for you guys but it's not looking too likely.

TheFatOne

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...tory.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

Well, Mr. Shaugnessy of the Boston Globe pretty much believes the Colts may as well not waste a trip out to NE and just forfeit.

Kravitz of the IndyStar already responded.

Shaugnessy does this every fucking year. He only does it so that if the Pats lose he could write an article about how the Pats should have won, and now the Pats are declining etc.. He is basically a forum troll that gets paid to write by the globe.

When he's wrong he's just as vocal in the opposite direction. It's a win win for him. The Pats win and he writes and I told you so article, but if they lose he writes the demise of the Brady/Belichick Pats. Does the same bullshit every fucking year.

Draxal

I'm still bummed with how poorly David Wilson's early career has gone. I really hope he gets it together at some point for you guys but it's not looking too likely.

Yeah, I know what Reese wanted which was LeSean McCoy, but Wilson will never be McCoy.

I'm glad for Gilbride though, unless he/Coughlin were the ones that pushed to retain Diehl/Snee. They needed to restock the offensive line for the Giants system to work and they nevered bothered to, and glad he pushed back.

The neck injury is career threatening at this point which is a damn shame.:( I wanted Martin at the time and that hasn't changed. Not as explosive as Wilson could potentially be but a better all around back.

Lots of Giants offensive players endorsing Mike Sullivan as their guy for new OC. They want to maintain continuity and don't want the system changed.

Draxal

The neck injury is career threatening at this point which is a damn shame.:( I wanted Martin at the time and that hasn't changed. Not as explosive as Wilson could potentially be but a better all around back.

Lots of Giants offensive players endorsing Mike Sullivan as their guy for new OC. They want to maintain continuity and don't want the system changed.

At this point I'm not sure I want Sullivan. I think the system would work if they have the talent, but you need to grab 3 more lineman, retain a healthy Nicks, and get a good versatile TE for that system to work ... and that's not going to happen in one offseason.

BigAT

Giants Gaf:

@alexmarvez: Kevin Gilbride said @Giants offensive line injuries made it "impossible" for Eli Manning "to function" in 2013. (CONT)

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said @GIants o-line problems forced more 3-step drops & play-action passes rather than 5- to 7-step drops where Manning excels

They also rolled the pocket out an absurd amount, even on non-play action passes. Reduced the pressure on Eli, but at the cost of halving the field. They were forced into it way too much and teams were able to defend it well eventually.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. That really sucks. I know he struggled at times with pass protection and protecting the ball but I really think he had the potential to overcome those issues. Of course, I'm incredibly biased since he's a Hokie, but still.

All these Niner avatars disgust me. Why did you make this bet Packer fools? Now we must all look at Jafar's ugly mug for countless posts.

Nameless

He is one of the most emotional players. More so than Brady. I think in reality most fans have barely seen him play.
Due to continuous blackouts.

Chargers are a fun team. Hopefully they really are back because I much rather see them all over CBS next year instead of teams like the Ravens and Jets snoozing up the joint.

simples

Banned
Jerome Bettie just picked the pats as his playoff team

shows again that like bionic all steelers are closet Brady fans

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NFL personnel echoing my thoughts from the other day on Jay Gruden:

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL 18m

Some assistant coaches I talk to are stunned at how Jay Gruden has become a hot candidate. Laughing, actually, might be the word.

Hunter S.

Chargers are a fun team. Hopefully they really are back because I much rather see them all over CBS next year instead of teams like the Ravens and Jets snoozing up the joint.
Mike McCoy was clearly a good pickup for the Chargers. One thing that I have not seen remarked about the Chargers is in how they made the playoffs. They made it by luck after other teams lost. Alex Smith was not playing at QB at the end of the game (if at all, I only caught the end because of the Denver game). The Chiefs had locked up 5th place weeks before so they rested a lot of players. I do not understand why people would root for such an average team in terms of all the playoff teams.

BigAT

Mike McCoy was clearly a good pickup for the Chargers. One thing that I have not seen remarked about the Chargers is in how they made the playoffs. They made it by luck after other teams lost. Alex Smith was not playing at QB at the end of the game (if at all, I only caught the end because of the Denver game). The Chiefs had locked up 5th place weeks before so they rested a lot of players. I do not understand why people would root for such an average team in terms of all the playoff teams.

Smith didn't play at all in that game, neither did Jamaal Charles.

eznark

Banned
NFL personnel echoing my thoughts from the other day on Jay Gruden:

Kind of bizarre considering he has been a hot commodity for three straight off-seasons. Mike Freeman either needs to talk to more connected individuals or do some cursory fact-checking before lying.

Bowser

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith 1h
Colin Kaepernick has 30 starts. Averages 300.7 pass yards, 100.3 rush yards in three vs. GB. Averages 186.9 and 30.5 in 27 other games.

lol GB _efense.

Kap in for a rude awakening Sunday.

Colts fan so yeah, I'd love to see Luck go into Foxboro and beat the Pats. Not planning on it happening, but it would be great.

I'm torn between what I want on the other side. On the one hand, I have season tickets and would love to have the AFC Championship in Indy. On the other hand, I don't want to lose to SD again in the playoffs and have to see Philip Rivers in the Super Bowl. Plus, no matter who won the AFC Championship between the Colts and Broncos, I'd be happy or at least happier, given that my fiance is a Broncos fan.

So I say we just beat the Pats and let the chips fall where they may!

Nameless

NFL has concerns about Esquire Network's 'Friday Night Tykes' series

The Trailer

Fairly disturbing. Not sure why many youth coaches in sports have to be so overzealous. I would like to think I wouldn't want a child of mine playing for such a coach.

Woah. Makes that Harbaugh commercial look tame. It's a bit much, but when SOP today is to coddle children endlessly, there's certainly a some character building going most kids don't get anymore.

Those little guys are bringing the lumber, though. My goodness.

Tom Penny

Yeah. Shaughnessy is a terrible writer. Also the worst hair ever.

original.jpg

He's already straight up stated he actually doesn't care about any team. All he cares about is the story and the outcomes of games don't even matter to him unless it's something to write about. Everything he writes is to get views and comments and a rise out of people which is his job.

He is an old Bill Simmons

He is actually nothing like Bill Simmons. He actually cares about the New England sports teams and an obvious homer.

Nightz

Eh, sometimes you just need luck. The Dolphins and Ravens had 4 chances to knock the Chargers out and they couldn't get it done. And you can't fault the Chargers for Andy Reid using his time tested approach of resting his players
and then failing in the playoffs
. Fact of the matter is the Chargers got in and it's a whole new season. Should be a good game this weekend, average joes vs. the Denver supermen.

Top Bottom