• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Where is all of this Lions talk coming from? They just got wrecked and their division rivals just won. Lions are done. Schwartz should have been fired last year. Lions fans have embraced their medicocrity as Rams fans have and are happy with not winning anything

The problem a lot of Lions fans have, and most fans in general, is letting go of the past. A lot of Lions fans are justified to be nervous about this team, but this is a fun, exciting and talented team. I love watching this team play every week, and we have been in every single game down to the last minutes. It's tough and I understand the sentiments for a coaching change considering the talent we have, but screw turning down a divisional title and home playoff game. I don't want to sit around this postseason. It sucks.

When we get it clicking I think we can beat any team in the league.

Those Barry Sanders years didn't have someone like Matthew Stafford at Quarterback or a generational defensive player like Suh. It's a much different team, look and its nice to have a franchise QB with an arm.

I absolutely agree. They're probably the team I want to see most because of the rivalry and because I think its a solid W for us.

And yet all we can do is beat bad teams, or injured good teams. Johnson's prime is being wasted. That snow game was the perfect opportunity to lob throws to him yet he was targeted five times. Almost none in the second half. What is wrong with this coaching staff? How many second half collapses can one team have.

Off sides, penalties, horrible interceptions...something is wrong. The team lacks discipline and Stafford acts like nothing is ever wrong, especially with his play. I'll never question his heart but he's just not an accurate QB, and we're paying him elite QB money to do what exactly? Pad his stats with screen plays? He has one of the worst downfield pass % completion rates in the league.

cdyhybrid

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 24m
Most times a defense has allowed 4 TD passes this season: Cowboys 4, Redskins 2 and then 13 other teams one apiece. 17 teams zero times.

Hammer24

Banned
SD @ DEN

WAS @ ATL
SF @ TB
SEA @ NYG
PHI @ MIN
NE @ MIA
BUF @ JAC
HOU @ IND
CHI @ CLE
KC @ OAK
NYJ @ CAR
GB @ DAL
ARI @ TEN
NO @ STL
CIN @ PIT

BAL @ DET

RBH

ibdc65sidJFJ69.png

iE3ERjr3tmyWS.png

j5wD9lwc5RaUA.png

gutshot

Is there a RB in the league that makes better cuts than McCoy? I don't think so, and that includes Peterson.

He's the shiftiest back since Barry Sanders. Everyone has seen the big plays but what most people don't see are all the short runs he makes on a regular basis. He's turned so many 2 or 3 yard losses into 5 or 6 yard gains, just on his own, it's ridiculous. Best back in the league right now, IMO.

Trasher

Is there a RB in the league that makes better cuts than McCoy? I don't think so, and that includes Peterson.

Pretty much. That's what gave him such an advantage in the second half of that game. He could just cut and juke every Lions player until they slipped in the snow. That's also why Ross did so well in the return game too I think. If the Eagles didn't have McCoy, they lose that game. He single-handedly took over that game. Of course both teams played in the same conditions, but when you have McCoy on your team I think you have to say advantage Eagles in that scenario.

At the beginning of this season, after I watched the preseason games, I thought that McCoy looked like the best RB in the league. And now he's currently leading all RBs in rushing isn't he?

cajunator

Banned
Huh...the NFL is removing NFL Top Ten videos from youtube. I had one I left up on Saturday before I went to work and it was blocked by the time I came back this morning.
Now all the NFL Top Ten videos are disappearing too from searches.

Huh...the NFL is removing NFL Top Ten videos from youtube. I had one I left up on Saturday before I went to work and it was blocked by the time I came back this morning.

Don't want to have people watch that stuff for free and miss out on advertisement. #NoFunLeague

gutshot

I wish all leagues were like the NBA and MLS and put all their highlights and stuff on Youtube. It's so much nicer than having to navigate to the official site and use whatever crappy player they have. I think MLB's player even uses Silverlight. Ugh.

