• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
l5MpABh.png

Picture me rollin.

With all three timeouts remaining why not try a bootleg QB run? Or QB sneak? Or run it two times up the middle?

Hell if you want to pass why spread with no RB in the backfield? Stacy could have at least picked up that free blitzer. Terrible goaline time management.

Fixed

LJ11

Good defensive teams just blitz empty sets. Wouldn't it be a better idea to show empty and then motion to one back instead of doing the opposite, may catch them napping and unable to communicate in time. Shotty loved to go empty in NY too by motioning the back outside and then doing fuck all with it.

Edit: they even had the QB draw on the penalty play.

Afrikan

I think I'm done watching Seahawks games....the way they pull wins out of their arses...wasted energy on my part.

like who would ESPN bring out after the game...I mean player of the game for the Seahawks has to be Earl Thomas for tackles preventing TDs and big plays.

Rams straight lost this.

edit- don't get me wrong, good teams still find ways to win....but daaaaamn maaan.

Kiryu

Well, if you've watched Seattle throughout this season their offense has been pretty mediocre.. but the offensive line tonight was beyond horrible... and Wilson didn't play well (take out that Tate catch, which honestly should have been a pick).. and he had what.. 50 something yards?
True.
Mad Props to Rams D Line... Man so many sacks. It's like Ram Rushing D Line is only Russell Wilson's kryptonite.

Great goaline stand by the Hawks. The Seahawks need to stay true to the run cause Wilson can't do it all like Rodgers, not by a long shot.

I enjoyed watching the game even though we lost. Good to see that all the blowout talk was for nothing. Rams get a lot of shit but we have a good amount of talent being wasted by bad coaching and shit qb play. Neither Walton or Schottenheimer (or Fisher for that matter) deserve to be around for next season.

OG Loc

I enjoyed watching the game even though we lost. Good to see that all the blowout talk was for nothing. Rams get a lot of shit but we have a good amount of talent being wasted by bad coaching and shit qb play. Neither Walton or Schottenheimer (or Fisher for that matter) deserve to be around for next season.
Lets be friends

Drakeon

LOL at the 9ers beating the Seahawks. What was the combined score the last 2 games?

Last time we played them in San Francisco, we won. We play them in SF later in the year, just need them to lose a game (unlikely outside of the Saints game) and us to go undefeated (we don't have a tough schedule either, the only tough teams left are vs Seattle, @ Saints, and vs Carolina) to take the division. I forget how they determine who wins the division if we'd have the same record and split the two games. Is it point differential? Because if it is, I like our chances, having dropped 30+ on our last 5 opponents.

squicken

I take solace that all the problems with the offense that aren't on Bradford can be exposed. SEA won b/c Wilson made a shit throw and his WRs bailed him out. Rams WRs do nothing and Schotty sucks. Coaching drafting development it is all shit.

Narag

Last time we played them in San Francisco, we won. We play them in SF later in the year, just need them to lose a game (unlikely outside of the Saints game) and us to go undefeated (we don't have a tough schedule either, the only tough teams left are vs Seattle, @ Saints, and vs Carolina) to take the division. I forget how they determine who wins the division if we'd have the same record and split the two games. Is it point differential? Because if it is, I like our chances, having dropped 30+ on our last 5 opponents.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Great goaline stand by the Hawks. The Seahawks need to stay true to the run cause Wilson can't do it all like Rodgers, not by a long shot.

They were pretty balanced run-to-pass actually, it's just nothing worked for them.

They had 5 first downs that weren't from penalties. 4 pass, 1 rush.

They were so bad, the Rams had the ball for almost twice the time the Hawks did.

They are lucky Bradford was out.

Afrikan

I didn't watch the game but my Seahawks loving friend is saying this game will be used as a blue print to beating the Hawks. Something about not letting Russell out of the pocket. True?

its always been like that....but a team still needs to stay disciplined. The Panthers did the best job, imo. They slowly closed in the pocket, without letting Russ make it to the outside.

The Rams just whooped on these backup tackles. Not everyone has pass rush like that on both sides of the ends.

squicken

Terrance Ganaway @TerranceGanaway
Play was to Quick and he didn't even get lined up correctly to start the play. Play was doomed to begin with.

Was there at training camp. essentially quit football b/c he hated Schottenheimer

I take solace that all the problems with the offense that aren't on Bradford can be exposed. SEA won b/c Wilson made a shit throw and his WRs bailed him out. Rams WRs do nothing and Schotty sucks. Coaching drafting development it is all shit.
My biggest fear after Bradford went down was that it would be used as an excuse for losing games instead of the shit coaching. Glad to see this is not the case.

cdyhybrid

meh, it's week 8 every team is hurt, at least you have your starting QB wonder how rams fan feel?
Rams weren't going anywhere with Bradford anyway.

I'm just saying it might be a little premature to say the season is over when we don't have either starting tackle or Harvin back yet.

LJ11

I think Russell just said he wanted the Defense to stay on the field to stop the Rams. "We didn't want turnovers, so we played fuck all on O. Let the D get us the W."

Drakeon

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Yeah, just looked it up. Could come down to Strength of Victory. Doubt it comes down to points scored and allowed. Ah, who am I kidding, it's exceedingly unlikely that the 49ers and Seahawks end with the same record. I think we'll both sweep the Cardinals and Rams though, FWIW.

Top Bottom