• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

There is only one god.
w15-img1.jpg

And his name is Death.
w15-img2.jpg

There is only one thing we say to Death
w15-img3.jpg

“Not today".
w15-img4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorites were the scary ones.
matt-stafford-is-a-fat-fucking-chubby-funster-with-giant-ass-bitch-tits.gif

Oh, my sweet summer child.
w15-img9.jpg

What do you know about fear?
w15-img10.jpg

Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep.
w15-img5.jpg

Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years and children are born and live and die all in darkness.
w15-img16.jpg

That is the time for fear, my little Lord, when the white walkers move through the woods.
w15-img7.jpg

Winter is coming.
w15-img13.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET

Hey Calvin, will the Lions win this week?

2Z2CHRj.gif

Hey Coach Ditka, what are the Lions going to do this Sunday?

img-ditka.jpg

Can someone explain why people are excited about no man's sky? Trailer looked eh

People have always wanted a great first-person space exploration game. There have been a lot that have come close, and EVE is a little too sharp a learning curve for the majority of the gaming crowd, so No Man's Sky represents another chance for that.

Bowser

SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET

Vio-Lence

Banned
Baltimore gonna beat Detroit on MNF. Will give the Bears opportunity to take the division. Gotta take care of business in Cleveland.

ShaneB

Awesome OP!

Week 15!!! Where does the time go?!?! =(

Go Seahawks. Hope Super Eli doesn't show up mysteriously.

Baltimore gonna beat Detroit on MNF. Will give the Bears opportunity to take the division. Gotta take care of business in Cleveland.

So who are we hoping takes over for Schwartz? Del Rio? Lovie? Gruden?

I keep seeing people say Gruden and I am super uneasy about that.

BENGALS CLINCHING THE DIVISION THIS WEEK WITH A RAVENS LOSS AND A WIN OVER THE STEELERS!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!

Vesmir

Banned
Go Hawks

I was playing around with the Playoff Machine, and the Browns can still plausibly make it. Knowing them though, it's tanking time for their #1 pick ($4 mil and their WRs to JAX in return for shit).

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What if... The Lions and the Bears go 1:1 and Packers win the next two. Then the standings would be:

Packers: 8-6-1
Lions: 8-7
Bears: 8-7

With the final games being: Lions @ Vikings, Packers @ Bears.

Leading to a situation where if in the final games:

Lions win, Bears lose = Packers win division
Lions win, Bears win = Lions win division
Lions lose, Bears lose = Packers win division
Lions lose, Bears win = Bears win division

I obviously want the Bears to win the division but I have to admit, this would be the most hilarious and suspenseful situation. Also its rather probable.

And was an inch away from blowing it in spectacular fashion!

Tech startups, tech startups everywhere!

Actually the offense never set and should have been false start, then ben threw an illegal forward pass...so it should have never had been that close...yet the dolphins always find a way...

rando14

What if... The Lions and the Bears go 1:1 and Packers win the next two. Then the standings would be:

I obviously want the Bears to win the division but I have to admit, this would be the most hilarious and suspenseful situation. Also its rather probable.

Both games end in a tie, Lacy carries the pack to the superb owl with 200 yards/game and 7 td

Wrayfield

Actually the offense never set and should have been false start, then ben threw an illegal forward pass...so it should have never had been that close...yet the dolphins always find a way...

Nah, brother. Still feels lucky. And Tanny's underthrows on big balls in driving me crazy.

cdyhybrid

SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET

Go Hawks

Beat the Giants

SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET

Time for the bounce back week. Just need to hunker down and concentrate on beating the Jets this week. The game on Sunday might have cost the Panthers the division, but they don't need to compound that mistake and potentially end out of the playoffs entirely.

P.S. :jnc at that img link for Fatford in the OP. Bucket da Gawd

SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET
Detroit will get it together and take the Division

Doorman

So who are we hoping takes over for Schwartz? Del Rio? Lovie? Gruden?

I keep seeing people say Gruden and I am super uneasy about that.

Just like I said in the previous thread, I think unless we lose out the rest of the season the Lions fans talking about a coaching change are kidding themselves. Schwartz will be the coach next year.

Note that I say that not out of defense of Schwartz, but knowledge of the spineless organization he works for. I sincerely believe that 8 or 9 wins will secure him his job regardless of the playoff picture. I don't like it, as per my prediction in week four a season ago, but that's what it is. Congrats Bears, have fun in the playoffs.