Trasher

Shifty McCoy. Looks like he's got special shoes on and everyone else is just sliding around.
Apparently McCoy did switch cleats at halftime:

After pregame warmups, McCoy said he heeded teammate Brad Smith’s advice and switched from half-inch cleats to three-quarter-inch cleats, which helped him to a franchise-record 217 rushing yards. Schwartz was skeptical about McCoy’s advantage.

“I don’t know what they would have changed to other than what we wore,” he said. “We wore the longest possible cleats that were available. It was almost like guys were walking around on stilts. So, unless they had snowshoes or something like that. … We had some guys change after pregame warm-ups. Some guys changed just to have dry stuff on at halftime, but really there was no difference. We were already wearing the longest allowable cleats.”

squicken

It's been 10 years now that the Rams have failed to have a winning record. Paper made the point that Fisher's end of the year press conferences are starting to sound like Martz, Linehan and Spags. Charlie Brown's teacher trombone mwa mwa mwa ma ma mwa mwa mwa mwa

squicken

ESPN QB Report

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/105965/nfl-week-14-qb-report

Carson Palmer
Passer rating: 112.1
QBR: 96.0
Analysis: Palmer produced the most accurate game in his career (minimum five attempts) and the best for an NFC quarterback this season (84.9 percent, minimum 25 attempts). Included in his 27-for-32 day were completions on all 12 targets of receiver Larry Fitzgerald. He targeted most of his passes (26) over the middle (defined as between the numbers), and all 32 passes came from inside the pocket. He was sacked once and put under duress only three times in 33

Russell Wilson
Passer rating: 81.9
QBR: 48.1
Briefly: Wilson struggled downfield against the San Francisco 49ers, managing only two completions (in eight attempts) on passes that traveled more than 10 yards in the air. Both were caught by tight end Luke Wilson, including one for a touchdown.

Matt Schaub
Passer rating: 76.5
QBR: 45.3
Briefly: Schaub targeted receiver Andre Johnson 11 times after replacing Case Keenum in the third quarter. The pair connected for eight completions after Keenum hit Johnson on five of 10 passes earlier. Four of those passes were judged on video review to be off-target (poor throws by Keenum).

Colin Kaepernick
Passer rating: 67.5
QBR: 41.5
Briefly: Kaepernick barely completed 50 percent of his passes against the Seahawks, and coach Jim Harbaugh's careful play calling in scoring position suggested middling trust in his decision-making against an elite defense. But his 8-yard run on third-and-7 late in the fourth quarter was one of the most important plays of the game.

Kellen Clemens
Passer rating: 48.5
QBR: 17.5
Briefly: Two interceptions, four sacks and a fumble (not lost) led to Clemens' third game this season (in six starts) with a QBR under 20.

Matthew Stafford
Passer rating: 60.1
QBR: 11.6
Briefly: In snowy conditions, Stafford was credited with five fumbles. He lost one. But he wasn't the only Lions player with slippery hands. His receivers dropped four passes, about 16 percent of his total attempts. Also: In the crucial fourth quarter, Stafford completed only one of eight pass attempts.

Robert Griffin III
Passer rating: 63.6
QBR: 6.7
Briefly: Griffin completed twice as many passes that traveled 15 yards or more in the air (four) than passes that traveled five or fewer (two). Go figure.

Jets will beat CAR.

Geno Smith is totally throwing for 300 yards and 2 TDs. Jets will break Scam, and continue ruining their draft pick by winning meaninglessly.

STONE COLD LOCK.

MechDX

Gruden is not leaving ESPN yet Lance Z stated this morning he was seen AT Reliant stadium on Friday. Usually just talk but Lance wouldn't throw this out if he didn't trust his sources

Hmmmm....

Hammer24

Banned
Gruden is not leaving ESPN yet Lance Z stated this morning he was seen AT Reliant stadium on Friday. Usually just talk but Lance wouldn't throw this out if he didn't trust his sources

Hmmmm....

Isn´t Gruden usually seen dancing around every stadium as soon as a vacancy pops up?

Top Bottom