• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 15 |OT| Winter Is Coming

Farooq

Banned
Rodgers had to ride the bench until the weight training and mechanics change kicked in. Russell is essentially a Brady tier miss by the league. And to be fair, Dalton is better than a few guys drafted ahead of him.

What did Rodgers change in his mechanics? I only remember reading he use to hold the ball much higher, and lowered it because he said it was wasted motion.

Greg

The question is whether the Packers would prefer to risk Rodgers just to go one and out in the playoffs, or if playing safe for next year is better.
anything can happen in the playoffs though, and he has an off-season of recovery if needed

next year they can have the best team in the league during the regular season and still get bounced in the first round - at least in this scenario they're only 2 games away from finding out

What Rodgers change in his mechanics? I only remember reading he use to hold the ball much higher, and lowered it because he said it was wasted motion.
His mechanics weren't bad coming out (apart from the Tedford shelf), but he had time to polish them to a pretty ridiculous degree. The zip on his passes is completely unreal compared to where it was when he was in college.

We could try to explain it with steroids or HGH or whatever, but he does some stuff with his shoulders and feet when on the move that isn't taught and probably can't be.

e:
untitled-1z1rwk.gif

How is this humanly possible.

Talon

What Rodgers change in his mechanics? I only remember reading he use to hold the ball much higher, and lowered it because he said it was wasted motion.
Rodgers has made the biggest jump in arm strength I've seen from college to the pros.

He went from this:
aaron-rodgers-cal-120807.jpg

to this:
Aaron-Rodgers-Green-Bay-Packers.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
anything can happen in the playoffs though, and he has an off-season of recovery if needed

next year they can have the best team in the league during the regular season and still get bounced in the first round - at least in this scenario they're only 2 games away from finding out

I can't see any of the NFC North teams getting past the 49ers or Panthers. Best chance is a freak snow game. The Bears and Packers just have too many obvious flaws in their lineup to not be massacred in the playoffs. And the Lions plainly need a new coaching staff.

Running for the playoffs anyway is fine. But risking Rodgers during it would be stupid. If they're still being coy about his return then his injury must not be healing as fast as expected so pushing him to go in quicker would be foolish. Maybe if Flynn succeeds, he'll be ready for the playoffs. But there's little reason to rush him just to play the Steelers of all teams.

Milchjon

I trust neither us nor the Bengals to beat the Ravens when it counts.

I don't think there's a way the Dolphins lose to the Jets and Bills.

I think there's a serious chance we lose out.

Goodbye playoffs.

cajunator

Banned
It's the mustache.

Kind of like how Brees had to alter his delivery to a higher point due to his height. It means on days when the line breaks down he has trouble finding the passing lanes so he is easier to shut down, but when hes on, he is ridiculously accurate.

Milchjon

Holy fuck, some of these penalties...

Honestly, winning on 6 field goals is probably on the same level of bullshit as 4th and 28.

Ravens will win the SB now.

Top Bottom