Just like I said in the previous thread, I think unless we lose out the rest of the season the Lions fans talking about a coaching change are kidding themselves. Schwartz will be the coach next year.

Note that I say that not out of defense of Schwartz, but knowledge of the spineless organization he works for. I sincerely believe that 8 or 9 wins will secure him his job regardless of the playoff picture. I don't like it, as per my prediction in week four a season ago, but that's what it is. Congrats Bears, have fun in the playoffs.

What's sad is the other Lions fans like you giving up on the team when we still control our own destiny two of our last three are at home and all three are indoors. I refuse to be that type of Lions fan we still got this division regardless of what the haters think.

Honestly I hope the Lions lose final games. I'd rather lose out thus resulting in this entire coaching staff getting fired than stumbling into the playoffs with this team. We don't deserve a playoff spot, much less a home game. The 49ers would take us to pound town. Fuck that.

I'll start following this race closely because it looks increasingly like we'll be going to whoever wins the North for the first game in the playoffs.

At this point, I'd probably want to play the Lions the most. You can take the weather out of the picture (Chicago in January is icky and Lambeau is even worse), and while the Lions have the talent to beat anyone, they more often than not just beat themselves.

Honestly I hope the Lions lose final games. I'd rather lose out thus resulting in this entire coaching staff getting fired than stumbling into the playoffs with this team. We don't deserve a playoff spot, much less a home game. The 49ers would take us to pound town. Fuck that.

So this is that shit i don't respect. You don't know what can happen once this team gets in. This is just pathetic honestly

MechDX

KNXV_Gary_Kubiak_20131206110712_320_240.JPG

Heres your guy.

Drakeon

Hmmm, QB controversy in Chicago? NFC North is going to be an interesting finish (less interesting if Rodgers isn't able to play against Dallas). That about wraps it up for the Eagles though, they'll coast to the NFC East title now.

Dallas Gaf, is it injuries? Monte Kiffin? A combination of the two? Who is responsible for this awful AWFUL defense that lets teams never punt.

Go Browns! Go Ravens! Let's do this! 12-7-1 Super Bowl champs!

Also, Romo, old buddy, old friend. We're gonna need you to Romo like you've never Romo'd this Sunday...

Doorman

What's sad is the other Lions fans like you giving up on the team when we still control our own destiny two of our last three are at home and all three are indoors. I refuse to be that type of Lions fan we still got this division regardless of what the haters think.

I'm not "giving up on the team." I still root for them to win every game (sorry Phoenix), I want for them to do well, of course, and I think that we do have enough talent on the roster to be deserving of a division title and potentially get us to the playoffs. I don't think it's my fandom that's deserving of being questioned, it's the character, the mentality, and the attention to detail when it comes down to Sundays, and this team and especially its coaching staff have not, to me, demonstrated that they have the capability to get out of their own way. I heard a caller on one of the radio shows earlier tonight put it a very good way; there's a difference between playing aggresively (which Schwartz preaches), and playing recklessly (which they actually do, for all their miscues and penalties). I think he has his heart in the right place but the team continues to spin its wheels in a year that we very well should have taken over. If they're going to get off to the start they did, then I'm raising my expectations for them.

Like I said, after week 4's loss LAST year, I said they wouldn't make the playoffs that or this year, and that they would never win a Super Bowl under this coaching regime. I believed when they were 6-3 that they were about to prove me wrong, and I would've gladly taken it. But now...with the Bears right on our heels and getting more comfortable with McCown, our own mistake-laden brand of football continuing, and our so-called home field advantage nullified (sorry, but you can't lose to Tampa Bay at home and consider that an advantage), I'm having to wonder now if I wasn't more accurate last year than I thought. I didn't want to have to think about that again, so naturally I'm uncomfortable.

You're allowed to be a fan and still be critical of parts of the team you don't like.

Hmmm, QB controversy in Chicago? NFC North is going to be an interesting finish (less interesting if Rodgers isn't able to play against Dallas). That about wraps it up for the Eagles though, they'll coast to the NFC East title now.

Dallas Gaf, is it injuries? Monte Kiffin? A combination of the two? Who is responsible for this awful AWFUL defense that lets teams never punt.

Rob Ryan's defense last year had injuries as well and they were never this bad.

Just look at the reverse situation in New Orleans. The Saints D goes from couldn't stop a fly with Lane's dad at DC to pretty darn good with Hairy Rex.

Top Bottom